Windows 10: downloading certificates

Discus and support downloading certificates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10. I often come across a list of certificates available for download in credential manager and internet settings. How much security do they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CBurris, Aug 1, 2018.

1. CBurris Win User

downloading certificates

Windows 10. I often come across a list of certificates available for download in credential manager and internet settings. How much security do they provide? How many do I need they have different functions. I've heard how many certificates' security was compromised or fake certificates are out there. I have several generic certificates in credential manager. What happens if I delete say, the one for one drive called OneDrive Cached Credential? I am putting this under Network and Internet since I see it in Internet Properties. Note: I believe these settings are for Internet Explorer? I use Chrome but wouldn't there be some equivalent in chrome that my questions would apply to? What if I did use Internet Explorer? I would need this information then. It does have it's purposes.

Thanks

:)

CBurris, Aug 1, 2018

2. Install of SDK Certificates on ATT Tilt Blocked

I couldn't find the script i had created but if you have a registry editor for the tilt you can follow the following steps if not the I suggest resco registry editor which can be found at handango.com. Its not a free program but you can download the 30-day
    trial and since all you need to do is modify a registry entry and unless you do a hard reset you won't have to do it again.

• find HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies.
    [*]
    • Change the following registry items:

• 00001001 overwrite the 2 with 1

• 00001005 overwrite the 16 with 40

• 00001017 overwrite the 128 with 144

• Now, it is possible to download the certificate from the server and install

hchavarria, Aug 1, 2018
  3. N8 certificates not trusted/don't match the name

Well I worked out for myself how to verify the certificates are genuine:

• Using a desktop computer
    • Go to the page with the certificates
    • Select a certificate
    • It will say either:
      • Certificate already exists - this confirms that the certificate on the website matches one already in your browser, which we already trust, therefore the certificate on the website is trustworthy
      • Asks if you want to install the certificate, DON'T.
        • First view the certificate details.
        • Copy the certificate serial number or SHA1/SHA256/MD5/etc hash
        • Paste this into a search engine
        • If another website that you trust lists the certificate, e.g. your phone manufacturer or another trusted website (preferably a secure website, therefore you have confidence the website is genuine), then you can trust the certificate
        • If no trustworthy sites are returned in the search then try another hash or serial number
        • If you can't find any trustworthy sites listing the certificate then I suggest you don't trust it.
    • Finally, if you decide you trust a certificate then you can download and install on your phone.

CurvyClover488, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

downloading certificates

Security certificate issue

Hi Doug,

To help you resolve your concern, please follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge and access Nextdoor.com, click
      Continue to this website (not recommended). There should be a
      Certificate warning
      that will appear.
    • Click the Certificate Error button to open the information window.
    • Click View Certificates, and then click Install Certificate.
    • On the warning message that appears, click Yes to install the certificate.

Please let us know the outcome

Ryan Fra, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

downloading certificates

1. downloading certificates - Similar Threads - downloading certificates

2. Unable to Download Symbol Files Package After Microsoft Store Certification for Win UI 3...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Download Symbol Files Package After Microsoft Store Certification for Win UI 3...: Hello,I am encountering an issue with packaging my Win UI 3 application for submission to the Microsoft Store. After successfully certifying my application on the Microsoft Store, I expected to have the option to download the symbol files package. However, I am unable to...
  3. Unable to Download Symbol Files Package After Microsoft Store Certification for Win UI 3...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Download Symbol Files Package After Microsoft Store Certification for Win UI 3...: Hello,I am encountering an issue with packaging my Win UI 3 application for submission to the Microsoft Store. After successfully certifying my application on the Microsoft Store, I expected to have the option to download the symbol files package. However, I am unable to...
  4. Will downloading an SSL certificate on my computer, or installing it on my browser allow...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will downloading an SSL certificate on my computer, or installing it on my browser allow...: Will downloading an SSL certificate on my computer, or installing it on my browser allow someone to hack my computer? Will it allow someone to monitor my activities on Browser? My employer wanted me to install an SSL certificate. I downloaded the certificate on my computer,...
  5. Will downloading an SSL certificate on my computer, or installing it on my browser allow...

Will downloading an SSL certificate on my computer, or installing it on my browser allow...: Will downloading an SSL certificate on my computer, or installing it on my browser allow someone to hack my computer? Will it allow someone to monitor my activities on Browser? My employer wanted me to install an SSL certificate. I downloaded the certificate on my computer,...
  6. Will downloading an SSL certificate on my computer, or installing it on my browser allow...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. .Net Framework v4.8 downloads are signed with expired certificates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .Net Framework v4.8 downloads are signed with expired certificates: While trying to install .Net Framework 4.8 on a Windows 7 computer I get this message:The reason I can see is the the available installers have an expired digital signature certificate and wont allow to be installed.Certificate expired december 2 - 2021.I require the offline...
  8. .Net Framework v4.8 downloads are signed with expired certificates

.Net Framework v4.8 downloads are signed with expired certificates: While trying to install .Net Framework 4.8 on a Windows 7 computer I get this message:The reason I can see is the the available installers have an expired digital signature certificate and wont allow to be installed.Certificate expired december 2 - 2021.I require the offline...
  9. New 7 Pro 64 installation can't download: site certificates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New 7 Pro 64 installation can't download: site certificates?: Today, I took out an old two-disk laptop that's been in a drawer since it stopped working about 7 years ago, installed an old SSD where I had long ago removed its main disk, whipped out one of my original Pro 64 SP1 installation CDs, and successfully installed the OS. It even...
  10. PC IS NOT DOWNLOADING CERTIFICATE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC IS NOT DOWNLOADING CERTIFICATE: Hello, I have downloaded a Etisalat Digital Certificate on my PC. My PC is Windows 10 but there is one error message appearing while i download. This App is been blocked for your protection An administrator has been blocked you for running this App. Contact the...