Windows 10: Download speeds in browser is slow

Discus and support Download speeds in browser is slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't know how better to title my post, but download speeds in any browser on my main PC are very slow. First off, my specs: HP Envy 700-059cb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Infinitrium, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Download speeds in browser is slow

I don't know how better to title my post, but download speeds in any browser on my main PC are very slow. First off, my specs:

HP Envy 700-059cb
    Windows 10 (whatever the latest version is for inside preview)
    8gb ram
    i7 4770

My home network is powered by a Rogers Ignite dual-band wifi modem/router on a 70mb hybrid fiber internet connection. When I connect my desktop PC (the one listed in the specs) to my 5ghz wifi network and run a speed test at speedtest.net, my system usually only gets around 27mb per second. This is less than half of what I feel it should be getting. For example, my little Lenovo Yoga 2 11 also running Windows 10 insider preview when connected to my 2.4ghz network will get roughly 43-45 mb per second while in the same room as my desktop PC. I also have 2 Android devices both connected to the 2.4ghz network which also get around 45mb per second at speedtest. For clarity, when I connect my desktop PC to the 2.4ghz network and do a test on speedtest, my rated download speed drops to less than 20 mb per second. This issue started early in the year and I've been struggling to find a solution since then. I've tried different configurations in the modem/router, different drivers, turning firewall off and on, none of which has helped. Strangely, when I download large well-seeded torrents, my desktop PC will max out at about 8.5-9 MB (megabytes) per second, which is about 70-75 mb (megabits) per second, right around the limit of my internet connection which to me indicates my slow download speeds in browsers isn't a systemwide problem. I've run out of things I can think of to check to solve my problem, can anyone here help me?

:)

Infinitrium, Jul 14, 2016

2. Edge browser slow internet download speeds compared to other browsers. (speedtest)

I have been having slow internet speeds when using the Edge browser. Speedtest.net
    confirms issue with Edge. See the screenshots. Other browsers like Chrome, gives me full download speeds, but Edge speeds are very slow.

I have Win10 with Anniversary Update and latest windows updates applied.

Win 10 Pro build 14393.187

Anyone else see this issue and is there a fix for Edge browser?

Edge Browser

Download speeds in browser is slow [​IMG]

Chrome browser

Download speeds in browser is slow [​IMG]

Warped Trekker, Jul 14, 2016
  3. Edge browser slow internet download speeds compared to other browsers. (speedtest)

We appreciate your feedback on this. We'll investigate further regarding the HTML5 issue, rest assured that this will be forwarded to our Support Engineers.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Jul 14, 2016
Thema:

Download speeds in browser is slow

1. Download speeds in browser is slow - Similar Threads - Download speeds browser

2. browser download speed slow problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    browser download speed slow problem: im having problems with my wifi or browser but the browser download is very slow i tried downloading at my phone and the download speed is fine but in the pc i only get around 50KB/s...
  3. browser download speed slow problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    browser download speed slow problem: im having problems with my wifi or browser but the browser download is very slow i tried downloading at my phone and the download speed is fine but in the pc i only get around 50KB/s...
  4. browser download speed slow problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Browser download speeds slow compared to other downloads

Browser download speeds slow compared to other downloads: Been trying to download a file, but only getting download speeds of around 50 KB/s. On the same network ive had downloads speeds of around 80 Mb/s. I've tried ethernet and wifi but the speed is the same, also tried downloading different things but they all still get a similar...
  6. Slow download speeds on all browsers i use

Slow download speeds on all browsers i use: Hello, my download speeds have been really slow on all browsers and download managers.The speed drops from 5mb/s to 200kb/s every time.Even downloading a simple image is a hustle.Can anyone help?...
  7. Slow download speed on any browser

Slow download speed on any browser: I don't know why, maybe a recent update but my download speed on browsers I tried Edge, Firefox and Chrome has recently declined to about 400kb/s, when before I had about 15mb/s, which I still do with game providers such as Steam or Origin.This the download speed on...
  8. very slow download speed in browser only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    very slow download speed in browser only: Hello, I did a clean install of windows 10 pro 1909 after clean installing i am getting very slow download speed in browser only Steam, epic store, microsoft store works fine. My pc specs are amd a6-6400k, msi gt 710, 8gb ddr3 ram 1333 mhz. I have 40 mbps download and 20...
  9. Slow download speeds on ANY browser!

Slow download speeds on ANY browser!: Hello guys. I have a problem with the internet speed of my browser (Chrome). I tried also Firefox, Edge. Opera and still the same. I have tried everthing. I checked my addons, i have updated to the latest driver version etc. My speeds are Ping: 16ms Download: 45.29 Upload...
  10. Slow download speeds on any browser

Slow download speeds on any browser: Hello. I have noticed in my last 2 windows 10 laptops that in any browser I download the download speeds do not rise above 500 kb / s. Steam reaches 2.0+ mb / s. Does anyone know what is happening? Anyone else had this problem? Im trying to fix this issue 1 month now. Thank...