Windows 10: double trouble

Discus and support double trouble in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I actually loved vista and when 8 and 8.1 came out I liked them too...now windows 10....I'm not so sure..Im not a techy..so to me I have to take hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by gratefulmouse, Oct 17, 2015.

1. double trouble

I actually loved vista and when 8 and 8.1 came out I liked them too...now windows 10....I'm not so sure..Im not a techy..so to me I have to take hours to figure things out..searching and searching. immediate problem was..I noticed my Norton antivirus wasn't showing up on my task bar..it was flaking out on me..I clicked the icon on my desktop a few times and it came bk on..this time it didn't..it was like it wasn't there..it said to remove it and put it bk on. I did that and it wouldn't come bk on...I got worried..I have it on 3 computers and it works on 2 of my computers. I got fed up and used the removal tool several times. I then noticed windows defender come into play....It did asearch several times. but I couldn't find it on my computer. I looked everywhere and found the words and when I clicked it ...it said that the application wasn't working so my computer was defenseless..worried about that I downloaded the free avast which I used with windows defender for years and it worked. anyway I kept searching and it drove me crazy...I need to somehow get it back the application isn't there........now part II......a few days ago...I got this update download from windows..I didn't know where it was coming from...hp or windows...it was windows...well, when it had finished my cursor was there but the little blue circle wouldn't stop turning...it also started making the icons on my bottom task bar act up with like a light coming up and down on it..and then in my address bar...I couldn't even put an address in it..I would start it out and it would take off the first part and only keep on the last part of the address...it just didn't work...drove me nuts and couldn't fix it so I finally decided to take my computer back in time...did that and it stopped....then a few days later it downloaded again and bang the same thing...cursor blinking or circling like crazy not letting anything work....so I had two problems....in doing ton of research....I went to device manager and noticed the validity sensor ...under biometric device had this exclamation mark under it...its (wbf) (pid=0018).....anyway..when that is like that the cursor doesn't blink or act up....it was fine until the updates the last ones came through..it must have tried to correct it ...only it didn't..it said that the download wasn't complete....when I discovered that I realized that when it updated again I would go in and turn that thing off....it isn't used by me...its that finger thing you use to help with security.....so anyone suffering with this...check that out...now to get a good download of this would be good...so my question is how to get the app for windows defender back after cleaning Norton off several times. also I did notice in different areas....that there was still bits of Norton in my computer...like in task scheduler ...I took it off ...and in other places I removed it....if you have any ideas let me know...thanks *Sad

:)

gratefulmouse, Oct 17, 2015

2. Double Trouble

Thank you for the information. Just to confirm, can you still boot the computer in Windows? If so, we suggest that you try to boot the computer in

Safe Mode
    and check if you will still experience the same problem. Once done, let us know the result.

Reply to us with the information so that we can assist you better.

Desiree Yau, Oct 17, 2015
  3. FuryAce Win User
    Double Trouble

I can still boot the laptop in Windows. During safe mode, I still have the same problem.

Edit: Right now, I really need to fix problem 2. I just updated my drivers again and got the problem fixed.

FuryAce, Oct 17, 2015
  4. double trouble

I actually loved vista and when 8 and 8.1 came out I liked them too...now windows 10....I'm not so sure..Im not a techy..so to me I have to take hours to figure things out..searching and searching.

immediate problem was..I noticed my Norton antivirus wasn't showing up on my task bar..it was flaking out on me..I clicked the icon on my desktop a few times and it came bk on..this time it didn't..it was like it wasn't there.

it said to remove it and put it bk on. I did that and it wouldn't come bk on...I got worried..I have it on 3 computers and it works on 2 of my computers.

I got fed up and used the removal tool several times. I then noticed windows defender come into play....It did asearch several times. but I couldn't find it on my computer. I looked everywhere and found the words and when I clicked it ...it said that the application wasn't working so my computer was defenseless.

..worried about that I downloaded the free avast which I used with windows defender for years and it worked. anyway I kept searching and it drove me crazy...I need to somehow get it back the application isn't there........

.now part II......a few days ago...I got this update download from windows..I didn't know where it was coming from...hp or windows...it was windows...well, when it had finished my cursor was there but the little blue circle wouldn't stop turning...it also started making the icons on my bottom task bar act up with like a light coming up and down on it..and then in my address bar.

.I couldn't even put an address in it..I would start it out and it would take off the first part and only keep on the last part of the address...it just didn't work...drove me nuts and couldn't fix it so I finally decided to take my computer back in time...did that and it stopped....then a few days later it downloaded again and bang the same thing...cursor blinking or circling like crazy not letting anything work..

.so I had two problems....in doing ton of research....I went to device manager and noticed the validity sensor ...under biometric device had this exclamation mark under it...its (wbf) (pid=0018).....anyway..when that is like that the cursor doesn't blink or act up....it was fine until the updates the last ones came through..it must have tried to correct it ...only it didn't.

it said that the download wasn't complete....when I discovered that I realized that when it updated again I would go in and turn that thing off....it isn't used by me...its that finger thing you use to help with security...

so anyone suffering with this...check that out...now to get a good download of this would be good...so my question is how to get the app for windows defender back after cleaning Norton off several times.

also I did notice in different areas....that there was still bits of Norton in my computer...like in task scheduler ...I took it off ...and in other places I removed it....if you have any ideas let me know...thanks *Sad

Sorry, I had to edit it for you, my eyes hurt.

Torquemada, Oct 17, 2015
Thema:

double trouble

1. double trouble - Similar Threads - double trouble

2. double charged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    double charged: I have been charged double on my account. I paid for my personal account and then was suggested by Microsoft to upgrade to a family account. I need to be reimbursed for the personal account charges. March 7, 2024 Order number 64766356-194e-44c7-be07-8c79a176926c personal...
  3. double charged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    double charged: I have been charged double on my account. I paid for my personal account and then was suggested by Microsoft to upgrade to a family account. I need to be reimbursed for the personal account charges. March 7, 2024 Order number 64766356-194e-44c7-be07-8c79a176926c personal...
  4. double charged

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My System is getting a nasty BSOD prepare for trouble and make it double

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My System is getting a nasty BSOD prepare for trouble and make it double: Hello Microsoft community, My lovely computer has been getting the random bluescreen on and off for years. I've always found it manageable and even used some preventive measures to stop a couple. BUT my nemesis "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXECEPTION" I'll further refer to this as "SSE"...
  6. My System is getting a nasty BSOD prepare for trouble and make it double

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My System is getting a nasty BSOD prepare for trouble and make it double: Hello Microsoft community, My lovely computer has been getting the random bluescreen on and off for years. I've always found it manageable and even used some preventive measures to stop a couple. BUT my nemesis "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXECEPTION" I'll further refer to this as "SSE"...
  7. Trouble with double monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble with double monitors: Hey, I just got a second monitor to connect up to my laptop. The second monitor is able to duplicate both the monitor works perfectly, but when I try to extend, the sharpness is all messed up and it's sorta blurry. The computer I'm using HP Elitebook 840 G1 has a 1366x768...
  8. Double Trouble Local account User disappeared after clicking on "Forgot Pin" on a Microsoft...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Double Trouble Local account User disappeared after clicking on "Forgot Pin" on a Microsoft...: When I accidentally clicked on Forgot Pin, it showed that User Profiles service failed the sign in. It wasn't a big deal for me because I knew the pin, but it will become a big deal if you forget the pin. Worse to come, My dad's local and only user disappeared. His user data...
  9. I got troubles with my double screen setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I got troubles with my double screen setup: So, my setup is unusual meaning I got 2 graphics cards, one for each monitor. But one of them is Nvidia (gtx 750 ti) on a 60Hz monitor and the other an AMD (rx590) on a 144Hz monitor with freesync. Anyway I installed both drivers and everything looks fine at first look. But...
  10. double Canon printer trouble

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    double Canon printer trouble: One of my pc's runs W7ult64, W10pro64 upgrade and W10pro64 build10532. It is connected to a Canon MG5550 all in one printer. W7 is running printer drivers loaded from the cd and up till now, I havn't bothered to try printing from either W10. Neither W10 detects the printer,...