Windows 10: Downloaded a malware-not on Uninstall list

Discus and support Downloaded a malware-not on Uninstall list in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I guess I downloaded a malware software. It is not on the Uninstall list. Also, MBAM detected some malwares and removed it after... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mibaup, Dec 4, 2015.

1. mibaup Win User

Downloaded a malware-not on Uninstall list

Hello,

I guess I downloaded a malware software.
    It is not on the Uninstall list.
    Also, MBAM detected some malwares and removed it after installation, but now I can't remove the software.

What can I do?

*Update: I tried a software named "Revo Uninstaller" and used an option called "Force Uninstall", it did remove it and all the leftovers, but now the software folder appears on the "All Apps" in start menu.
    Is there a way to remove that from there as well? Because there is no option to right click on it and click remove.

Thanks

:)

mibaup, Dec 4, 2015

2. Message that Windows Defender is not switched on. Defender says it is on.

Avast might have been bundled with a CCleaner update/download....

Suggestion to uninstall Avast and also use their respective removal tool from this

List of anti-malware product removal tools

Jsssssssss, Dec 4, 2015
  3. quietman7 - MVP, Dec 4, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    If you enable "show hidden files", you can navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and delete folders that way.

simrick, Dec 4, 2015
  5. Hi:

In addition to @simrick's excellent advice...

Without seeing the logs from MBAM, it's hard to know for sure what the malware bug was/is and how best to remove it.

Some PUPs and especially many types of actual malware require more than just a simple "uninstall" for full removal and cleanup, as explained here: The complexity of finding, preventing, and cleanup from malware
    Moreover, lack of symptoms does not necessarily mean you are clean.

You might want to get a bit of free, expert guidance from trained malware helpers at any of several reputable computer disinfection fora, such as bleepingcomputer.com or forums.malwarebytes.org (to name just a few).
    The helpers there will know the correct sequence of the correct tools to run to be sure you really are clean.

Hope this helps,

MoxieMomma, Dec 4, 2015
  6. mibaup Win User
    Thank you,
    after a quick refresh it also disappeared from the "All apps" list.
    I did a deep scan with MBAM (rootkits, and all the other check-able options) and now it found nothing again.
    hope that's enough.
    Otherwise I'll just fresh install my Windows 10.
    Any links on how to do that here *Smile? I mean Windows 10 has no physical media, it updated directly from Windows 8.1

mibaup, Dec 4, 2015
  7. simrick Win User
    You can grab the ISO here:
    Tech Bench

simrick, Dec 4, 2015
  8. Borg 386 Win User

Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Downloaded a malware-not on Uninstall list - Similar Threads - Downloaded malware Uninstall

2. How to uninstall a Program not listed in File Explorer uninstall list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall a Program not listed in File Explorer uninstall list: I wanted to try Firefox browser, but when I installed it, for some reason two browsers were installed. Two Firefox were listed in the Start Menu, so I uninstalled one of them. Now I have decided not to use Firefox so I want to uninstall the second version but it is not listed...
  3. How to uninstall a Program not listed in File Explorer uninstall list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall a Program not listed in File Explorer uninstall list: I wanted to try Firefox browser, but when I installed it, for some reason two browsers were installed. Two Firefox were listed in the Start Menu, so I uninstalled one of them. Now I have decided not to use Firefox so I want to uninstall the second version but it is not listed...
  4. How to uninstall a Program not listed in File Explorer uninstall list

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Uninstall link to windows malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall link to windows malware: My Samsung says link to windows is malware and is interfering with my phone. I have tried several times to uninstall but it won't uninstall. Fancy having an app that conflicts with the product it's meant to improve. I don't understand why Microsoft and Samsung haven't...
  6. Game not listed in uninstall apps list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game not listed in uninstall apps list: I am trying to free up disk space and uninstall PC games . None of the 2 installed Games are listed in the uninstall app. What can I do ? Is it safe to just delete the file folders ?...
  7. uninstall malware

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall malware: I am trying to uninstall a program Driver Tonic that I did not install. I have seen that it might be malware. When I try to uninstall it I get a message that this app has been blocked by an administrator. It seems this is something in Win 10. Anyone know how to work...
  8. uninstall list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall list: I'm attemtpting to uninstall certain programs from my pc, but they arent showing in my unistall programs list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-list/48fab352-b305-4ef5-8172-1298a61d2c4f"
  9. malware uninstall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malware uninstall: Spyhunter 4.0 will not allow uninstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malware-uninstall/a1943174-fd47-47d3-9d7f-ae850154d7c2
  10. List of apps to uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    List of apps to uninstall: Hi, I wanted to remove some programs form the Remove Programs list (because I have already deleted them manually, including the uninstall.exe file), so I followed your guide...