Windows 10: Download Offline Maps in Windows 10

Discus and support Download Offline Maps in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Download Offline Maps in Windows 10 How to Download Offline Maps in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with the Maps app preinstalled. Maps is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by SaggyMaggyPoo, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Download Offline Maps in Windows 10

How to: Download Offline Maps in Windows 10

How to Download Offline Maps in Windows 10

Windows 10 comes with the Maps app preinstalled. Maps is your guide to everywhere. Find your way with voice navigation and turn-by-turn driving, transit, and walking directions. Search for places to get directions, business info, and reviews. Download maps to use when youre offline. Tour the world virtually with aerial imagery and 360 degree street-level views. Plus, you get the same experience across all your Windows 10 PCs and phones.

If you would like to search for places and get directions in the Maps app even when you are not connected to the Internet, you should download maps for offline use.

This tutorial will show you how to download offline maps for all users to have available with the Maps app when offline in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (Settings) or step 3 (Maps app) for how you would like to download offline maps.

2. To Download Offline Maps from Settings
    A) Open step 4 below.

3. To Download Offline Maps from Maps app
    A) Open the Maps app.
    B) Click/tap on the See more
    Download Offline Maps in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    button at the top right corner, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

C) Click/tap on the Choose maps button under Offline maps, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Offline maps on the left side, and click/tap on Download maps on the right side. (see screenshot below)

5. Select the regions for the map you want to download. (see screenshots below)

6. When finished downloading, the offline map (ex: Oklahoma, USA) will be listed under Maps for all users on the PC. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

SaggyMaggyPoo, Jun 14, 2017
  2. Byu2 Win User

windows 10 mobile offline navigation

what is best offline navigation for windows 10 mobile? not maps. I know windows 10 and mobile can download maps and navigate the maps offline but not turn by turn navigation. I want to know which apps has offline turn by turn navigation use windows offline
    maps or download maps?

any suggestions?

3. Windows 10 mobile

I have downloaded 3 maps for offline use on a new Lumia 650 running Windows 10. The maps can be found under the Settings, Maps, Offline maps but it is impossible to open a selected map. The only option is to delete a map or download a new one. If the
    map tab on the opening screen is used, it seems to randomly open the world map or one of the offline maps that I saved as a favorite. There is no listing of downloaded offline maps so that a selected one could be chosen. How can such downloaded maps be accessed.
    The online help gives many examples of how to download maps but nothing on how to open a selected map after downloading. In comparison, opening a selected downloaded offline map in my Samsung Android tablet is very simple. Thanks for any help.

Frustrated 2 much, Jun 14, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Download Offline Maps in Windows 10

Hello Maggi, *Smile

There's currently no way to change the location that the Maps app shows for your current location, it is based on whatever information is available for your PC. For PC's without GPS or a WiFi adapter, results are obtained using your IP address. Using this technique the results can vary widely in accuracy and can sometimes be incorrect.

The Maps apps should still be able to use all offline maps you downloaded, so you should be able to search within them.

Brink, Jun 14, 2017
  5. Hi Shawn,

It looks like my issue was related to Location. I was trying to use offline maps as a portable road atlas. My Location was set to 'Off' as I did not want (or need) the app to do anything other than find places for me.

But it seems the app doesn't like to work without Location set to 'On', as I just tried switching the setting and I can switch between maps now.

I just wish the developers would realise that not everyone wants everything made simple and to have decisions made for them. Some of us still like to use our brains and work things out for ourselves.

Thanks,

Maggi

SaggyMaggyPoo, Jun 15, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Location would help for the starting point, but you should still be able to search your downloaded maps offline.

I'm glad you got it sorted though. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Download Offline Maps in Windows 10

1. Download Offline Maps in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Download Offline Maps

2. Windows 10 offline map download extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 offline map download extremely slow: Hi! I wanted to download the offline map data on windows onto my laptop. The file is apparently 671MB. I have a 135mbps download speed on my internet. I am still waiting for it to download after 90 minutes! This question asked in 2020 and the answer given was that the...
  3. Windows 10 offline map download extremely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 offline map download extremely slow: Hi! I wanted to download the offline map data on windows onto my laptop. The file is apparently 671MB. I have a 135mbps download speed on my internet. I am still waiting for it to download after 90 minutes! This question asked in 2020 and the answer given was that the...
  4. Offline maps download unbearably slow!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Offline maps download unbearably slow!!!: Microsoft using dial-up for this function?Try it yourself before you ask me any questions. Region USA/Missouri. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-maps-download-unbearably-slow/6ee1a581-c19b-4f2b-9232-9fe63cc60548
  5. Windows 10 offline map download extremely slow

Windows 10 offline map download extremely slow: Greetings, I had posted this problem once before on my windows feedback hub, but I just posted few minutes ago, answers were 1 month ago, that was really weird, I didnt know what happened so I post again at here. Im trying to download some offline maps in settings, it...
  6. Offline Maps keeps downloading maps that are already downloaded

Offline Maps keeps downloading maps that are already downloaded: Hi I have downloaded a quite a number of offline maps, however if I reduce the the offline maps window to the taskbar or closed the window and then opened it again it starts downloading all my maps again. They all show "waiting to download" while it downloads the first map...
  7. unable to download offline maps

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to download offline maps: I faced an issue with downloading offline maps. I go to the Settings then find Apps and Download maps. But then the system requires that I delete maps because there is an issue there....
  8. download offline maps?

download offline maps?: I cannot download offlinemaps. I go to settings>apps> download maps and am told there is a problem and I have to delete maps, click to delete maps, info changes so that I can click download maps but the Download Maps has a heading but nothing to chose?...
  9. offline maps in windows 10

offline maps in windows 10: what is the reason that Pakistan map isn't listed in the offline maps of windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-maps-in-windows-10/98c2fac6-99c8-4693-aeb1-d49aa460ce6d
  10. Pakistan Map in offline download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pakistan Map in offline download: why there is no Pakistan map in offline download. Bangladesh, India maps are available but not Pakistan now that racist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pakistan-map-in-offline-download/645d5c5c-a257-4037-b757-fd4e7492bb48