Windows 10: Downloaded the game, but in the store says it is and is not installed ?

Discus and support Downloaded the game, but in the store says it is and is not installed ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; [IMG] So I downloaded about 6+gb of the game and it shows installed and not installed ? So what do I have installed , goastware ? or something else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kjl1956, Aug 20, 2018.

1. kjl1956 Win User

Downloaded the game, but in the store says it is and is not installed ?

Downloaded the game, but in the store says it is and is not installed ? [​IMG]

So I downloaded about 6+gb of the game and it shows installed and not installed ?

So what do I have installed , goastware ? or something else ?

:)

kjl1956, Aug 20, 2018

2. How do I reinstall an app that the computer says is not there but the store says is installed

Hi Shawn and Ruth

I used Powershell to uninstall it again and double checked that the tile was gone. It was. Then I reinstalled it from the store. I checked in the start list and the game is listed under "recently added" and listed under "D" in the "All Apps" from the
    start menu. I reset the store like Ruth suggested and tried to open the game from the store's "Open" box -- no luck. Then I tried opening the game from the start menu - no luck.

Under "Settings" and "Apps and Features" the game is not listed.

The store says that the game is installed.

The Package is listed under PowerShell as:

Full Name: A278AB0D.DragonMainaLegends_1.7.0.15_x86_h6adky7gbf63m

Install Location: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\A278AB0D.DragonMainaLegends_1.7.0.15_x86_h6adky7gbf63m

KidsUnKauf, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    can't download games from store

Hi Krishna,

You might be experiencing this issue because of a connectivity issue or the Microsoft Store cache is corrupted. In order to diagnose the problem, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent apps and games from downloading and installing correctly. To run the troubleshooter, kindly refer to the following article:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: Manually reset the Windows Store app cache then try to download games again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt, and right-click Command Prompt
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

We also recommend that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through

Windows Update
    and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, kindly send us a reply with the following information so we can further pinpoint the cause of this issue:

• Do you only experience this issue when downloading a specific game from Microsoft Store? If yes, what is the name of the specific game you are trying to download?
    • Have you tried downloading the game by accessing
      Microsoft Store using your web browser
      ?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Downloaded the game, but in the store says it is and is not installed ?

not able to download games from store

Hi,

There are several possible reasons as to why you're encountering issues with downloading games from the Windows Store. Here's a list of the common factors:

• Your account may be restricted from downloading games that are inappropriate for your age.
    • Games you're trying to download are not available in your current region.
    • Corrupted app data
    • An outdated Windows 10 OS

For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you using an adult or a child account?
    • Is the Microsoft account you're using in the Windows Store app the same as your Windows 10 user account?
    • Are you using an administrator user account?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . This can help resolve issues with downloading and installing games from the Windows Store.

Catherine Cus., Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Downloaded the game, but in the store says it is and is not installed ?

1. Downloaded the game, but in the store says it is and is not installed ? - Similar Threads - Downloaded game store

2. unable to install any game from windows store - upon clicking download it says "acquiring...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to install any game from windows store - upon clicking download it says "acquiring...: im on windows 11 and ive been trying to install games from the Store for several days but it says the same errormentioned above each time. ive tried to reset the app but it didnt work....
  3. unable to install any game from windows store - upon clicking download it says "acquiring...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to install any game from windows store - upon clicking download it says "acquiring...: im on windows 11 and ive been trying to install games from the Store for several days but it says the same errormentioned above each time. ive tried to reset the app but it didnt work....
  4. Microsoft store won't download games, says no applicable device

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store won't download games, says no applicable device: I'm trying to download a game with my game pass update the halo collection to include Halo 3: ODST but the app wouldn't update, when I try to go to downloads and updates it just freezes, when I try to install it from the store page it either freeze or lag, then pulls up a...
  5. downloading games on window store.

downloading games on window store.: I recently uninstalled sea of thieves because i ran into an issue on the windows store and now i can no longer download it back on to my computeri originally got it on my Xbox if this helps...
  6. Can't Download/install a game from Microsoft Store

Can't Download/install a game from Microsoft Store: So everytime I try to download a game using microsoft store is such a pain and the interface is really bad for games. I am trying to download Halo Reach, but there is some issue all the time. Sometimes I get the error message "something went bad on our end", then when I...
  7. I installed a game from the Windows Store, but it says it is not installed and will not let...

I installed a game from the Windows Store, but it says it is not installed and will not let...: Recently, I signed up for the Xbox Gamepass for PC, and with it I installed The Outer Worlds. However, for some reason, I cannot start the game. It's not even like it crashes or anything like that, I just click the button and nothing runs at all. Whenever I return to the...
  8. Windows Store Game download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store Game download: I got Xbox Game Pass last night and downloaded Outer Worlds. The game downloaded successfully, on a drive that had plenty of space, seemed to install correctly, but I can’t launch it. Apparently, I’m supposed to have a section in my library specifically for Game Pass games,...
  9. Microsoft Store game says it's DLing but it's not installing

Microsoft Store game says it's DLing but it's not installing: Hi, I'm tring to DL outer worlds and it's asking for a drive and it says it's DLing the 37 gigs AND my recently added on my start menu even lists it but it's not actually downloading/installing. My drive isn't 37 gigs smaller or anything and there's definitely no install....
  10. Microsoft store game downloads

Microsoft store game downloads: I can't seem to get any game to download from Microsoft store and even my Microsoft Solitaire Collection, which was already installed will not run correctly or not even load. Get no message, just when I try clicking on download, nothing happens at all. Help please as this is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why the downloaded game is not installed in windows phone