Windows 10: Download Folder has other unrelated folders in it

Discus and support Download Folder has other unrelated folders in it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Hi there! As you can see from the attached photo, my library got messed up somehow. Now the downloads folder has all the other folders in it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orhansumen, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Download Folder has other unrelated folders in it

Download Folder has other unrelated folders in it [​IMG]
    Hi there! As you can see from the attached photo, my library got messed up somehow. Now the downloads folder has all the other folders in it, although they exit outside as well. And some programs like Utorrent find another default downloads folder : /// Is there a way to reset all this? Thanks in advance!

:)

orhansumen, Mar 7, 2016
  2. RyBabb Win User

Folder says access denied. Folder's security properties are also blocked from seeing or editing. Fix?

I've found others with the same problem, no solutions. This has happened on my second computer with a different folder, unrelated to steam.

RyBabb, Mar 7, 2016
  3. auggy Win User
    COM Surrogate has stopped working Windows 10

That may be unrelated to the COM Surrogate issue.

Can you check this folder:

C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports

Are there .dmp files in that folder?

auggy, Mar 7, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Download Folder has other unrelated folders in it

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

If you have set up restore points for your PC you should be able to restore back to an earlier point in time before the folders were changed.
    System Restore Windows 10

If you do not have restore points set (make sure you do in future) then you can try and manual reset the folders by right clicking on them, select Properties and go to the Location tab where you can Restore Default.

philc43, Mar 7, 2016
  5. Thank you, turns out the downloads folder location was set to D:// where all the libraries are. Never did a restore point so will do it now thanks!

orhansumen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Download Folder has other unrelated folders in it

1. Download Folder has other unrelated folders in it - Similar Threads - Download Folder has

2. Download folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download folder has disappeared: HiSo I was trying to back up my Downloads folder to Onedrive and I can across the post below:"You cant add a folder to OneDrive Sync that is not in your OneDrive folder. In order to sync your Documents etc, windows moves these folders from...
  3. Download folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download folder has disappeared: HiSo I was trying to back up my Downloads folder to Onedrive and I can across the post below:"You cant add a folder to OneDrive Sync that is not in your OneDrive folder. In order to sync your Documents etc, windows moves these folders from...
  4. Download folder has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. DOWNLOAD folder has dissappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DOWNLOAD folder has dissappeared.: I noticed today that I no longer have a DOWNLOAD folder. No idea how long it has been this way. How to I get this restored. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-folder-has-dissappeared/65f6e1fb-4fdf-446e-b109-649af612c2a4
  6. DOWNLOAD folder has dissappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOWNLOAD folder has dissappeared.: I noticed today that I no longer have a DOWNLOAD folder. No idea how long it has been this way. How to I get this restored. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-folder-has-dissappeared/65f6e1fb-4fdf-446e-b109-649af612c2a4
  7. downloads folder has disappeared

downloads folder has disappeared: how to get it back? i need very basic instructions. the instructions i found includ find c/user/my name and i don't know how to find that! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-folder-has-disappeared/780a894b-cfb2-4cba-a24a-4345efe38f8a"
  8. Folders inside other Folders

Folders inside other Folders: How does that happen? and How can it be separated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-inside-other-folders/2dd6bc93-3141-4995-b5f5-b60d42476b89"
  9. documents downloads and other folders missing from home folder in This PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    documents downloads and other folders missing from home folder in This PC: When I open File Explorer and go to my home folder, I do not see many folders like Documents, Downloads, Music, Video, etc... The folders do exist -- like if I go to C:\Users\nacho\Downloads but they do not show in the home folder view. I've followed many online articles...
  10. Downloads Folder has no location tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads Folder has no location tab: I have a very strange situation here. Under C: users my downloads folder has no location tab. I have moved desktop, music, pictures, videos to another drive (E*Smile. Whats happening is I have a downloads folder and videos folder under this pc. Problem is that they both say...