Windows 10: Downgrading after clean Install of windows 10

Discus and support Downgrading after clean Install of windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey So I did a clean install of windows 10 because my computer was running slow, but now I would like to downgrade back to windows and I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Obizan, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Obizan Win User

Downgrading after clean Install of windows 10

Hey
    So I did a clean install of windows 10 because my computer was running slow, but now I would like to downgrade back to windows and I don't have the "windows.old" because of the clean install.

Could someone please help me figure out a way to downgrade to my old windows 7.

Thanks in advance

:)

Obizan, Aug 21, 2015
  2. Holy_Geek Win User

Downgrade from windows 10 after deleting OLD WINDOWS BACKUP through DISK CLEANUP

Is there any way to downgrade to windows 7 from windows 10 after deleting the windows 7 backup through disk cleanup by mistake? If there please help, if not then can I have a clean boot install of windows 7 after upgrading to windows 10?

Holy_Geek, Aug 21, 2015
  3. What happens to old license if I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Downgrading from Pro to Home is only supported via a clean Install. However, the home license can be used after a clean install.

So in case something goes bad i.e. key doesn't work you would need to install Windows 10 home from Scratch

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 21, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Did you ever create the recovery disc set for Windows 7?
    Did you create a image backup of Windows 7 before upgrading to Windows 10?

If neither of these you are going to have to find a ISO download for the version of Windows 7 you had on the internet as there are no official Microsoft sites for this nay more. The first part of this tutorial discusses all the possible ways to do this:

How to Clean Reinstall a Factory OEM Windows 7

There is also a possibility that you can use the built-in recovery partition to restore to factory state by pressing a Fn key during boot. Not sure which one the tablet uses though.

Ztruker, Aug 21, 2015
  5. Bazz Win User
    You need to download the media for your old version of windows and then you need to install that, If you have your licence key your cool if not you need to purchase a new key.

6. Obizan Win User
    my Old windows came with my computer is there a way to find the key on my hardware somewhere

Obizan, Aug 21, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    It should be on the COA sticker affixed to the computer somewhere.

Ztruker, Aug 21, 2015
  8. Bazz Win User

In a ideal world, the dog ate it, the kids pulled it off, keeping it safe is not always on average joe's mind.

9. Obizan Win User
    yea I don't have that sticker anywhere *Sad so i guess I am gonna have to try all the other options

Obizan, Aug 21, 2015
  10. Tony K Win User
    Hello, Obizan. Welcome to Windows Ten Forums.

Does your Elitebook have a recovery partition on it?

Tony K, Aug 21, 2015
  11. Obizan Win User
    I have created one but i can't find I saved it on a usb

Obizan, Aug 21, 2015
  12. Obizan Win User
    would I be allowed to copy the windows.old folder from another computer and use that as my backup

Obizan, Aug 21, 2015
  13. Downgrading after clean Install of windows 10

Good question Hippsie!

Obizan, please post a screen shot of your Disk Management.
    If you've already downloaded the custom MMC, go to Step 2 to launch it and then grab the screen shot.

Step 1: Download this zip file (contains dmDskmgr-vd.mmc)

dmDskmgr-vd.zip
    Step 2: Double click dmDskmgr-vd.zip to open the compressed folder
    Double click dmDskmgr-vd.mmc to launch the custom Disk Management console
    You'll get an output similar to this:

Downgrading after clean Install of windows 10 [​IMG]

Press Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
    Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image
    Attach the image to a new post.
    Option 2: Use Disk Management in the x-Menu (right click the Windows logo, select Disk Management)
    Select View > Bottom > Disk list
    Maximize the window and grab the screen shot.

Here's how you can grab a screen shot that shows the issue and attach it to a new post.
    Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

Slartybart, Aug 21, 2015
  14. Obizan Win User

Ok so I went with option one
    Sorry for taking so long to respond
    Is there any hope?

Thanks for your help

Obizan, Aug 21, 2015
  15. Obizan Win User

when I use the other way it does show "healthy (Recovery partition)" is that what you meant in the previews questions?

Obizan, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Downgrading after clean Install of windows 10 - Similar Threads - Downgrading clean Install

2. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation after clean install: Hi, i've just done a clean install of Windows 10, and im using the old key that i had but now it's giving me error code 0x803f7001. According to the FAQ it means that the key doesnt exist but that's weird because it did activate before? Not sure how i can solve this....
  3. My windows downgraded after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows downgraded after clean install: Hi, this laptop was bought way back and it came with Windows 8.1 I believe, and didn't use it for a few year since it broke. Now that I repaired it, I restored it and updated everything to windows 10. I checked it was updated to windows 10 pro. and then i got an SSD, which i...
  4. Reactivation after a clean install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation after a clean install of Windows 10: I have plans of a fresh install of Windows 10 on my PC as it has slowed down over time. My laptop had come with Windows 10 installed and activated out of the box. Should I buy another key to activate Windows 10? I read some articles on the internet and learnt that the...
  5. Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home without clean install

Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home without clean install: Hello, I started with windows 10 home, got it free from when they first released it so I don't remember having a activation code with it. I recently mistakenly purchased windows 10 pro because I thought it would allow me to encrypt my laptop, but it turns out my laptop is...
  6. No sound on windows 10 after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on windows 10 after clean install: A few months ago I wiped the computer hard drives clean and reinstalled windows 10. After the new install the external computer speakers will not work. I know they work with windows 10 as they did before the clean install which was 10. The speakers work just fine when...
  7. Windows 10 freezing after clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing after clean install: Hi, my computer keeps freezing even after a clean install on a SSD drive, mainly while using the edge browser. I did a full reset and still it froze while watching Mission Impossible trailer. nb. I have no third party software installed. The system a simple standard...
  8. Clean install to downgrade, serial key question

Clean install to downgrade, serial key question: I've installed Windows 10 and after a few days I want to rollback to Windows 8.1 Because I used a Media Creation Tool, apparently the files needed to do so have been wiped off my drive. I decided to do a clean install of Windows 8.1, but I'm wondering, how does a clean...
  9. downgrade from clean install of windows 10 v1709 to v1607?

downgrade from clean install of windows 10 v1709 to v1607?: is it possible downgrade from clean install of windows 10 v1709 to v1607 without loosing apps,files? when i run v1607 setup it shows me this message: [img] 95723
  10. How could I downgrade to Win 7 after a clean Win 10 install.

in Windows 10 Support
    How could I downgrade to Win 7 after a clean Win 10 install.: Mine was with Win 7. This was done few years back throughWin7 upgrade disk. I have this Win 7 upgrade disk and COA for it. (Bought from Amazon) Can I revert back to Win 7 11920