Windows 10: Downgrade from Windows 10 to 8.1

Discus and support Downgrade from Windows 10 to 8.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yeah not. Possible for me either. I formatted my drive before and did a clean install of Windows 10 (only to realise that it doesn't work). Where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by avada, Aug 31, 2015.

1. avada Win User

Downgrade from Windows 10 to 8.1

Good news: I could install after setting compatibility mode to 8 when choosing the mode to keep personal files, but not windows settings or applications.
    Didn't have time to test at all though. I literally only could make the initial config and login and see my icons on the desktop.
    I used the media creation tool. I can't link to it right now because I'm on mobile.
    I used the media creation tool from here: Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help

I went by this guide: How to Download Windows 10, 7, 8, and 8.1 Install Media Legally
    Couldn't use the upgrader program because it (stupidly, unlike the media creation tool) didn't accept my serial number as it is for windows 8.

The DVD was good ,I had it checked when burning.
    Thankfully I didn't have to resort to rest to unpluging drives (see above)

avada, Sep 9, 2015
  2. Joergi Win User

You already got advice. Plenty of it. Also from myself. The next time, think about possible consequences of your actions before you do them, then you also won't have to superfluously bother others taking their time just because you didn't care for yourself.

Joergi, Sep 9, 2015
  3. DRFP Win User
    This is not to just the OP, its in general:
    Windows 8 had a lot of bugs
    Windows 8.1 fixed a lot of them
    Windows 10 is a continued windows 6.3 but it has some changes and the manufactures had a YEAR to write drivers that would be compatible, was windows 10 released on a whim? Without a long notice? NO

Windows 10 still does not fix Bluetooth for instance, for some reason one of the essential functions of Phones, tablets and some PCs is not working right with 10 and that does annoy me to no end. Note this, if its broken in 8.1 its either fixed in 10 or not, but 10 overall is better

4. Joergi Win User

Although Windows 10 definitely still has its edges, I consider it to be better than Windows 8 as well.

What annoys me most is the double tracked control panel: The control panel of Windows 7 was really nice. The UI was all of a piece and that was ok. Now in Windows 10, some options are in the new settings app (which looks really, really ugly, if you ask me) and others, also of the same area, are still in the good old control panel. This crack in the interface is not good.

Joergi, Sep 9, 2015
  5. avada Win User
    Manufacturers weren't supposed to do any driver writing since the driver architecture didn't change (outside gpu), the drivers are supposed to work.

Any I had horrible latency no matter what I did. Since it ruined audio and using my dvb tuner it's a dealbreaker dor me.

I got zero positives and a bunch of problems. I wouldn't call it better. Most certainly not for me.

avada, Sep 9, 2015
  6. avada Win User
    I've stared using. Everything looks as expected I retained my user account and files. I'll need to reinstall and reconfigure programs

avada, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Downgrade from Windows 10 to 8.1 - Similar Threads - Downgrade

2. I have issues after downgrading my laptop from windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have issues after downgrading my laptop from windows 11 to 10: I went back to windows 10,Icons for apps work perfectly fine, but icons like start, notification, wifi, volume, battery etc doesn't work keyboard icon worksI don't get any error codes or messages...
  3. I have issues after downgrading my laptop from windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have issues after downgrading my laptop from windows 11 to 10: I went back to windows 10,Icons for apps work perfectly fine, but icons like start, notification, wifi, volume, battery etc doesn't work keyboard icon worksI don't get any error codes or messages...
  4. Is it possible to downgrade Windows XP to 98 without a previous installation of 98?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to downgrade Windows XP to 98 without a previous installation of 98?: Or at least how to manually uninstall Windows XP & its components. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-downgrade-windows-xp-to-98/efe8f5dd-8682-4826-b184-f16771203400
  5. Is it possible to downgrade Windows XP to 98 without a previous installation of 98?

Is it possible to downgrade Windows XP to 98 without a previous installation of 98?: Or at least how to manually uninstall Windows XP & its components. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-downgrade-windows-xp-to-98/efe8f5dd-8682-4826-b184-f16771203400
  6. downgrading from win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downgrading from win11: ive been trying to downgrade from windows 11, but since it has been past 10 days ive been trying to use installation media but it seems to keep failing and im not sure what to do....
  7. downgrading from win11

downgrading from win11: ive been trying to downgrade from windows 11, but since it has been past 10 days ive been trying to use installation media but it seems to keep failing and im not sure what to do....
  8. How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?: Hi there, I want to downgrade to Windows 10 without any data loss. I upgraded to Windows 11 about 2 years ago but now i really dislike it, how can I downgrade with NO loss of anything? When Microsoft says ‘no personal files are lost’, it seems really vague, what do i lose?...
  9. How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?

How do I downgrade from Windows 11 without any data loss?: Hi there, I want to downgrade to Windows 10 without any data loss. I upgraded to Windows 11 about 2 years ago but now i really dislike it, how can I downgrade with NO loss of anything? When Microsoft says ‘no personal files are lost’, it seems really vague, what do i lose?...
  10. I just want to downgrade Windows 10

I just want to downgrade Windows 10: Ok, I was asking my brother to buy me a Minecraft game, but he told me to upgrade Windows 11 that he can buy me a Minecraft game. So I upgraded. But I was worried about Windows 10. I really don't like Windows 11, it's so bad. I need to tell the engineers of Microsoft to...