Windows 10: Double Underlined Words Pop Up Adds

Discus and support Double Underlined Words Pop Up Adds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Almost every where I go on the net viewing text I see double underlined words and when the mouse cursor hits them an add pops up. It is annoying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by terratrike, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Double Underlined Words Pop Up Adds

Hello
    Almost every where I go on the net viewing text I see double underlined words and when the mouse cursor hits them an add pops up. It is annoying but I can avoid it by not touching them with the mouse. This just started recently and it's getting worse. I wonder if there is a way to get rid of it short of doing a system restore point?
    Thanks

:)

terratrike, Jan 16, 2018

2. (Windows Phone 8.1) Double underlined hyperlinks while browsing

Recently, on certain web pages i have been getting "double underlined" hyperlinks appear on some words.

When you press them, they display an advert in a small white box on the screen.

I want to know how to get rid of them, because they are very annoying and sometimes it opens pop up windows too.

Dominic Williamson-Scott, Jan 16, 2018
  3. Martmcd Win User
    how to underline text & change it to BOLD italic in notepad?

notepad is limited in what it can do, you can make a word bold and italic by -

double click on the word (to select it)

select format from the menu, then font

choose a bold italic font from the lists.

as far as I know underline is not an option in notepad.

wordpad has more functionality, (click start and type wordpad).

select the word or phrase and use the following shortcuts ctrl+u (underline), ctrl+b (bold), ctrl+i (italic) or use the icons on the home ribbon.

Martmcd, Jan 16, 2018
  4. PJLLB Win User

Double Underlined Words Pop Up Adds

A system restore won't eliminate the double underlines in some web pages. They are inserted by the web page itself and are links to advertising. Intelltxt is one source of these ads. You can stop this by restricting access to those sites. Search the web for "double underline text" for solutions. An ad blocker in Edge eliminates the double underline links too.

PJLLB, Jan 16, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @terratrike

Apparently its not just some sites, the OP said...
    Probably picked up some adware somewhere. If so, a scan with AdwCleaner should find and eliminate it.

AdwCleaner - Free Adware Cleaner & Removal Tool

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Double Underlined Words Pop Up Adds

1. Double Underlined Words Pop Up Adds - Similar Threads - Double Underlined Words

2. microsoft word secutiry notice pops up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft word secutiry notice pops up.: I use the windows10 os and since today afternoon, whenever i try to copy paste an image in microsoft word the microsoft word secutiry notice pops up. I've tried all the methods like trouble shooting etc available on the internet but nothing seems to be working. how do i fix...
  3. How to remove this? Was trying to add a symbol in word and this popped up...?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove this? Was trying to add a symbol in word and this popped up...?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Bruvv127 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jefbf5/how_to_remove_this_was_trying_to_add_a_symbol_in/
  4. Words popping-up..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Words popping-up..: Hi, please tell how to stop words from popping up as shown in image. It is causing a bit of a problem. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/words-popping-up/9cf89c36-e3ee-4000-bfa7-59d70532ef27
  5. Add a Device window pop up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add a Device window pop up: The "Add a Device " window continues to pop up approximately every 15 minutes, even after I've added all my devices. How do I stop or disable this window from continually popping up?...
  6. Underlining in Word

in Windows 10 Customization
    Underlining in Word: How can I permanently set the underline colour in word, so every new document I create already has the underline colour set to a colour I have selected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/underlining-in-word/184bb8ec-d6ed-4703-b187-1cf9292b7a14
  7. Windows 10 is not underlining misspelled words

Windows 10 is not underlining misspelled words: In the new Word, misspelled words are not being underlined. How do I activate it to pick up and underline misspelled words? It was automatic in the old version, but not now!...
  8. how to block pop-up adds

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to block pop-up adds: very annoying trying to read something with pop-ups blocking content https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-block-pop-up-adds/bcdf397c-f45c-448a-9193-927f19faaaa1
  9. My word is not underlining when i spell a word wrong

My word is not underlining when i spell a word wrong: usually it does, but however this does not happen on a document sometimes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-word-is-not-underlining-when-i-spell-a-word/c0e207b6-ef3f-4ddc-9dc6-55b4622d1aa0
  10. Problem with Add to Dictionary- corrected words still being underlined

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Add to Dictionary- corrected words still being underlined: When typing a document and a word gets underlined in red, half the time I see 'Add to Dictionary' greyed out. Even when it is working, the same word is underlined in red when I go on to type a fresh document - and that occurs when I restart the PC, too. As you can imagine,...