Windows 10: Double Tap to Wake Up Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Turn On or Off

Discus and support Double Tap to Wake Up Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Double Tap to Wake Up Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Turn On or Off How to Turn On or Off Double Tap to Wake Up Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by garydexter, May 23, 2016.

1. Double Tap to Wake Up Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Turn On or Off

How to: Double Tap to Wake Up Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Turn On or Off

How to Turn On or Off Double Tap to Wake Up Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Double Tap to Wake Up Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Turn On or Off [​IMG]
    Information The double tap to wake feature allows you to awaken your sleeping phone by tapping twice on the screen. This can be easier than pressing the phone's power button to wake the phone.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off the double tap to wake up phone feature on your Windows 10 Mobile phone.

Note Not all Windows 10 Mobile phones support the double tap to wake feature yet.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and tap on Personalization. (see screenshot below)

2. Tap on Lock screen. (see screenshot below)

3. Turn On or Off Double-tap to wake up phone for what you want set. (see screenshot below)

4. If you like, tap on the Start *Start button at the bottom of your phone to go back to your Start screen. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

garydexter, May 23, 2016
  2. TheHoofer Win User

Is my lumia 635 off? How do you know?

How do you know if the lumia 635 is off? If you want it off, how do you check to see without turning it back on? The 521 had a double tap to wake up the phone, if the phone didn't wake up, you could assume it was off. Can't find the double tap feature
    on the 635. Any other tricks to check if the phone is off?

TheHoofer, May 23, 2016
  3. When will double tap to wake up feature will be available in windows 10 mobile?

When will double tap to wake up feature will be available in windows 10 mobile

Moved from Insider

Original title: double tap to wake up

Pavan KumarCiliveru, May 23, 2016
  4. NEURO2015 Win User

Double Tap to Wake Up Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Turn On or Off

I have a Lumia 650 that I bought beginning of November. Then it got an update, I read that DTTW was part of it...enabled it in settings and it worked great. Then a few weeks ago, I noticed it was gone. It's nowhere to be found and doesn't work at all. Anyone know what happened?

I'm using Cricket Wireless in the U.S. and have the latest updates available through the Updates screen. Thanks.

NEURO2015, Dec 13, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello NEURO, *Smile

I still have this setting available in the latest Insider build 14977 on a Lumia 1520.

Brink, Dec 13, 2016
  6. NEURO2015 Win User
    Hey Brink,

I'm not using the Insider builds on my phone. I'm on build 10.0.14393.576. It's just odd that I had DTTW last month, after I updated the new phone with the September update. Then 3-4 weeks ago, DTTW just vanished from the phone.

NEURO2015, Dec 13, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Odd. Hopefully it'll return for you in the next build. *Confused

Brink, Dec 13, 2016
  8. NEURO2015 Win User

I'm guessing you haven't heard of anything like this from anyone else? If anyone would know, you would.

Getting tired of the laws of physics and the universe not applying to my world for some reason...always the odd duck.

NEURO2015, Dec 13, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    This is the first I heard of it, but the new build was only released yesterday. We shall see how many others were affected the same way.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Double Tap to Wake Up Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Turn On or Off - Similar Threads - Double Tap Wake

2. Double Tap

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double Tap: When I want to "enter" something and I tap that key, it always returns to the same empty space and I have to re-enter and tap "enter" again. What can cause that? It is annoying....
  3. Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Device Encryption for your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Device encryption helps protect your files and folder on your Windows 10 Mobile phone from unauthorized...
  4. Double-tap-to-wake coming to compatible Windows 10 Mobile phones

in Windows 10 News
    Double-tap-to-wake coming to compatible Windows 10 Mobile phones: Double-tap-to-wake coming to compatible Windows 10 Mobile phones 9YpC81LtnV4 Microsoft engineer Goran P. wrote on Feedback Hub today that the Double-tap-to-wake feature is coming to Windows 10 Mobile handsets that support it. Microsoft did not provide a list of...
  5. Turn On or Off Airplane Mode on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Airplane Mode on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Turn On or Off Airplane Mode on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Airplane Mode on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Bluetooth, and NFC sharing wireless communication at once on your Windows 10 Mobile phone. While in Airplane mode, you...
  6. Turn On or Off Bluetooth on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Bluetooth on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Turn On or Off Bluetooth on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Bluetooth Wireless Communication on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Bluetooth lets you use all sorts of wireless devices with your phone—Bluetooth headsets, headphones, a...
  7. Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a mobile hotspot with your Windows 10 Mobile phone to share your cellular data connection with other...
  8. Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Device Portal for Mobile on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The Windows Device Portal lets you configure and manage your device remotely over a network or USB...
  9. Find My Phone - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find My Phone - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Find My Phone - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Find My Phone in Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions,...
  10. Flashlight - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Flashlight - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Flashlight - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Flashlight in Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10149 for phones now includes a Flashlight quick action button in the Action Center so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. double tap to wake up windows phone

2. double tap to turn on windows phone

3. double tap to wake up on windows phone

4. double tap in lumia windows 10 to wake up,
  5. double tap to wakeup windows phone app,
  6. double tap screen to wake windows 10 mobile,
  7. double tap to wake up windows 10