Windows 10: Downgrade Win 10 to Win 7 Fresh (Via USB) to much problem

Discus and support Downgrade Win 10 to Win 7 Fresh (Via USB) to much problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone. i want to Downgrade to Win 7. i cannot downgrade direct from Control Panel because i have installed Fresh Win 10. My DVD ROM not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chhatra, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Chhatra Win User

Downgrade Win 10 to Win 7 Fresh (Via USB) to much problem

Hello everyone. i want to Downgrade to Win 7. i cannot downgrade direct from Control Panel because i have installed Fresh Win 10. My DVD ROM not working so i have USB option only. i am confused in UEFI setting and all. i am have done google but i am not getting those Setting in BIOS. i have tried with Rufus in MBR and GPT both with Win 7 X86 and X64 version. my partition is MBR. i tried in NTFS and FAT32 both. please help me i am sharing my Screen shots.

so help me

:)

Chhatra, Jun 2, 2016
  2. FlowX Win User

Windows 10 downgrade to Windows 7

Hello,

So my problem is i upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and then i got a blackscreen in Windows 10 and had to reset it. Now i want to downgrade back to Windows 7 but the option is not there. The 30Days arent over yet and the windows.old folder is still
    there. I saw a site where they explained how to downgrade from win 7 to xp using the console from the advamced boot settings. I was wondering if you could do the same with win 10 to win 7. I cant find the link but it was a answers.microsoft link. Another thing
    would be forcing the downgrade option to be available by maybe editing the registry. Any help is much, very very much appreciated!

Cheers

[moved from German forums]

FlowX, Jun 2, 2016
  3. Win 10 to Win 7 downgrade problem

Hi Jay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues booting to the desktop screen. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

1. Do you receive any error message or error code?

2. Did the downgrade to Windows 7 complete? Was she able to boot to Windows 7 prior this issue?

If not, I suggest you to run Startup repair from Advance boot option and check if it helps.

It may ask you to insert the Installation DVD/USB while doing startup repair.

If you don’t have an installation media, you have to create an installation media for that.

You may download an ISO from the below link:

Download Windows 10

Once your media is ready follow the steps.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 10 CD/ DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click on Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.

• Click on Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Automatic Repair from Advanced Options screen.

• Next, choose the operating system by clicking on its button.

• Windows 10 will look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Jun 2, 2016
  4. Superfly Win User

Disable UEFI in bios - create an MBR based USB - delete the existing Win 10 partition - Bob should be your uncle then...
    bottom line no UEFI / No GPT/ No secure boot.

Superfly, Jun 2, 2016
  5. Chhatra Win User
    i Cannot Disable Uefi from control panel. and from Bios i have disabled but USB is not showing.

Chhatra, Jun 3, 2016
  6. lx07 Win User
    Installing Windows 7 in UEFI can be a bit annoying and convoluted.

You can though if you want. UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Help Forums

I'd stick with @Superflys suggestion and try to boot from USB and install mbr.

I'm not 100% sure I understand what your problem is right now. If your issue is you have disabled EFI but can't boot from USB then 3 times start up your PC and hard power off. It will then give up and try to boot from USB.

You posted a picture of PXE boot from BIOS but you don't want that. You want USB (or DVD perhaps) whatever you've got your windows installation media on. Then you boot it, press shift F10 and go into diskpart and convert your disk to mbr.

lx07, Jun 3, 2016
  7. Chhatra Win User
    sorry lx07 but that aslo not working

Chhatra, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Downgrade Win 10 to Win 7 Fresh (Via USB) to much problem - Similar Threads - Downgrade Fresh Via

2. Problem with downgrading win 11 to win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with downgrading win 11 to win 10: My computer decided to automatically update me to windows 11 while I was away from the computer. I went through the procedure to downgrade it back to windows 10, according to what I could find online, and now instead of it being a simple procedure, my computer appears to be...
  3. Problem with downgrading win 11 to win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with downgrading win 11 to win 10: My computer decided to automatically update me to windows 11 while I was away from the computer. I went through the procedure to downgrade it back to windows 10, according to what I could find online, and now instead of it being a simple procedure, my computer appears to be...
  4. Problem with downgrading win 11 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 7 to Win 10 USB Issue

Win 7 to Win 10 USB Issue: I currently run Win 7. I just purchased Win 10. I plugged in the USB drive to begin the setup per the instructions however no new device was visable to open. I checked device manager and it shows as an unknown device and I can't seem to locate a driver to make the USB drive...
  6. Transfer Files ONLY from Win 7 to Win 10 via USB drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer Files ONLY from Win 7 to Win 10 via USB drive: I know this has been addressed in some variations, but I want to make sure, because I'll do it remotely for a friend in another state... Transfer to be done via external USB drive, files are mainly Outlook and other Office files, Quickbooks files. My guess (didn't have a W7...
  7. Downgrade win 10 to 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade win 10 to 7: Hi, Is this possible to downgrade windows 10 to windows 7 or I could use windows 10 license key for windows 7? Regards, majid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-win-10-to-7/fec229c4-dcd3-467b-bc45-b084340b9e7a"
  8. Downgrade Win 10 to Win 7

Downgrade Win 10 to Win 7: Hello everyone! I am having a lot of trouble with this new refurbish computer I bought from Amazon. It has Win 10 installed through the seller, I didn't realized how hard it is to learn. All my games such as card games from multiple web sites can't be played on this computer....
  9. Downgrading error (win. 10 to 7)

Downgrading error (win. 10 to 7): So I tried to downgrade windows 10 to windows 7. Aside from having an installation problem which I am now running 32 bit instead of 64 for whatever reason, I cannot go back to windows 7 because it said "The files we need to take you back to a previous version of Windows were...
  10. Downgrade to WIn 7 From 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Downgrade to WIn 7 From 10: Hello Everyone, I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7, i would like to downgrade back to Win 7, until All the Bugs are fixed in Win 10, My Win 10 is currently Activated, if i downgrade, and then upgrade at a later time, will my Win 10 Upgrade be Activated once i decide to upgrade...