Windows 10: Downloading files using Edge, folder won't auto open?

Discus and support Downloading files using Edge, folder won't auto open? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, Trying to rely on using Edge over IE. Small things like this are annoying me: Download a file and then I click on the section to 'open... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by teacherk6, Nov 3, 2015.

1. teacherk6 Win User

Downloading files using Edge, folder won't auto open?

Hello,

Trying to rely on using Edge over IE.

Small things like this are annoying me:

Download a file and then I click on the section to 'open folder'.

The Downloads folder opens, but just stays at the bottom, it doesn't pop up.

The file I just downloaded is there somewhere, but it isn't highlighted like it used to be in IE.

Is it in the settings to fix this by any chance?

Thanks!

:)

teacherk6, Nov 3, 2015

2. downloads

Every time I try to open a downloaded file after clicking on open all it does is kind of flash and that's it. It won't open, it just puts another copy of the file in the folder. I'm running on Windows 10, using Edge. I've tried to open them from the download
    folder and from my desktop. They will not open. What else can I do?

Donnita Piggee, Nov 3, 2015
  3. Cannot 'add folder' to Backup, error code 0x80070032 (Win10)

No, that did not help. It's not a hidden or system file, it's a folder of image files. They're all "found." It just won't auto-backup that entire folder.

KazrenPirate, Nov 3, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

It does open, just opens behind so you can't see it. This still happens in latest build. There are lots of complaints on Feedback app - you could add a "me too" but I guess they'll fix it sometime.

lx07, Nov 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Downloading files using Edge, folder won't auto open? - Similar Threads - Downloading files using

2. FOLDER AUTO OPENS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FOLDER AUTO OPENS: When I open an Access Database, the file location folder the location folder where the database is located auto opens a few seconds later. Where is this feature located, so I may turn it off? This only started about two months ago. I have taken my computer to the shop...
  3. FOLDER AUTO OPENS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FOLDER AUTO OPENS: When I open an Access Database, the file location folder the location folder where the database is located auto opens a few seconds later. Where is this feature located, so I may turn it off? This only started about two months ago. I have taken my computer to the shop...
  4. Auto install of downloaded files in Download folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto install of downloaded files in Download folder.: How do you stop the auto installation of downloaded files in the Download folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-install-of-downloaded-files-in-download/3cf2007b-164a-47df-b7a9-705636d695dc
  5. Download Folder won't open

Download Folder won't open: When I click on the download folder in the Windows 10 Explorer I just see "Working on it..." and it never opens. See screen capture images below for other messages. Any ideas? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. downloaded csv files won't open in excel

downloaded csv files won't open in excel: Why are downloaded csv files not opening in Microsoft Excel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloaded-csv-files-wont-open-in-excel/1de4de67-952f-4519-b347-d12828db8d4a"
  7. Using Microsoft Edge to open epub files

Using Microsoft Edge to open epub files: How do I use Microsoft Edge to open epub files when I cannot even select MS Edge from the dropdown list after I click "Open With"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-microsoft-edge-to-open-epub-files/eade9b57-747d-42ac-9ad7-43a4c4b97918"
  8. open pdf files using Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    open pdf files using Edge: I cannot open a PDF online. I am using Win 10 and Adobe Acrobat 9. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/open-pdf-files-using-edge/c94f483d-1aba-4fca-acad-949ae4d5e628
  9. Edge won't open.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't open.: When I first got Win 10, the Edge browser worked great but after a time it simply quit working. The opening screen with the icon comes up but then it goes back to my desktop. It isn't a critical problem yet because I can still use Explorer but Edge had some features I liked...
  10. Downloaded files won't open - "Corrupt"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded files won't open - "Corrupt": I've received 5 files from 5 sources, both Excel and Word. Every time I try to open one I get an error message "File is corrupt and can't be opened." I can work on my own files, but not downloads. I tried the Windows 10 "workarounds" but these didn't help. Any suggestions?...