Windows 10: Downgrade to Win 8 via Advanced Start-Up? No access to boot menu!

Discus and support Downgrade to Win 8 via Advanced Start-Up? No access to boot menu! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; *PartyHI*Cool Is it possible to overwrite my install of Windows 10 with a 8.1 by using the Advanced Start-Up option? I can get into the Windows 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulMcCartney, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Downgrade to Win 8 via Advanced Start-Up? No access to boot menu!

*PartyHI*Cool

Is it possible to overwrite my install of Windows 10 with a 8.1 by using the Advanced Start-Up option? I can get into the Windows 8 installer disc this way, but I want to make sure I don't screw aything up.

My Fujitsu T902 won't let me into the boot menu by pressing F12 anymore, it just beeps and loads up Windows normally. I'm wondering if this is some Win10 security feature or incompatibility with my computer. The computer came with Win8, but it wouldn't load after I tried installing Ubuntu. I couldn't find an official Win8 ISO so I used Win10 Beta, though I don't remember how I managed to boot into it.

I want a fresh install as I again tried installing Ubuntu via Advanced Start-Up. Then it booted into Ubuntu but couldn't load the Windows image. I managed to get back into Windows by adjusting my boot settings. Somehow the Ubuntu startup menu was able to get me into my boot settings menu, but no keyboard shortcut seems to let me in.

*Shock*Shock*Shock*Shock*Shock*Shock*Shock*Shock*CoolTAHNKYOU

:)

PaulMcCartney, Sep 13, 2016

2. No access to start menu in Windows 10, cant access a downgrade

I can not access my start menu after having Windows 10 for a couple of days. Yet at the beginning I could. I also keep getting an error message from my printer saying to keep installing it, yet I haven't done anything to it recently for it to be coming
    up that screen. I want to downgrade to Windows 8 yet I cant access the settings screen. I tried to pin it to my taskbar, and all I keep getting is Class is Not registered when I try to open it. What is going on? I am getting very frustrated with Windows 10
    and just want my old Windows back please. Thanks to whoever can help.

JoyWinstead, Sep 13, 2016
  3. Josef Bri Win User
    Microsoft Boot up doesn't show login screen

Hi JT,

Thank you for letting us know of your concern.

We would like to ask if you tried accessing your PC via safe mode? If not, please restart your PC and then try to access the advance boot menu by pressing F8 repeatedly while the PC is starts up. Once you have access to the boot menu, choose safe mode with
    networking.

Let us know if the logon screen will appear via safe mode.

Josef Bri, Sep 13, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Downgrade to Win 8 via Advanced Start-Up? No access to boot menu!

Sounds like it might be a fast boot issue. But of course, yes, you can use the Advanced Startup menu to fire off a clean (re)install of Windows 8.1, if that's what you want to do. You will probably get better help on the details in the EightForums.com forums rather than here, though...
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Sep 14, 2016
Thema:

Downgrade to Win 8 via Advanced Start-Up? No access to boot menu!

1. Downgrade to Win 8 via Advanced Start-Up? No access to boot menu! - Similar Threads - Downgrade via Advanced

2. I cannot access advance start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access advance start up: Hi everyone. Can you help me with my problem? So, I cannot access advance startup I don't know why. It happens after I do the method to enter the advance startup like restart from the setting, Holding the Shift key while restarting, etc. and when it reboot, there is a text...
  3. I cannot access advance start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access advance start up: Hi everyone. Can you help me with my problem? So, I cannot access advance startup I don't know why. It happens after I do the method to enter the advance startup like restart from the setting, Holding the Shift key while restarting, etc. and when it reboot, there is a text...
  4. Can't access Advanced Start Up Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Advanced Start Up Options in Windows 10: Apparently you hold shift while selecting “restart” from the power options and then it’ll bring it up but I have about a 50% success rate doing it this way. Half the time it’ll just black screen and I’ll be forced to hard reset my PC. Also trying to access Advanced Options...
  5. Can't access Advanced Start Up Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access Advanced Start Up Options in Windows 10: Apparently you hold shift while selecting “restart” from the power options and then it’ll bring it up but I have about a 50% success rate doing it this way. Half the time it’ll just black screen and I’ll be forced to hard reset my PC. Also trying to access Advanced Options...
  6. Can't access Advanced Start Up Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Booting stuck on start up menu screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting stuck on start up menu screen: Booting stuck on start up menu screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-stuck-on-start-up-menu-screen/c6a0d6e0-5123-4c98-a28e-f3acab799afd
  8. Unable to access the Windows Start Up Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access the Windows Start Up Menu: I have a colleague and he is unable to access the Windows Start Up Menu. When he clicks on the icon, the pop up window doesn't appear. I have already restarted the Windows Explorer from Task Manager and done the command prompt "SFC / scannow" in CMD, updated the registry...
  9. WIN 10 - Pops up start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN 10 - Pops up start menu: Hi.I have one little problem in Windows 10. The Start menu always pops up after log on the desktop.When I log in for the first time on any of the accounts, the start menu will not pops up.This only happens when switch accounts on the second login. Is it possible to set...
  10. Win 8 Advance Features On or Off?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 8 Advance Features On or Off?: I have a MSI 970 Gaming motherboard. There is a option in the BIOS to enable or disable Windows 8 Advance Features. Should I enable this even tho I'm running Windows 10 ? 6845