Windows 10: Download Speed

Discus and support Download Speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have three computer connect to the internet using a Router. When I was downloading Windows 10 insider preview one Computer may internet speed on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fred0843, Nov 1, 2015.

1. fred0843 Win User

Download Speed

I have three computer connect to the internet using a Router.
    When I was downloading Windows 10 insider preview one Computer may internet speed on the other two Computer slowed to 60% of what I normal get. Is this normal ?

:)

fred0843, Nov 1, 2015
  2. WebGrafix Win User

Download Speeds

Thanks for your replies: I did that check and it shows 72mbs: I also did a speed check for the following result

Download speed 4.24mbps Upload speed .99mbps: Not being a techie I have no idea how this data relates to my problem;

My WiFi is a high speed connection as part of a home network: The other devices using the network including my old laptop using windows vista downloads files at the usual good speed as my new laptop with windows 10 did too for the first 10 days until suddenly
    there was hardy any download speed at all and it now slowly drops to zero and the download fails every time I try to download something;

I use Firefox and just tried to download the new software file I have purchased again and the download speed is showing at
    only17kbs which will take 24 hours to download the file: As I mentioned in my question my first 10 days using this new laptop with windows 10 were perfect, downloading was fast and then for no reason that I can fathom: This
    sized file would have downloaded in about 5 minutes.

I also notice that I am shown as being part of a public network when I am on a private home network-Is that right? Shouldn't it show as a private network? So I don't know what to do really - I am seeing adapter issues, wi fi issues, network
    issues on this thread all associated with windows10.

My new system worked fine to start, all other devices on the network are downloading with speed, I have checked and restarted the router-(the usual fix when the wi fi faltered previously) I just can't understand why this issue should just start out of the
    blue after working correctly initially.

Thanks for the replies and hopefully some indication of what has caused this problem to start and how I might get them fixed: At times like this I wish I was a bit more techie aware.

WebGrafix, Nov 1, 2015
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Download speed

Hello Glenn,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What's your allocated bandwidth?
    • Which browser are you using when downloading?
    • Have you tried using different browsers? Are you experiencing the same issue?
    • Are you using wire or wireless modem?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Nov 1, 2015
  4. Download Speed

Why of course it is! You can only have so much internet pass though your connection. Downloading a large file is going to saturate the link and take up bandwidth from the other users.

logicearth, Nov 1, 2015
Thema:

Download Speed

1. Download Speed - Similar Threads - Download Speed

2. My download speed has been limited even though I am using ethernet and isn't effecting others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My download speed has been limited even though I am using ethernet and isn't effecting others.: Hi,I recently started using ethernet and find my download speed is limited to 11.5mbs. I know this is a low slower as my wife is using wifi and getting 90mbs. My wifi speed is even slower as well. reaching 9mbpsIm using steam to testing actual download speeds as my speedtest...
  3. My download speed has been limited even though I am using ethernet and isn't effecting others.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My download speed has been limited even though I am using ethernet and isn't effecting others.: Hi,I recently started using ethernet and find my download speed is limited to 11.5mbs. I know this is a low slower as my wife is using wifi and getting 90mbs. My wifi speed is even slower as well. reaching 9mbpsIm using steam to testing actual download speeds as my speedtest...
  4. My download speed has been limited even though I am using ethernet and isn't effecting others.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft download speed unreasonably slow

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft download speed unreasonably slow: Ever since I paid for a subscription to xbox game pass and then cancelled it, my Microsoft store and xbox app has been dealing with some kind of bug. Microsoft store has insanely slow download speed. Like single digit kbps. I have high speed internet 300 mbps and no other...
  6. Microsoft download speed unreasonably slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft download speed unreasonably slow: Ever since I paid for a subscription to xbox game pass and then cancelled it, my Microsoft store and xbox app has been dealing with some kind of bug. Microsoft store has insanely slow download speed. Like single digit kbps. I have high speed internet 300 mbps and no other...
  7. Microsoft download speed unreasonably slow

8. Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth: Hi,I am currently experiencing issues with download speeds on my desktop. Internet speeds have been a problem for quite some time now, and I figured it was due to my PC being connected via WI-FI. However, today I took the effort to run ethernet to my room, but download speeds...
  9. Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth

Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth: Hi,I am currently experiencing issues with download speeds on my desktop. Internet speeds have been a problem for quite some time now, and I figured it was due to my PC being connected via WI-FI. However, today I took the effort to run ethernet to my room, but download speeds...
  10. Slow download speed, for some reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow download speed, for some reason: Okay, I'm sure this is asked a lot on this forum considering the space. This is a very random, and sudden issue. When previously I had zero issues with the download throughput.However, I feel like I've tried everything and gotten nowhere.Here's my home setup:Realtek Gaming...