Windows 10: Downgrade to Windows 7 (NOT from PC Settings)

Discus and support Downgrade to Windows 7 (NOT from PC Settings) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now i want to downgrade, because the OS gets more and more limiting with every Insider Build and Update (How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TweakMaster, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Downgrade to Windows 7 (NOT from PC Settings)

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now i want to downgrade, because the OS gets more and more limiting with every Insider Build and Update (How do you expect locking the Taskbar texture to not be changed to the Taskbar my Classic,XP Luna,and Aero have?) and for gaming reasons (Minecraft keeps on crashing,due to 10s automatic driver updates). Unfortunatly, with the way MicroLocker provided,since my laptop came with 8.1, Settings only let's me downgrade to 8.1, which is the OS i hated more than 10 (Even though it's limitful, 10 is better than 8). So how can i do that?

:)

TweakMaster, Oct 26, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Oct 26, 2015
  3. How to downgrade Windows 10 (OEM) ?

I just called dell and they said it is possible to downgrade to window 7 on my pc. They could do it but i have to pay for it. The problem

now for me is finding a instructions how to downgrade a default windows 10 to windows 7.

PaulMercado, Oct 26, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Downgrade to Windows 7 (NOT from PC Settings)

Brink, Oct 26, 2015
  5. What in the world is a clean install? Does it mean you CANNOT keep your files?

NV I read it and it said i cannot keep files. Anyway to downgrade and keep your files?

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm afraid not if you don't meet the qualifications I posted about going back to the previous Windows. *Sad

Brink, Oct 26, 2015
  7. DOH*Doh. I have tons of paid games/programs on my Laptop like Minecraft (20$),WindowBlinds (5$),and more. Is there at least a way to at least choose what i CAN keep?

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Not with a clean install. *Sad

Brink, Oct 26, 2015
  9. Damn it! Seems like i either need to get rid of 8s bugs and annoyances or i should just find a hack that allows Taskbar texture changing....Who am i kidding? Seems like it's a bye bye to my favorite Minecraft saves and my WindowBlinds license....

10. Joergi Win User
    Joergi, Oct 26, 2015
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Is taskbar texture important enough to do a clean install to go back to the previous OS? I have never changed taskbar texture that I'm aware of, didn't even know you could.

You really should have been doing image backups to an external USB hard drive then problems like this are easily resolved by restoring an image.

My recommendation would be to stick with Windows 10 and look for ways to do what you feel is absolutely necessary and only then consider a clean install to go back if one or more of those can not be accomplished.

Ztruker, Oct 27, 2015
  12. If you want to actually see,if you have one, go to your 7/8/8.1 PC or Laptop and patch your theming with UXPatcher. Then get a Devitant Art theme. In the pic, it probably shows that the taskbar looks diffrent but he is running 8 or 7. On 10,this is impossible. It still looks like the 3.1-like bland color. However, that's just 1 reason. There are many more tweaking limits that MicroLock® has added with 10.

TweakMaster, Oct 27, 2015
  13. Downgrade to Windows 7 (NOT from PC Settings)

If you want to actually see,if you have one, go to your 7/8/8.1 PC or Laptop and patch your theming with UXPatcher. Then get a Devitant Art theme. In the pic, it probably shows that the taskbar looks diffrent but he is running 8 or 7. On 10,this is impossible. It still looks like the 3.1-like bland color. A WindowBlinds Skin is a great example too, as it kinda does already work with 10. The screenshot of your skin that WB shows you says the taskbar is supposed to have that specific look. But once you try it, you get the sae thing with an invisible clock. However, that's just 1 reason. There are many more tweaking limits that MicroLock® has added with 10.

14. No, i heard it already. CS i already have (The tiled SMenu with Ads and a horrible search fuction was to horrid for me) and everyone i asked said MicroLock has disabled taskbar texture (what defaults to Black in 10) change.

15. spapakons Win User
    I am using Classic Shell and I can set the taskbar color to whatever I like and also select the level of transparency I like. I can also set the color of the start menu independently to whatever else I want. The search function is similar to searching with the search icon of the taskbar, I didn't notice any problem when using it. Just click on the start button and type what you want to find in the search box. It is the same as clicking on the search icon, which you can use if you prefer.

spapakons, Oct 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Downgrade to Windows 7 (NOT from PC Settings) - Similar Threads - Downgrade Settings

2. I want to downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10. I currently have no taskbar. Settings...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10. I currently have no taskbar. Settings...: I want to downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10. I currently have no taskbar. Settings will not open. It all started when I downloaded the last update to Windows 11. Please help, if possible....
  3. I want to downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10. I currently have no taskbar. Settings...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10. I currently have no taskbar. Settings...: I want to downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10. I currently have no taskbar. Settings will not open. It all started when I downloaded the last update to Windows 11. Please help, if possible....
  4. I want to downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10. I currently have no taskbar. Settings...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do i downgrade from win10 to win7 without losing anything Files, apps and settings or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i downgrade from win10 to win7 without losing anything Files, apps and settings or...: How do i downgrade from win10 to win7 without losing anything Files, apps and settings or how to back them up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-downgrade-from-win10-to-win7-without/ab1e8708-0245-4d8d-86ba-e083591f0bee
  6. How do i downgrade from win10 to win7 without losing anything Files, apps and settings or...

How do i downgrade from win10 to win7 without losing anything Files, apps and settings or...: How do i downgrade from win10 to win7 without losing anything Files, apps and settings or how to back them up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-downgrade-from-win10-to-win7-without/ab1e8708-0245-4d8d-86ba-e083591f0bee
  7. How do i downgrade from win10 to win7 without losing anything Files, apps and settings or...

8. Can anyone help me to switch to Windows 8.1 without the downgrade option in settings please.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone help me to switch to Windows 8.1 without the downgrade option in settings please.: Hello, I have been trying to switch to Windows 8.1 from Windows 10 for 3 years. So I've been watching videos on YouTube trying to find a solution and yesterday morning I found one and I tested it. I had to create a 100GB Disk Space, then open the Windows 8.1 ISO file, copy...
  9. Can anyone help me to switch to Windows 8.1 without the downgrade option in settings please.

Can anyone help me to switch to Windows 8.1 without the downgrade option in settings please.: Hello, I have been trying to switch to Windows 8.1 from Windows 10 for 3 years. So I've been watching videos on YouTube trying to find a solution and yesterday morning I found one and I tested it. I had to create a 100GB Disk Space, then open the Windows 8.1 ISO file, copy...
  10. Can anyone help me to switch to Windows 8.1 without the downgrade option in settings please.