Windows 10: Downloading Hangs Firefox, Other Programs involved

Discus and support Downloading Hangs Firefox, Other Programs involved in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, I've been searching around for answers to this one but can't seem to find what would create these symptoms: I tried to download a photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IWilkins, Feb 24, 2017.

1. IWilkins Win User

Downloading Hangs Firefox, Other Programs involved

Hey all,

I've been searching around for answers to this one but can't seem to find what would create these symptoms:

I tried to download a photo from a stock photo site through their download link, which I've done hundreds of times.

It downloaded almost all the way then Firefox hung. After ending task and retrying a few times, it kept doing it. So I cleared my temp files, etc and refreshed Firefox. Same issue. Firefox itself works just fine, but it will hang if I download. It actually DOES download the file, but it hangs before it says its finished.

So on restarting the computer my Skype shows up as basically a white screen. It does log into it (I can see that I have one message) but that's it. I just get the plain white screen. Skype will then hang if I try to close it, forcing an end task.

Opening up ITunes is the same: If I go to the store I get an empty white screen. The program itself seems to work fine in that I can see my locally stored music, play it, etc, but the store is a blank screen.

No error messages or anything.

Some sort if IE browser issue? I don't know enough about it to really get in and dig.

Thanks in advance!

:)

IWilkins, Feb 24, 2017
  2. T Frasier Win User

Windows 10 search bar only allows one letter to be typed

Windows 10 is new on my system and I seem to have a litany of issues that involve browsers also. Just certain browsers- Crome and Opera are fine but Edge and Firefox hang on any login screen. Does anyone have any suggestions. I can't download any Microsoft
    stuff because it wants me to login-then hangs. Thanks for the help.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

T Frasier, Feb 24, 2017
  3. ArdyW Win User
    Can't download Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Browser (Firefox V47.0.1) doesn't recognize MS Store URL. Here is the error message I get:

"Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (ms-windows-store) isn't associated with any program or is not allowed in this context."

This seems different from other questions on the MS Solitaire Collection where the download just hangs. In this case, as you can see, there is an explicit error message related to the
    ms-windows-store:// portion of the URL. In fact, some browsers may hang for this while apparently Firefox actually gives an error message. In any case, I'm stumped -- any ideas?

Thanks, Ardy Downloading Hangs Firefox, Other Programs involved :)

ArdyW, Feb 24, 2017
  4. IWilkins Win User

IWilkins, Feb 25, 2017
Thema:

1. Downloading Hangs Firefox, Other Programs involved - Similar Threads - Downloading Hangs Firefox

2. FIREFOX DOWNLOADING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FIREFOX DOWNLOADING: How to I install firefox on D drive so it take very little space on c drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-downloading/b36f76f5-5caf-45c1-854c-30ab2b97db25
  3. Download hanging

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Download hanging: Hi...Purchased forza 7 motorsport. Received confirmation email and started the download. After around 10 seconds the progress bar stops and a "Resuming download" message appears but it just hangs. Im downloading to an external drive with plenty of space, internet speed is...
  4. downloading firefox

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    downloading firefox: I am trying to download firefox on a brand new laptop. I get a dialog box that says it is in S Mode. I am new to windows 10 by the way :/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-firefox/169c04f8-36d0-40ef-9799-a75618fcb8ac
  5. Firefox hangs a LOT on printing (PDFs)

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox hangs a LOT on printing (PDFs): I am using the latest Firefox 64 Quantum, V. 67, but I think this problem goes back to earlier releases. I save off a lot of webpages and forum posts by printing to PDF using Adobe Acrobat. I never have issues wiht Acrobat with any other programs. But with Firefox, it often...
  6. Outlook Wont print but other programs such as FireFox and IE will.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Wont print but other programs such as FireFox and IE will.: I am attempting to print an email from outlook. To be Clear I am talking about the outlook mail program, I do not have office. I cant get it to work. I can print every other program with zero problems. I am running window 10 pro last patch is Windows 10 Version 1803 for...
  7. Firefox download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Firefox download: Using edge I am unable to download firefox....it goes as far as to show downloading.. 0% and stays there Tks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-download/2a778d30-11b5-44bb-8303-dc9bd877d92e
  8. programs hang

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    programs hang: I have several programs that will not start sometimes but other times they will. Itunes, Windows Media Player, and Remote Desktop will not start sometimes, they will show in task manager as running normaly and nothing in the wait chain. If I leave it and come back in a 1/2...
  9. Firefox hangs

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox hangs: Is there any way to prevent Firefox hangs? I get this report in Windows 10 problem reports: Source Firefox Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎6/‎6/‎2018 12:12 PM Status Report sent Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows....
  10. downloading firefox

in Browsers and Email
    downloading firefox: Hi folks I just got my new computer with windows 10...I had windows seven and this seems complicated. I was looking to see where I can download fire fox and chrome. any help? also I had free malware scan on windows 7 that I could scan flash drives for problems...I...