Windows 10: Downloaded pictures have green thumbnails

Discus and support Downloaded pictures have green thumbnails in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Almost every picture I've downloaded has green thumbnails. I've tried disabling the automatic blocking of downloaded files, but that didn't work. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GuyInDogSuit, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Downloaded pictures have green thumbnails

Almost every picture I've downloaded has green thumbnails. I've tried disabling the automatic blocking of downloaded files, but that didn't work. I have to open it in Photo Viewer and Save a Copy to get the thumbnail to show up. Windows 10 is freaking annoying sometimes. How do I fix this?

:)

GuyInDogSuit, Aug 9, 2017
  2. RikBrown Win User

check marks or double << appear on pictures in file explorer

A very distracting add on is messing up my picture browsing. When I open a folder containing several pictures all of them have either a large check mark in the bottom left of the thumbnail or a double <<, Thes marks are green and cover a third of the
    thumbnail. How do I get rid of them? It is very annoying.

RikBrown, Aug 9, 2017
  3. garym123 Win User
    Cant download pictures from email to Windows Phone

You can save attached pictures.

Select download pictures, then tap and hold the picture thumbnail and select 'save' or tap 'save all photos'.

garym123, Aug 9, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

Downloaded pictures have green thumbnails

First thing I'd try is to delete the thumbnail cache via Disk Cleanup, restart and let Windows rebuild it.

Downloaded pictures have green thumbnails [​IMG]

mrgeek, Aug 9, 2017
  5. I've done that several times. No dice.

GuyInDogSuit, Aug 9, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    What format are the pictures e.g. .jpg?

Steve C, Aug 9, 2017
  7. pepanee Win User
    Is it possible that you can take a picture of the green thumbnails and post it here real quick? I wanna see if I can find something that could help with that.

pepanee, Aug 10, 2017
  8. Downloaded pictures have green thumbnails

Downloaded pictures have green thumbnails [​IMG]

This is just from one site. I've got images from all over the web that have this issue. Some DO have a thumbnail, while others don't. Videos and other media formats display just fine. It's mainly JPG and PNG images that have this issue. I don't know about any other picture formats as those aren't used often.

GuyInDogSuit, Aug 10, 2017
  9. pepanee Win User
    pepanee, Aug 10, 2017
  10. Steve C Win User
    You might need to do the repair install mentioned in the above post. Check which program you have set under file associations to open those jpg, gif, and png files and ensure the program is set to something conventional like Photos.

Steve C, Aug 10, 2017
  11. It's set to Photos and never been set to anything else.

GuyInDogSuit, Aug 10, 2017
  12. sygnus21 Win User
    WOW! That's.... different *Eek

Never seen that one before, and I have hundreds of images all over the place being a photographer. Anyway from what I've seen here thus far, I agree giving Repair Install a try first - Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials .

A repair install is easier since it doesn't require you to reinstall all your programs and files. That said, as usual, it's always recommend to do a backup before any type of major OS maintenance.

Let us know.

sygnus21, Aug 10, 2017
  13. Downloaded pictures have green thumbnails

Repair install took a while, and was not worth the time and effort. The problem still exists.

GuyInDogSuit, Aug 12, 2017
  14. lehnerus2000, Aug 12, 2017
  15. That's the odd thing, when they're corrupted, the picture only partially loads, if at all. These load fine. And I can "edit" them and save via Photo Editor (I found out I can open the crop menu, then save without actually cropping) and it restores the thumbnail.

You know, I wonder if it's my browser doing it? I'm gonna test that and report back.

GuyInDogSuit, Aug 12, 2017
Thema:

Downloaded pictures have green thumbnails

1. Downloaded pictures have green thumbnails - Similar Threads - Downloaded pictures green

2. Picture Thumbnails Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture Thumbnails Not Showing: so recently i did a soft reset where i keep apps and files and now it wont show any of my thumbnail previews for pictures, i tried the 4 methods from here:4 Methods to Fix Picture Thumbnails Not Showing on Windows 10 minitool.com and also i see a red x next to most of my...
  3. My picture thumbnails

My picture thumbnails: How do you get the thumbnails showing in the my pictures folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-picture-thumbnails/2ca4aa38-41bf-4c8e-98f8-764575907f9b
  4. Picture icon no thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture icon no thumbnails: I am having issues trying to show my thumbnails instead of icons , I have tried every single troubleshoot I could find with no luck , I have a few showing but not alot of them are , can someone please help , Its getting real ridiculous and upsetting...
  5. picture folder not showing thumbnails

picture folder not showing thumbnails: I transferred some photos from my phone to a flash drive using an otg adapter then I transferred them from flash drive to computer. I put them in my pictures folder on my hard drive. I have 2 hard drives. The ssd and hdd. I named my hdd E. So I made a pictures folder in that...
  6. thumbnails in pictures are greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    thumbnails in pictures are greyed out: when I tried to open "pictures" from either my "This PC" or from OneDrive results in an endless loop of downloading; I eventually stopped the process but now my thumbnails are greyed out...
  7. Groove Music Thumbnail Pictures

Groove Music Thumbnail Pictures: Lately, I've been having a problem with Groove. I download music, and since it's youtube to mp3 stuff the titles usually don't match up with the actual song. Groove has a habit of giving my music a picture that sort of goes along with it, and it wasn't a problem until it...
  8. Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders

Picture Thumbnails No Longer Appear in Picture Folders: Until recently, when I opened a picture folder in Windows Explorer, all files were displayed as actual picture thumbnails. Foe some reason this has changed and all files are now displayed with the same "MS Photos" application icon. This makes it almost impossible to quickly...
  9. Picture thumbnails

Picture thumbnails: As I go through my Picture folders, all I get are little icons for the Tiffs, rather than thumbnails of the pictures. I am using Windows 10. How do I get my thumbnails back?...
  10. Photo thumbnail picture

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo thumbnail picture: When opening a folder containing pictures how do I get win 10 to show a thumb nail size image 17461

Users found this page by searching for:

1. green checkmark on pictures folders and thumbnails