Windows 10: Download option to use other local computers...

Discus and support Download option to use other local computers... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; It looks like the option to use other online or local computers to download Windows Updates has finally kicked in. The download of 10130 on my first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Saltgrass, May 29, 2015.

1. Saltgrass Win User

Download option to use other local computers...

It looks like the option to use other online or local computers to download Windows Updates has finally kicked in. The download of 10130 on my first system proceeded at about 12-14 Mbps.

After the first system completed its download, I started the second system. It showed a download of 36.6 Mbps even while my Internet speed is 15 Mbps. Since the first system was showing a 19 Mbps UPLOAD rate, I have to assume the second system was using the first system to get the download.

I didn't take long at 36.6 Mbps to download the 10130 build.. *Smile

:)

Saltgrass, May 29, 2015
  2. Saltgrass Win User

How to use downloaded update file on other PC

There is an option in the Update settings as to how you receive updates. The two options are
    from other computers on your local network and your local network plus internet systems.

I was downloading the update on my third system yesterday with two other local already updated systems running on the network. I had
    use only my network systems checked and the download speed was its normal 61 Mbps.

When I checked the use local plus internet systems the download speed went immediately to 200 Mbps.

Whether the speed increase was because of internet systems or because the first option was not really allowing my local systems to be used, I don't know for sure.

Saltgrass, May 29, 2015
  3. deeppow2 Win User
    Cannot access other computers on local network

Thanks Sarah, appreciate the suggestion but I don't want to save on the cloud.

deeppow2, May 29, 2015
Thema:

Download option to use other local computers...

1. Download option to use other local computers... - Similar Threads - Download option local

2. Unable to download please try Reset this pc using the local reinstall option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download please try Reset this pc using the local reinstall option: Unable to download please try Reset this pc using the local reinstall option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-please-try-reset-this-pc-using/bbfce3f2-f2f9-4930-ade7-401d635648e4
  3. Unable to download please try Reset this pc using the local reinstall option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download please try Reset this pc using the local reinstall option: Unable to download please try Reset this pc using the local reinstall option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-please-try-reset-this-pc-using/bbfce3f2-f2f9-4930-ade7-401d635648e4
  4. Unable to download please try Reset this pc using the local reinstall option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to use local users and groups option in computer maanagement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use local users and groups option in computer maanagement: I want local users and groups in computer management .I tried in so many ways but i cant find that option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-local-users-and-groups-option-in/2b037020-6a22-4275-b38b-e903b552764e
  6. How to use local users and groups option in computer maanagement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use local users and groups option in computer maanagement: I want local users and groups in computer management .I tried in so many ways but i cant find that option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-local-users-and-groups-option-in/2b037020-6a22-4275-b38b-e903b552764e
  7. Connecting two computers running WIndows 10 to each other using local router.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting two computers running WIndows 10 to each other using local router.: A desktop and a laptop both running Windows 10 show up as connected to my Jetpack router but I can't get them to comunicate with each other. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-two-computers-running-windows-10-to/1a5f6751-8273-4c3b-b9fd-cd2e4e87f6df
  8. Should I allow my computer to download updates from other computers on my local network...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I allow my computer to download updates from other computers on my local network...: I do not thoroughly understand what this does because I always thought the updates came from Microsoft servers. Also, if I should do one of these how will it affect my internet speed? The reason I have "Allow downloads from other PCs" currently turned off is that my internet...
  9. Cannot access other computers in my local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access other computers in my local network: Our home network computers have windows 10. Problem is I cannot access to the network computer. Error code: 0x80070035 This error has happened since two days ago. I can access the network computer thru IP address. But I cannot access thru the computer name in the file...
  10. Edge will not download other browser options correctly .

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not download other browser options correctly .: Every time I try to download other browsers "Edge" comes back with a message "it couldn't be downloaded" and then when I retry I often get incomplete results with an "htm" on the end. Any ideas Thanks 23414