Windows 10: Downloading home made DVD to copy again

Discus and support Downloading home made DVD to copy again in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! i have been trying, unsuccessfully to download our home videos that are on DVD's. They appear to go into a folder I've made for them, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by F8watcher, Apr 6, 2016.

1. F8watcher Win User

Downloading home made DVD to copy again

Hello!

i have been trying, unsuccessfully to download our home videos that are on DVD's. They appear to go into a folder I've made for them, but when I try to copy onto another DVD, when I play it, the first part is missing and I get a message that a file is corrupt. I didn't think this would be so difficult, but I'm lost now as to how to do this. I'm trying to copy them for my daughters birthday. I am using DVD-R disk. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also using Windows 10.

Thanks!!

:)

F8watcher, Apr 6, 2016
  2. JonPaul2 Win User

Free DVD burning software is gone after most recent update.

Me and my wife are taking vhs home movies and copying them to dvd. Once we have one done there was a pre loaded program that allowed us to copy the dvd and burn another one right away. Well now that the update happened we can't find any of the software
    that was loaded on any of the 3 computers we have. Does anyone know why windows did this and if there is any pre loaded software that will allow us to make a copy of our home made dvd's?

JonPaul2, Apr 6, 2016
  3. jxyz001 Win User
    Windows 10 & Win10_1511_2_English_x64.iso file

I downloaded 'Win10_1511_2_English_x64.iso' file to upgrade to Windows 10.

When I try to RUN (double click on it), it copies it to an external device (DVD or USB drive).

What's next? Where's the setup.exe command?

I currently have Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.

Again, I did the following...

1) Downloaded Windows 10 'Win10_1511_2_English_x64.iso' (2,867,117KB) file

2) 2.73GB (2,867,117KB) of 4.15GB were downloaded

A) Disk Image file (.iso file) was downloaded

What's next? Where's the setup.exe command?

Double clicking on 'Win10_1511_2_English_x64.iso' just makes a copy to a DVD.

Thanks!

jxyz001, Apr 6, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

5. F8watcher Win User
    Thank you! I did look at the DVD and there are no scratches. The original plays just fine. The copies seem to cut off the first part of the recordings. Are those downloads through the windows store? I've googled and YouTube everything and keep coming up short.

F8watcher, Apr 6, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    Those programs are unnecessary for a home made DVD and may be illegal. @ F8watcher. Can you play the DVD on your computer?

Winuser, Apr 6, 2016
  7. You may have to do more than just copy the folders off the original DVD. Use any burning software you want, but us the option to copy the DVD. Since it isn't a store-bought movie with copy protection, you can easily make copies of the disc. If you only have one optical drive, the DVD will be copied to your hard drive as an image, and then you'll be prompted to put in the blank DVD.

DeaconFrost, Apr 6, 2016
  8. Winuser Win User

Winuser, Apr 6, 2016
  9. No need for any of those apps, like DVDfab or DVD Shrink. There's no protection that needs to be broken.

Copying the directories to the hard drive doesn't give you a working DVD, unless you've specially configured your burning software for a DVD movie. The easiest way is to use whatever burning program he already has and chose to make a disc copy.

DeaconFrost, Apr 6, 2016
  10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Why on the earth some freeware will be illegal. *s

11. Kari Win User
    I was wondering the same. Using a free tool to get my own self made home video material from my self made and burnt DVD to another DVD possibly illegal?

Makes me wonder if my lack of education makes me too stupid to understand it.

12. F8watcher Win User
    Yes, it plays on my Toshiba laptop.

F8watcher, Apr 6, 2016
  13. F8watcher Win User

I tried the other suggestions......when I put the DVD in my laptop, I also created a folder and saved the DVD contents to that folder. When burning it to a new dvd, it was cutting off the first part of our home video. I've successfully.....so far.....appear to have completed 1 disk. Now working on the next one. I'm not a tech savvy person, but can usually figure things out by using google or YouTube......just wasn't happening this time. I'll keep you posted if the 2nd dvd works out. Thanks for all of your help. I really want to be able to give these to our daughter for her 25th birthday........she keeps mentioning that she'd like them.

F8watcher, Apr 6, 2016
  14. Winuser Win User
    Programs like DVD HD Decrypter and DVD Decrypter were made to bypass the encryption on commercial DVD's. In some countries this is illegal. this is why in the US they have the FBI warning in commercial DVD,s and CD's. @ Keri, You won't get a argument out of me.

Winuser, Apr 6, 2016
  15. ARC
    Arc Win User
    I am aware of the possible IRP violation that a DVD decryptor tool may cause. I suggested those only because those are his self made disks, so nobody will arrest him for violating IRP; and those tools makes a better copy from a corrupt source.

Thema:

1. Downloading home made DVD to copy again - Similar Threads - Downloading home made

2. Copy Video On Internet to DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy Video On Internet to DVD: Is there a way to copy a video from the internet to a DVD on my desktop using MS Edge ? Is it legal ? This is a documentary video that is about 90 minutes long and I would like to watch it on my TV so I do not to eat up my internet usage each time I watch it....
  3. Copy Video On Internet to DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy Video On Internet to DVD: Is there a way to copy a video from the internet to a DVD on my desktop using MS Edge ? Is it legal ? This is a documentary video that is about 90 minutes long and I would like to watch it on my TV so I do not to eat up my internet usage each time I watch it....
  4. How do I copy a DVD-R with old home made videos to my Windows 10 computer so it will play...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I copy a DVD-R with old home made videos to my Windows 10 computer so it will play...: How do I copy a DVD-R with old home made videos 1999-2007 to my Windows 10 computer so it will play from the computer files as I want to backup all these old DVD's? * The DVD will play with VLC media player from E Drive * The DVD E drive only shows "files Ready to Be...
  5. DVD copying software

DVD copying software: Until recently I have been using the free version of WinXDVD to copy MP4 DVDs to my HDD. I had a small problem with one DVD and contacted the company and they recommended installing the latest trial version. What they did not tell me is that the new version has a 5 minute...
  6. Commercial DVD, not home made, will not play in WMP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Commercial DVD, not home made, will not play in WMP: Using Windows 10. I have looked at another thread about this same issue and the "solutions" there don't work. Windows Media Player installed, but I can't find any information on which version this is. WMP is set in Win 10 as the default media player. Yet, no matter what...
  7. Copying DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying DVD: I have a home DVD that is over 2 hours long. I would like to copy and burn a DVD with only a 1 hour section of it. What is the best way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-dvd/e2d0225a-0262-4fb5-812e-f66ed3e30ea5"
  8. DVD copy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD copy: How do I copy an unprotected DVD to my hard drive using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-copy/595feffd-e727-42f9-8dd7-d232f529d688
  9. copying a movie dvd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    copying a movie dvd: I am trying to copy a movie on a dvd onto a cd using windows media player. I only have one dvd/cd drive on my computer. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/copying-a-movie-dvd/feb29d92-38b5-43f3-9827-f1262acefa25
  10. Copying a DVD

Copying a DVD: Please help with how I can copy a DVD. I don't have any software that I can find on my system. Does anything come packaged with Windows 10? 45766