Windows 10: Double iTunes Icon when pinned

Discus and support Double iTunes Icon when pinned in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I know how to get around the double iTunes icon in Windows 8, unfortunately that doesn't seem to work on Windows 10, has anyone found another way? 10289 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EchoX860, Jul 29, 2015.

1. EchoX860 Win User

Double iTunes Icon when pinned

I know how to get around the double iTunes icon in Windows 8, unfortunately that doesn't seem to work on Windows 10, has anyone found another way?

:)

EchoX860, Jul 29, 2015

2. Duplicate taskbar icons

Windows 10 Final Build 10240. ( Not Insider. )

I am having a really annoying problem with the taskbar where the iTunes shortcut tends to duplicate when i pin it to the taskbar , this never happened before, not in Windows 7 or Windows 8 , 8.1..... is there a way to stop Windows from duplicating pinned
    icons, and this problem affects the iTunes icon ONLY , Latest iTunes (version 12.2.2.25.), Windows is up to date.

Thanks...........

Mustafa Amr, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Duplicate taskbar icons

Thanks for your help......

i tried removing the second icon (iTunes2.exe), it didnt help.

the icon stayed in the taskbar, and when i unpin the 2nd icon, it automatically unpins the 1st one, and now iTunes is unpinned from the taskbar.

now, when i repinned the icon again, it doesn't carry the 2 next to it's name, so when i pin the running instance of iTunes , another one appears next to it on the taskbar, and now there is two iTunes icons next to each other , one is running and the other
    is not, and when i unpin one of them , the other one disappears , and the quick launch folder only contains one iTunes icon.............

This is really frustrating, and as i mentioned in the first post this only happens with iTunes.

Thank You.........

Mustafa Amr, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Double iTunes Icon when pinned

1. Double iTunes Icon when pinned - Similar Threads - Double iTunes Icon

2. Invisible iTunes icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Invisible iTunes icon on taskbar: [ATTACH] So I've had this invisible icon on my taskbar that I can't get rid of for around half a year. It doesn't really bother me but I thought I'd ask here anyway. I can't open it or hover over it and highlight it, but I can move it around and right-click it. When I do...
  3. Taskbar shows double icons when I click program pinned there only once

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar shows double icons when I click program pinned there only once: When I single-click on an any icon pinned to my taskbar to start that program, I always get two windows of the application open up and begin to run. It is getting pretty irritating to have to close the unnecessary second instance of the program. How can I get a single-click,...
  4. Itunes icon

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Itunes icon: New laptop with windows 10. Downloaded iTunes. How do I get icon onto desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-icon/81178323-f9d4-46d2-9e6d-3bef4383fe26"
  5. Double Office Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double Office Icons: Hello, About a month ago, I got a new computer for university. The computer came in with a trail version of office, which I got rid of, and later installed it again, this time with the university credentials. The problem is that I have a pair of duplicate icons in my "All...
  6. Taskbar creating duplicate of iTunes icon when I open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar creating duplicate of iTunes icon when I open it: I have the latest version of iTunes pinned to my taskbar and whenever I open iTunes, it creates a new icon next to it. I have had this problem recently on Windows 7, however I fixed it by pinning the 'open' iTunes icon to the taskbar and unpinning the 'closed' one. I...
  7. Office Icons + Itunes Icons missing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Icons + Itunes Icons missing: I am missing the icons for a few pieces of software, such as office, i have tried resetting the icon cache, to no avail, any ideas? Thanks. 25765
  8. iTunes double icon problem solved with iTunes 12.3

iTunes double icon problem solved with iTunes 12.3: Hi there, Just wanted to let you all know that the annoying problem with the double iTunes icons, when pinned down to the taskbar, finally is solved *Smile Just unpin the icon, update iTunes to version 12.3 (today released) and repin the icon to the taskbar. Greetz,...
  9. Double Icons For iTunes 12.2.1 on Taskbar

Double Icons For iTunes 12.2.1 on Taskbar: I am using Windows 10240 and I have the latest iTunes 12.2.1 installed. I have it pinned to my taskbar but when I open it it creates a second icon for iTunes on the taskbar. I have tried unpinning and repinning both icons several times but that doesn't help. It always creates...
  10. Icons on desktop doubled

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons on desktop doubled: I have everal icons on my desktop. Some were short cut icons one day I started up my computer and they all doubled. I have no idea why. Does anyone have any idea what happened? 94865