Windows 10: Download/Install button missing in Windows Store

Discus and support Download/Install button missing in Windows Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This problem was brought up a couple of years ago, and apparently resolve in a Windows update. However, I just picked up a new HP notebook yesterday.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JeffL, Nov 24, 2017.

1. JeffL Win User

Download/Install button missing in Windows Store

This problem was brought up a couple of years ago, and apparently resolve in a Windows update. However, I just picked up a new HP notebook yesterday. After spending the day scratching the surface on installing software, I went to the Windows Store, and found that the download (or Get)/Install buttons were not there. I have two other Windows 10 computers, one with Win 10 1703, and one with 1709. The store is fine on both of them. The new one is on 1703.

I've tried previously posted suggestion, wsreset, troubleshooter, checking the date and time, and non of those work.

Help!

:)

JeffL, Nov 24, 2017

2. missing download button in microsoft store

Hi,

To address your concern, kindly run the troubleshooter for
    Windows apps

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Nov 24, 2017
  3. missing download button in microsoft store

Recently I bought a dell inspiron 15-5000 series laptop, and I tried to download saavn but no download button was displayed in my store. I tried more than three times but button is not appearing.

nadimiti sita ramasastry, Nov 24, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 24, 2017
  5. JeffL Win User
    The Get Updates button updates apps that are already installed. I'm set up for automatic updates, but I pressed it anyway just because you suggested it. My problem is the missing Get - Install - Launch button.

JeffL, Nov 24, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 25, 2017
  7. JeffL Win User
    There is a tech at Microsoft remotely working on it as I type. I'll let you know what happens. I'm kind of thinking that an update to 1709 might work, but I'm holding off on that.

JeffL, Nov 25, 2017
  8. JeffL Win User

Well, he just started the 1709 update. I put that on my tablet last week, and it ran for hours. He's got me on mute, so I can't say anything.

JeffL, Nov 25, 2017
  9. JeffL Win User
    He said he couldn't stay on the line while this thing ran all night. He thinks it will work, and I think it has a chance, so we'll see. I'll get back to you.

JeffL, Nov 25, 2017
  10. JeffL Win User
    The update just completed. I'm on 1709 now, but no joy with the Store problem. It's the same :-(

JeffL, Nov 25, 2017
  11. CountMike New Member
    Are you signed in with an MS account ?

CountMike, Nov 25, 2017
  12. JeffL Win User
    I'm on the phone with another tech right now. He set up another account, and it worked *Smile He said my profile on the account on this * pc was corrupted (or something like that). He's in the process of moving all my stuff to the new account.

* By this pc, I meant the notebook with the problem, not the desktop I using for this messsage *Wink

JeffL, Nov 25, 2017
  13. JeffL Win User

He just finished up. I just have to redo some settings, set the taskbar and desktop back to the way I had it, but the problem is fixed.

JeffL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Download/Install button missing in Windows Store - Similar Threads - Download Install button

2. Install button for games greyed out and missing downloaded games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install button for games greyed out and missing downloaded games.: I just yesterday tried to download a game that's available to me since I have PC gamepass however when I try and download it the download button turns grey and it just doesn't install.As well, I've been missing downloaded games from my apps section for a while now, I have...
  3. Install button for games greyed out and missing downloaded games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install button for games greyed out and missing downloaded games.: I just yesterday tried to download a game that's available to me since I have PC gamepass however when I try and download it the download button turns grey and it just doesn't install.As well, I've been missing downloaded games from my apps section for a while now, I have...
  4. Windows store Stuck at loading the download/install button

Windows store Stuck at loading the download/install button: it keeps loading the download button. i waited 2 - 3 hours but it does not load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-stuck-at-loading-the-downloadinstall/c87a2eef-1f53-4962-9067-98a5fc284c24
  5. Windows store Stuck at loading the download/install button

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store Stuck at loading the download/install button: it keeps loading the download button. i waited 2 - 3 hours but it does not load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-stuck-at-loading-the-downloadinstall/c87a2eef-1f53-4962-9067-98a5fc284c24
  6. Windows store Stuck at loading the download/install button

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Minecraft Install Button is missing.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Install Button is missing.: On my PC the Store says that I've purcharsed Minecraft, but there is no install button. [ATTACH] When I click on Minecraft I get an option to Install on my devices. [ATTACH] Clicking on Install on my devices only shows my xbox's. [ATTACH] How can I get it to...
  8. No Install button on Windows Store

No Install button on Windows Store: Hi all, So I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and I can't seem to install any apps from the store, there is no Install button? I click on an app(facebook for example), the facebook app page loads but no Install button appears. Also the blue loading dots just keep spinning....
  9. No Download button on windows store apps

No Download button on windows store apps: hello. I just wanted to download a game, which is new. Asphalt Xtreme. So when I went to the store, opened up the game page and I didn't saw a download button. The other day the button was there. But today when I wanted to download an other app, there was no download or...
  10. No install button in Windows 10 store

No install button in Windows 10 store: I've installed windows 10 a few days ago but when I go to the store app. there is no install button showing. I've tried the wsreset.exe as some people have suggested on other sites but nothing has changed. Has anybody else come across this problem and hopefully solved it? 11334