Windows 10: downloaded Windows 10 and its miserable

Discus and support downloaded Windows 10 and its miserable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded Windows 10 a couple of days ago and after I type in my password this comes on every time after I log on: "Your PC ran into a problem and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by georgvan, Jun 8, 2016.

1. georgvan Win User

downloaded Windows 10 and its miserable

I downloaded Windows 10 a couple of days ago and after I type in my password this comes on every time after I log on: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then you can restart".

After the message Shows 100% I turn off the computer and then restart it. Then when I log in I can log onto the internet. But the message comes on every time that I log on. Then when I restart the computer it takes a very long time before I am able to type my password in. Once I type my password in then I can go onto the internet and it works fine. But why should that message come on every time I try to log on and why does it take so long before I am able to get to the internet?

Also, I have a book entitled 'Windows 10 for seniors for dummies'. My computer doesn't follow anything in that book. Maybe someone can recommend a better book.

:)

georgvan, Jun 8, 2016

2. Windows 10_The Absolute WORST!!!!

Got tricked into downloading Windows 10. My life has been miserable since. Cannot believe after all these years a company would release a piece of garbage like Windows 10.

jackfromillinois, Jun 8, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Reset Completely Failed

Please explain how can I download the windows 10 ISO when using windows 10, because when i try to click on the link ''upgrade now'', the upgrade center opens and doesn't involve any option to download it. And my reset tries fail miserably, always stopping
    on 53%.

AleksandarMišković, Jun 8, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Sorry, I can't recommend a good book for troubleshooting Windows 10 problems.

If you can post the exact model number of your laptop, that will give a better starting point for advice. For one thing, it would allow us to check whether the manufacturer (HP?) supports the Windows 10 upgrade on the machine, and whether they made Windows 10 drivers available for it. (That may not be necessary, but it would make life much easier.)

A lot of people here would have recommended making an image (backup) of your hard drive prior to an OS upgrade. Most upgrades won't need that, but if there's a serious issue, it makes it much simpler to recover.

bobkn, Jun 9, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jun 11, 2016
  6. CirrusOne Win User
    When I installed WIN 10 on an ATOM processer I said the same thing.

Now I have it on an I3 and it runs perfectly.

What processer do you have? how many cores?

C1

CirrusOne, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. downloaded Windows 10 and its miserable - Similar Threads - downloaded miserable

2. Error saying "we are unable to complete your request at this time" while trying to download...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error saying "we are unable to complete your request at this time" while trying to download...: Originally i couldn't download windows 11 pro media creation tool onto my usb because when it tried downloading it onto the usb it ended with we are unable to run this tool on your pc message, so i decided to try and use rufus because apparently that was what was helping...
  3. Error saying "we are unable to complete your request at this time" while trying to download...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error saying "we are unable to complete your request at this time" while trying to download...: Originally i couldn't download windows 11 pro media creation tool onto my usb because when it tried downloading it onto the usb it ended with we are unable to run this tool on your pc message, so i decided to try and use rufus because apparently that was what was helping...
  4. Error saying "we are unable to complete your request at this time" while trying to download...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 system keeps trying to download/install Windows 11 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 system keeps trying to download/install Windows 11 22H2 update: On my Windows 10 laptop Windows 10 home version 10.0.10945 when windows update runs it keeps trying to download/install a Windows 11 version 22H2 update. How do I stop this?...
  6. Windows 10 system keeps trying to download/install Windows 11 22H2 update

Windows 10 system keeps trying to download/install Windows 11 22H2 update: On my Windows 10 laptop Windows 10 home version 10.0.10945 when windows update runs it keeps trying to download/install a Windows 11 version 22H2 update. How do I stop this?...
  7. Windows 10 system keeps trying to download/install Windows 11 22H2 update

8. I can't download security update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download security update: I am not sure if you can help me with this but I can't access SRW now because there is an error downloading a security update There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for...
  9. I can't download security update

I can't download security update: I am not sure if you can help me with this but I can't access SRW now because there is an error downloading a security update There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for...
  10. I can't download security update