Windows 10: Download program for CDs

Discus and support Download program for CDs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What is a good program to DL to play music CDs with? I already have VLC to use for videos. 69359 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Amadeus51, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Amadeus51 Win User

Download program for CDs

What is a good program to DL to play music CDs with? I already have VLC to use for videos.

:)

Amadeus51, Nov 8, 2016

2. downloading a program from a cd

What happens if you click Start > File Explorer > This PC > open the disc, right click setup then click Run as administrator?

Do you mine telling us the name and version of the program?

Is the program designed for an earlier version of Windows; if so, which version?

Andre Da Costa, Nov 8, 2016
  3. jpccoach Win User
    downloading a program from a cd

I cannot install a program from a cd into my laptop running windows 10. The cd does not automatically start when placed into the cd drive. I checked my auto play settings and they are on. What am I doing wrong?

jpccoach, Nov 8, 2016
  4. mike s Win User

Download program for CDs

VLC is just fine for playing audio CD's as well as data CD's containing MP3's; and since you already have it....

I also like Media Player Classic HomeCinema (MPC-HC) for both audio and video; it is lighter weight and works most of the time.

A lot of people also like Foobar2000 for audio.

mike s, Nov 8, 2016
  5. Amadeus51 Win User
    Okay, thanks. I just bought a new CD and am anxious to hear it. I'll check out the others as well. I DL a lot of youtube videos when I had Win7. Most of those were on VLC, so I pretty much had to have that program to use them.

Amadeus51, Nov 9, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    What's wrong with Groove Music or the standard Windows Media Player?

Steve C, Nov 10, 2016
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

If you can find it still WINAMP is excellent -shows tracks / artists etc too and first class CD ripping program too. It's discontinued but still a first class program.

For ripping connects to Gracenote to get track info--still the best music DB for track info - especially for Classical music which the more popular DB's don't cover very well.

Google for it - I'm sure there's archives still around -- works fine in W10 - I use it regularly for music --plays FLAC as well. Also plays those "funny mp3 CD's" if you have any or made any of those.

There's a PRO version but the only advantage that gives is it rips faster. The Freebie is fine for what you want.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 10, 2016
  8. Amadeus51 Win User

Download program for CDs

Thanks for the info. I seldom DL music except as videos, but I'll make a note of the site.

Amadeus51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Download program for CDs

1. Download program for CDs - Similar Threads - Download program CDs

2. Audio CDs not working but data CDs work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio CDs not working but data CDs work.: I open mycomputer and I see the C drive and see the CD drive and it shows its an audio CD, when I dbl click the CD drive I get this error "windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. thank you so...
  3. cds

cds: Hi I was just wondering. how can I make a cd back to when I first insert it to choose if it is like a usb or like a cd/DVD thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cds/3f3e5c97-7628-4f37-be87-79c80c34bd6b
  4. CDs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CDs: I have a dell 65XXI forgetlaptop Gotwindows10 several weeks ago Do not look at or listen to CDs often… cannot now see or hear any CD Device manager shows a dvd someting drive that says it is working properly I do not know if that is the same as an optical disk drive...
  5. CDs will not play

CDs will not play: I have a Sony Vaio SVS131112 laptop with built-in CD/DVD drive (Matshita DVD-RAM UJ8A7AS), which no longer works. Discs are accepted, device check says drive is functioning properly, autoplay on, but disc does not appear in Windows Media Player. Running Windows 10, upgraded...
  6. cds

cds: when I insert a cd video from a vacation I was on......how do I view it? i'm only able to hear it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cds/801d30e1-facf-49ab-bf2b-512cb527aa27
  7. Burning CDs

Burning CDs: Hi Everyone. I was having difficulty burning my own recorded mp3's last year. I updated the playlist and used a writable cd and it finally worked...the whole 13 tracks burned to disc with Windows media Player. Fast forward a year I am wanting to burn another 13 tracks...
  8. ripping CDs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ripping CDs: How do I rip CDs PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-cds/ebe073be-7d41-4204-91cb-8e3d936496e9
  9. Program downloading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program downloading: Hello, I cannot download any of programs from Internet to PC. GoogleChrome, just block download. With message "File download is blocked by the security settings of your computer." Internet Explorer and Edge download. But Windows not starting program....
  10. burn cds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    burn cds: how to burn cds when windows cannot find file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-cds/7a3a7367-2c9f-473a-8e8c-51a3a78d0da8"