Windows 10: Downgrade from Enterprise to Pro

Discus and support Downgrade from Enterprise to Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded to the latest build (10240) today but managed to enter the enterprise product key by mistake. Is there anyway to change back to pro without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Frenchy, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Frenchy Win User

Downgrade from Enterprise to Pro

I upgraded to the latest build (10240) today but managed to enter the enterprise product key by mistake. Is there anyway to change back to pro without reinstalling? I've tried reverting to the previous build but it says the files have been deleted.

:)

Frenchy, Jul 16, 2015
  2. Tomcat115 Win User

Can't update Windows 10 Enterprise 1607 to 1703

Yeah to be honest with you, I only used enterprise because that's what my friend gave me. Otherwise I would probably be using home or pro. Quick question though, how would you downgrade from enterprise to pro? If I can't get the update for enterprise,
    then I may just go with pro.

Tomcat115, Jul 16, 2015
  3. Creators Update, 1703, upgrade fails with error 0x80070490 on Surface Pro 4

I'm using MSDN MAK keys for my Enterprise, no KMS server. It's an Azure AD only company.

I think the problem was ineherited from when I updated my Surface from Pro => Enterprise.

If I recall correctly I did that using product key change, maybe back then there was some issue with that.

What I was trying to do this time was to downgrade back to Pro version, but when I activated using the Pro key, it did not revert back to Pro but still claimed to be Enterprise. I then got a brand new Enterprise MAK key from MSDN and activated using that
    Enterprise key.

After that the update worked as expected.

Kent Nordström, Jul 16, 2015
  4. mubdea Win User

I have the same problem and looking for a solution

mubdea, Aug 8, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    I think the only way is to do a clean install and install Windows Pro on. I assume you have a key for Pro?

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Downgrade from Enterprise to Pro - Similar Threads - Downgrade Enterprise Pro

2. Downgrading from 10 IoT Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrading from 10 IoT Enterprise to Pro: I have a PC that has 10 IoT Enterprise OEM on it.Looking to downgrade it to 10 pro.Is it just change product key to the generic 10 pro key, let the PC downgrade then enter a genuine 10 pro key?...
  3. Downgrading from 10 IoT Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrading from 10 IoT Enterprise to Pro: I have a PC that has 10 IoT Enterprise OEM on it.Looking to downgrade it to 10 pro.Is it just change product key to the generic 10 pro key, let the PC downgrade then enter a genuine 10 pro key?...
  4. Downgrading from 10 IoT Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. downgrade from Enterprise to Pro

downgrade from Enterprise to Pro: Hello,A handful of computers at my company were installed as Enterprise and somehow apparently activated ok with a Pro license but as we dont have any Enterprise licenses we need to change the version to Pro.I tried just changing the license key to our Pro one and activating...
  6. downgrade from Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downgrade from Enterprise to Pro: Hello,A handful of computers at my company were installed as Enterprise and somehow apparently activated ok with a Pro license but as we dont have any Enterprise licenses we need to change the version to Pro.I tried just changing the license key to our Pro one and activating...
  7. downgrade from Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Downgrade Windows 10 enterprise to Pro

Downgrade Windows 10 enterprise to Pro: Hi, I installed a Windows 10 enterprise by mistake and did some installations on it, it is not activated till now and I found my product key is a windows 10 Pro. Is there any way to avoid re-installing the windows to activate the pro license ?...
  9. Downgrade windows 10 enterprise to pro

Downgrade windows 10 enterprise to pro: Hi, I found this in the docs on enterprise activation: "Devices with a current Windows 10 Pro license can be seamlessly upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise". I wonder if this works the other way too? I have a new pro license, so I would like to activate my (enterprise) Windows...
  10. Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro: Hello, I need to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro. I had windows 8.1 home and upgraded to windows 10 home, using the media creation tool 1809. After windows 10 home installation , I went to Settings > Updates and Security > Activation > Go to...