Windows 10: Downloaded Maps Manager - stopped working.

Discus and support Downloaded Maps Manager - stopped working. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; In the Reliability Monitor I find 6 'Critical Events' detailed as "Downloaded Maps Manager - stopped working". These events occurred on separate days.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Yorky, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Yorky Win User

Downloaded Maps Manager - stopped working.

In the Reliability Monitor I find 6 'Critical Events' detailed as "Downloaded Maps Manager - stopped working". These events occurred on separate days. Can anyone suggest the cause please.
    Also in Settings/Updates there is the tick box option to "Download updates for other Microsoft Products" . Any suggestions on ticking or unticking this option please. Would ticking it perhaps result in unwanted extras?
    Thank you.

:)

Yorky, Sep 11, 2015

2. Suggestion: Download from Ovi Suite

I've a suggestion about how Ovi Suite should manage the downloads, especially for the maps. Really often happen that the download stop working while updating the maps with the error impossible to connect with the service. For instance: i've 4 maps installed
    on my device and ovi suite, after update the first map and download about 60% of the second map, give me a error about the connection with the service. So i must restart the update operation but ovi suite don't take in consideration the map already updated
    and the 60% of the second map already downloaded, it restart all the downloads and so also the first maps. It is really frustrating, so why don't introduce some sort of resume/recovery mechanism (manually or automatically)?

SuperG---01, Sep 11, 2015
  3. MartinXE Win User
    Maps on Nokia E52 not visible

Hello,

My Nokia E52 has been working flawlessly but recently the Maps app stopped working – instead of a map with streets/cities there is just a white field on the screen with no info at all.

It seems that the device is trying to - unsuccessfully - download maps from the server.

The GPS works fine so it´s not a problem with locating the phone.

And I cannot use Nokia Suite for downloading the offline maps – the app says that the map server is not accessible.

Does it all mean that Nokia stopped supporting Maps features for E52?

MartinXE, Sep 11, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Yorky, *Smile

"Download updates for other Microsoft Products" would be to get updates for any Microsoft software (ex: Office) you installed or hardware (ex: drivers) via Windows Updates.

Brink, Sep 11, 2015
  5. Yorky Win User
    Thanks again Brink, received and understood, thank you.

Yorky, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Downloaded Maps Manager - stopped working. - Similar Threads - Downloaded Maps Manager

2. desktop windows manager stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    desktop windows manager stopped working: hi, i have an issuefor this past week while i play a game, a few minutes into the game my monitor would go black but i could still hear the sound and the pc is irresponsive. the fan gets loud and i have to force shut down my pc. i check the reliability history and it would...
  3. Task Manager Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Stopped Working: Can any help me with the crash of Task Manager?I am attaching above "temporary copy of files". Link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq3dgSw3op_Eljo_9_AdNrphwMaa?e=qrjvYSAny help. Thanks....
  4. Task Manager Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Stopped Working: Can any help me with the crash of Task Manager?I am attaching above "temporary copy of files". Link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq3dgSw3op_Eljo_9_AdNrphwMaa?e=qrjvYSAny help. Thanks....
  5. Clock Stops and task manager stops working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clock Stops and task manager stops working: TLDR - The clock in the bottom right of the taskbar stops and when i open task manager nothing is updating, any help? More information: As far as i’m aware this has never happened when i’ve been using the PC, most of the time it’s when i’ve been away for a while, like...
  6. Offline Maps keeps downloading maps that are already downloaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Offline Maps keeps downloading maps that are already downloaded: Hi I have downloaded a quite a number of offline maps, however if I reduce the the offline maps window to the taskbar or closed the window and then opened it again it starts downloading all my maps again. They all show "waiting to download" while it downloads the first map...
  7. maps not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    maps not working: offline Map settings shows: there is a problem with your ofline maps, please restert your computer if it dosnt work you'lle need to delete all your maps. i've tried to delete all my maps, but the same message comes... and i cant download any new maps?...
  8. download offline maps?

download offline maps?: I cannot download offlinemaps. I go to settings>apps> download maps and am told there is a problem and I have to delete maps, click to delete maps, info changes so that I can click download maps but the Download Maps has a heading but nothing to chose?...
  9. Desktop Windows Manager stopped working

Desktop Windows Manager stopped working: What is this & what does it do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-windows-manager-stopped-working/a8aba03a-b98f-4100-b417-972b5861a2eb
  10. BSOD & Downloaded Map Manager.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD & Downloaded Map Manager.: Hi, Fortunately I don't often see the BSOD but when I do it appears to be always for the following reason, namely ' Downloaded Map Manager stopped working' What makes it more puzzling is the fact that I don't have or use the Maps App - so why can this be? Hopefully someone...