Windows 10: Doubt about "NAT Network" VirtualBox's option on VMWare

Discus and support Doubt about "NAT Network" VirtualBox's option on VMWare in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hello, Usually, for test environments with a few machines I used to make NAT Networks on VirtualBox since version 4.3 when they introduced that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by RixzZ, Dec 14, 2015.

1. RixzZ Win User

Doubt about "NAT Network" VirtualBox's option on VMWare

Hello,

Usually, for test environments with a few machines I used to make NAT Networks on VirtualBox since version 4.3 when they introduced that option.

Now, I'm trying to do something similar with VMWare. I noted that in VMWare (in the Virtual Network Editor) you can only have one Bridge network per phisical network adapter, one NAT network (which allows you to configure a gateway) and many host-only networks as you want.

As I understood, I think that NAT in VMWare do something similar as the default NAT network on VirtualBox (the one you don't have to create or give it a name). Now, seeing that I can't add new networks with NAT type, I can't think a way to get something similar to "NAT Networks" function of VirtuaBox, which would allow me to have personalized subnets that have a gateway on the .1 IP to allow all machines of that network use it as default route to Internet.

I saw while googling that in VMWare there is another type of network called "Custom". I can select it on every virtual machine from a dropdown menu but after selection it, i'm unable to configurate any options to it using the Virtual Network Editor. It doesn't show up in this window, and if I add it with the "Add Network" option, I have to select Bridge, NAT or host-only network type, so I have to select host-only cause both other options are limited to one entry.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

:)

RixzZ, Dec 14, 2015
  2. hitch_11 Win User

about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

i dont have any problems of those u listed i exit frrom all applications when i finish ! well this means there is no solution so thanks a lot nokia Doubt about "NAT Network" VirtualBox's option on VMWare :(

and about the music i was talking about the phone loudspeaker .. !

hitch_11, Dec 14, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    virtual pc in win 10 pro

How about VirtualBox or VMWare Player?

I have Windows XP in a VirtualBox machine. Ahhh...the good old days.

BulldogXX, Dec 14, 2015
Thema:

Doubt about "NAT Network" VirtualBox's option on VMWare

1. Doubt about "NAT Network" VirtualBox's option on VMWare - Similar Threads - Doubt NAT Network

2. Convert VMware to VirtualBox and vice-versa

in Windows 10 News
    Convert VMware to VirtualBox and vice-versa: [IMG]A Virtual Machine is one of the cheapest ways to experience and use multiple operating systems on a single computer. Two of the biggest brands in the virtual machine industry are VMWare and VirtualBox. You can easily convert VMware to VirtualBox virtual machine and vice...
  3. Doubt about preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Doubt about preview: if i download stable version of update. Will our preview notice disappear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/doubt-about-preview/6350cba6-1470-450a-915a-fa5eb4034d06
  4. Windows VM stucks on Virtualbox but not on VMWare

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows VM stucks on Virtualbox but not on VMWare: Hello there, I'm trying to run a windows VM (tried 7 and 10) with 64-bit on virtualbox. But it stucks in the "starting windows" screen (very unsmoothly animations). The vm's specs are: 8GB RAM, 2 CPUs, 128MB VRAM (Max), 32GB VHD (should be enough). All the other settings...
  5. Doubt about factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Doubt about factory reset: I was planning to sell my laptop, and preparing it for, if i made a factory reset there is a way to the person who will buy it see the last time it was logged? And there is a chance of my data stay on the ssd ? submitted by /u/Hotsaucebr [link] [comments]...
  6. Connecting problem with virtualbox and vmware

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting problem with virtualbox and vmware: i have problem with virtualbox and vmware in windows 10, i installed virtualbox with ansible setup so when i enter ifconfig it doesn't show IP address that i can connect with putty or MobXterm i want to connect three different IPs in virtualbox using putty and MobXterm but my...
  7. Vmware or virtualbox?

Vmware or virtualbox?: I have tested out vmware workstation and virtualbox and can't decide which is best, can you help me? 3559
  8. Lost NAT connection to my VMware Workstation

Lost NAT connection to my VMware Workstation: Hello Every one, well I Lost NAT connection to my VMware Workstation, After i did the upgrade to Win 10 From Win 7, everything was working Prior to the Upgrade ,so i am unable to do any Update to any of my OS on the VM, i have tried all the options to connet to the HOST IP,...
  9. W7 VM with NAT only sees its HOST machine on Network (VMWARE)

W7 VM with NAT only sees its HOST machine on Network (VMWARE): Hi there I have 3 computers -- one Linux HOST and two W10 HOSTS. I have a number of VM's usually using BRIDGED mode but my W7 VM only seems to work when it's using NAT. Now in NAT it only sees the HOST machine on the network. It can't see any of the other machines....
  10. windows 10 virtualbox NAT network connection bit pattern incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 virtualbox NAT network connection bit pattern incorrect: Hi, My windows 10 pc cannot receive/transmit the correct bit pattern from virtualbox NAT connection through a specified port. I have been able to do so with any windows 7 desktop. Is there any default settings in windows 10 that would change the bit pattern that I...