Windows 10: Downloading cumulative updates

Discus and support Downloading cumulative updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just curious to learn as to why while downloading Cumulative Updates for Win 10 thru Windows Update the download gets struck midway? The same files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by layman, Sep 15, 2016.

1. layman Win User

Downloading cumulative updates

Just curious to learn as to why while downloading Cumulative Updates for Win 10 thru Windows Update the download gets struck midway? The same files download in a jiffy when downloaded from Catalog site of MS. Why this problem is not being solved in spite of Insider Program?

:)

layman, Sep 15, 2016

2. Troubleshoot

Hi

When you said to download the lastest Cumulative Update KB4048955 (OS Build 16299.64), do I download the latest Delta Cumulative one or the latest Cumulative one?

Rainier CharlesOng, Sep 15, 2016
  3. Why Is Windows 10 Downloading Cumulative Updates and Full Feature Updates on Metered Network Connections?

Hi Michelle,

I trust that you are well.

This evening I have switched on my laptop and Microsoft has released some updates, including a Cumulative Update. Windows Update starts up and it starts downloading the updates;

Downloading cumulative updates [​IMG]

As you can see, Windows Update is downloading updates while I am on a Metered Connection. I can confirm that my wifi connection is set as per the following screenshot;

Downloading cumulative updates [​IMG]

As you can see the Windows Update component is ignoring. Also as you can see Microsoft is ignoring both myself and common sense.

I have had to stop and disable the Windows Update service - so that I can use the laptop.

When is this going tobe resolved?

Kind regards,

Neil

Neil Hobbs, Sep 15, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Downloading cumulative updates - Similar Threads - Downloading cumulative updates

2. Cannot download Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot download Cumulative Update: Cannot download 2023-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5028166, getting this: 0x80073701 error message back every time, I have already ran recommended command prompts...
  3. Cannot download Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download Cumulative Update: Cannot download 2023-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5028166, getting this: 0x80073701 error message back every time, I have already ran recommended command prompts...
  4. Cannot download Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error Downloading Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Downloading Cumulative Update: Let me start this off by saying I'm not the most tech savvy so sorry in advanceI've recently noticed when I go to my Windows Update section in settings I get a red alert under saying "Your device is missing important security and quality features" Which I spent a day trying...
  6. Error Downloading Cumulative Update

Error Downloading Cumulative Update: Let me start this off by saying I'm not the most tech savvy so sorry in advanceI've recently noticed when I go to my Windows Update section in settings I get a red alert under saying "Your device is missing important security and quality features" Which I spent a day trying...
  7. Error Downloading Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Can't download windows cumulative updates

Can't download windows cumulative updates: I am getting an error when trying to download a cumulative update. My error is your device is missing important security and quality fixes. Also I got we cannot update windows because service was shutting down. The update can never install. I have given up and stop windows...
  9. Error downloading Cumulative update KB5000802

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error downloading Cumulative update KB5000802: I'm having some trouble downloading KB5000802. I'm getting error: "We couldn't install some updates using the the account your signed in with." I'm signed in with the administrator account. I've rolled back to yesterdays Macrium image and tried again but continue to get the...
  10. cumulative updates download but won't install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cumulative updates download but won't install: couldn't find this, so a new thread. sorry if i missed it. did a clean install of the spring upgrade 2018. since then no cumulative update will install. seems to download fine, but always an install error. i have tried everything i could find on the web, ms support, youtube,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DO you have this patch downloaded anywhere2019-08 Cumulative Update KB4512495