Windows 10: Downgrading and going back to Windows 10

Discus and support Downgrading and going back to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Well, I have the latest Windows 10 update installed in my notebook, and I have been having problems with the compatibility of my drivers and Windows,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nyhold, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Nyhold Win User

Downgrading and going back to Windows 10

Well, I have the latest Windows 10 update installed in my notebook, and I have been having problems with the compatibility of my drivers and Windows, as a consequence some games can't be played. To make them playable I have to either downgrade windows or the software responsible for game graphics so it doesn't conflict. The SO downgrading is the 100% solving chance solution, so I decided on it, and saw the things I could do to get the previous version working. I saw the dual boot possibility, so I could keep my Windows 10 for work and the earlier version for gaming. Unfortunately my disk can't be parted in a large enough partition because there are immovable files in the end of the partition, so my alternatives were a VM or the actual SO downgrade. But I'm afraid I can lose my Windows 10 forever, because I don't know how the digital license activation works, if it validates because of my device or my account, or if I lose the digital license when downgrading. I used a .vbs file to get my product key, but I'm still not confident it'll be enough.

My question basically is: Can I go back to my Windows 10 Pro with a .iso file after downgrading knowing that it will be activated (since I got Windows 10 from the free upgrades, I think I have a digital license, but I don't know if it's on the device or the account)? If you could tell me if it's possible to do it without a removable disk (pendrive e.g.) or a DVD/CD-ROM and also tell me how, it would be great.

I'm really tired of having my drivers running in compatibility mode, but I don't know if someday I'll want Windows 10 back.

:)

Nyhold, Jul 13, 2018

2. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

• Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    • Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    • Click "Repair this computer"
    • Go to "Advanced options"
    • click system restore
    • Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Downgrading and going back to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Downgrading going

2. Why didn't my pc downgrade to Windows 10 after clicking "Go Back to Windows 10"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why didn't my pc downgrade to Windows 10 after clicking "Go Back to Windows 10"?: Hi Microsoft,So i recently just trying to install bluetooth updates but it force me to download windows 11 so i must restart and update it because they left me no choice to JUST download the bluetooth driver updateso i decided to just install windows 11 and then go back to...
  3. Why didn't my pc downgrade to Windows 10 after clicking "Go Back to Windows 10"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why didn't my pc downgrade to Windows 10 after clicking "Go Back to Windows 10"?: Hi Microsoft,So i recently just trying to install bluetooth updates but it force me to download windows 11 so i must restart and update it because they left me no choice to JUST download the bluetooth driver updateso i decided to just install windows 11 and then go back to...
  4. Windows 10 downgrade can't reverse and go back to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 downgrade can't reverse and go back to windows 11?: I downloaded windows 10 on a windows 11 gaming computer yesterday to try and get an adapter working. When I try to reinstall windows 11 it's not working. There's got to be a way to get it upgraded again? I'm seeing various answers on the internet with some saying you can't...
  5. Windows 10 downgrade can't reverse and go back to windows 11?

Windows 10 downgrade can't reverse and go back to windows 11?: I downloaded windows 10 on a windows 11 gaming computer yesterday to try and get an adapter working. When I try to reinstall windows 11 it's not working. There's got to be a way to get it upgraded again? I'm seeing various answers on the internet with some saying you can't...
  6. Windows 10 downgrade can't reverse and go back to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. how to go back to windows 11 if u downgraded to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to go back to windows 11 if u downgraded to windows 10: how to go back to windows 11 if u downgraded to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-go-back-to-windows-11-if-u-downgraded-to/64ed2787-3530-479d-aa6f-5cb4b2048208
  8. how to go back to windows 11 if u downgraded to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to go back to windows 11 if u downgraded to windows 10: how to go back to windows 11 if u downgraded to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-go-back-to-windows-11-if-u-downgraded-to/64ed2787-3530-479d-aa6f-5cb4b2048208
  9. how to go back to windows 11 if u downgraded to windows 10

10. How do I downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10? The "go back" option doesn't appear in my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10? The "go back" option doesn't appear in my...: Due to some reasons, I think it would be best to downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10, however I couldn't seem to see the "go back" option which is supposed to appear in my settings. I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 when it came out, so does that mean I have to buy...