Windows 10: Downloaded photos disappeared in Windows 10. How do I recover them?

Discus and support Downloaded photos disappeared in Windows 10. How do I recover them? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had downloaded some photos from Facebook in Windows 10, either in Chrome or Edge in the past three days. However, they are not listed in the download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JoshuaM, Sep 19, 2016.

1. JoshuaM Win User

Downloaded photos disappeared in Windows 10. How do I recover them?

I had downloaded some photos from Facebook in Windows 10, either in Chrome or Edge in the past three days. However, they are not listed in the download history, and are not in the download directory. I find that odd. However, I did know that Windows had shutdown upon updating. There have been no known quarantined files. I do not know how to view Chrome photo cache properly to browse which files they may have been. I remember vaguely some of them. They were not in the edge photo cache. But I remember downloading them. Also, both browsers do not show downloads past a certain date, which is odd. It makes it like there were no downloads, but i had downloaded the images very recently.

:)

JoshuaM, Sep 19, 2016
  2. SC_883 Win User

Downloaded windows 10, lost photos, how do I recover them

Unfortunately, I upgraded last week and lost all my photos as well. I even had the IT techs at my company help me look for them and they are gone! I looked in windows.old and they are not there.

Thanks,

Shannon

SC_883, Sep 19, 2016
  3. Downloaded windows 10, lost photos, how do I recover them

Hello,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to check in recycle bin once. If the photos are accidently deleted.

If you are unable to find the photos in Recycle bin, type the name of the photo or folder in search box and check.

For more information refer the following Microsoft help article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

If the above steps doesn't help, try to perform a system restore and check.

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 19, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

For this very reason is why I use a photo backup service.....once downloaded, they are backed up/saved to the cloud. I use onedrive and google photos backup. This way I have 3 copies...a hard copy on my HDD and 2 cloud backups.

As for your issue....try using Recuva, it's free, it may work for you.

Recuva - Free Data Recovery tool - Free Download

Plankton, Sep 19, 2016
  5. JoshuaM Win User
    recuva's links do not download any executable file, and only a 23 kb file....

JoshuaM, Sep 19, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    EdTittel, Sep 20, 2016
  7. Steve C Win User
    If you can't find recent files you have accessed, make a shortcut to %appdata%\microsoft\windows\recent in the account you used and you should find recent files referenced there.

Steve C, Sep 21, 2016
  8. Downloaded photos disappeared in Windows 10. How do I recover them?

When I download mine they go straight to folders set up in Pictures, also I do back them up in the cloud, also once a week I back up to an external hard drive, also on my phone.

hTconeM9user, Sep 21, 2016
  9. JoshuaM Win User
    when i used the recovery software, i didn't find them. i only found others, that look like photos that i had browsed. i don't see the missing photos. nothing in pictures. only past downloaded photos prior to those photos. it seemed like some from a couple of days disappeared. at this point, i don't know if the downloads were interrupted, or windows 10 erased the history, or what. but i had remembered saving the files for downloading. It was 2-3 images. i have online storage disabled since some people have "read only" issue with onedrive, and i am in the process of fixing my system. i would like to recover those photos, but maybe i can't now.

JoshuaM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Downloaded photos disappeared in Windows 10. How do I recover them? - Similar Threads - Downloaded photos disappeared

2. How do I recover my microsoft account it disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover my microsoft account it disappear: How do I recover my microsoft on my computer it disappear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-my-microsoft-account-it-disappear/c6c16e5d-062a-4120-8bca-5dd46ec8361d
  3. How do I recover previous phones photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover previous phones photos?: My overdrive subscription expired and deleted all my previous phones photos. How do I recover my previous phones photos. I'm not tech savy. Please help, my son's baby pictures were in there. That's the only value to me....
  4. How do I recover previous phones photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover previous phones photos?: My overdrive subscription expired and deleted all my previous phones photos. How do I recover my previous phones photos. I'm not tech savy. Please help, my son's baby pictures were in there. That's the only value to me....
  5. How do I recover previous phones photos?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. How do I recover unsaved notepad files that disappeared?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I recover unsaved notepad files that disappeared?: How do I recover unsaved notepad files that disappeared? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-unsaved-notepad-files-that/631bc6be-5a94-474e-8dff-8001af5b072b
  7. Bluetooth disappeared - How do I reinstall them?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disappeared - How do I reinstall them?: after a windows 10 update the Bluetooth disappeared from my pc. so no Bluetooth. How do I reinstall them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth/730da6c9-86a9-4c87-848f-f0836dc11c45
  8. How do I download photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I download photos: So I have a 2 in one laptop and tablet. Im trying to download pictures from pintrest and such but it won't tell me how I do that. I have only had this thing for 3 days so I'm stil new at it. I would really like some help...
  9. My Microsoft Programs disappeared, how so I recover them? I have Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Microsoft Programs disappeared, how so I recover them? I have Windows 10: My Microsoft Programs disappeared, how do I restore them? I have Windows 10 Version 1803 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/my-microsoft-programs-disappeared-how-so-i-recover/78b6d32c-4c6b-43fd-8eae-228ef2c28e24
  10. My programs (like the Photos app) are being deleted. How do I recover them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My programs (like the Photos app) are being deleted. How do I recover them?: Hello, I've been using Windows 10 with little to no problems for the past few months, until recently. I noticed that when opening the default, Microsoft Photos app, it won't run. It has an error (shown below) when opening it. I looked up why, and was told to use...