Windows 10: Downloading in Edge

Discus and support Downloading in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm attempting to download Win 10 64-bit Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia website. On the Nvidia driver search page, after I've selected the search... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tjg79, Oct 27, 2015.

1. tjg79 Win User

Downloading in Edge

I'm attempting to download Win 10 64-bit Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia website. On the Nvidia driver search page, after I've selected the search parameters and conducted the driver search, I come to an download button page. I click the download button and I arrive at an Agree & Download button page. When I click on the Agree & Download button, nothing happens. It's as if the Agree & Download button isn't active. Something is blocking the download.

I suspect there is a setting that is preventing the download. What are the recommended settings and where do you find them in order to set this browser to be able to download drivers?

Thanks for the help.

Regards

:)

tjg79, Oct 27, 2015

2. Downloading a web page in Edge

I have upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 8.1 Pro yesterday. While I was using EDGE I could not find a feature that would allow me to download a web page. It was very easy to do so on the IE 11.

Fiel da Silva, Oct 27, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Downloading a web page in Edge

I agree with you. I also find it difficult to believe that Microsoft would make a browser that doesn't support extensions.

BulldogXX, Oct 27, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Downloading in Edge

Hi,
    I have tried downloading with Edge and found no problem.
    You could try opening the Task manager, go to details tab, right click "Microsoft Edge Content Process" and click End Task. Restart the browser and try again, it might resolve the problem.

Downloading in Edge [​IMG]

brummyfan, Oct 27, 2015
  5. tjg79 Win User
    Something is locking up the download of this driver. I got a bit further to the point that I can see a download attempt, but that's as far as it goes.

I'll download the file on my old XP Pentium III Laptop and USB it over to the Win 10 machine.

This could be driver related problems.

Regards

tjg79, Oct 27, 2015
  6. tjg79 Win User
    Do you know how to get rid of that fb, linkedIn, twitter, etc..., bar on the left side of the desktop?

Regards

tjg79, Oct 27, 2015
  7. Have you tried right click and see what comes up to see if you can delete them.
    Also I use Edge and have not had that trouble.
    Also I use this link below

Can recommend - Windows 10 Forums

It has just updated 12 of my drivers through Edge

hTconeM9user, Oct 27, 2015
  8. tjg79 Win User

Downloading in Edge

Thanks for the link, but I'm always leery about device driver download programs. They seem to be scams or malware conduits. I put them in the same class as those programs that claim to speed up your computer. I think their primary purpose is to install adware on your system.

I think this is primarily a driver issue and I'll go back and review all the drivers the OS installed.

I'm not impressed with Edge. Is it possible to load IE11? If not, I may migrate to a third party browser for the first time.

tjg79, Oct 27, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Start menu >>> All Apps >>> "W" >>> Windows Accessories >>> Internet Explorer

Cliff S, Oct 27, 2015
  10. tjg79 Win User
    Thank you for that information. Using Edge is like being blind when compared to IE. I think Edge is another MS flop.

tjg79, Oct 27, 2015
  11. tjg79 Win User
    I've got no problem downloading with IE11. I'm promoting IE11 from Windows accessory to default browser. Edge is a MS POS.

tjg79, Oct 27, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    I can understand, I have four browsers, but IE is my main one. The other are for specific things. But You should try checking out YouTube with Edge, the video & sound quality is awesome, especially if your using 1080p*Biggrin

Cliff S, Oct 27, 2015
  13. tjg79 Win User

Downloading in Edge

Well then, perhaps Edge can be reassigned from Microsoft Flagship browser to the duty of being the YouTube player.

tjg79, Oct 27, 2015
  14. Cliff S New Member
    Hey that is a VERY important roll to play(these days*sarc)*Roflmao2

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Downloading in Edge

1. Downloading in Edge - Similar Threads - Downloading Edge

2. how can i turn off automatic update of all apps that I downloaded from edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i turn off automatic update of all apps that I downloaded from edge: I downloaded program in same venison when it’s finished and i opend he do auto update , in my older pc that was not happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-off-automatic-update-of-all-apps/52dcb4bd-f5b8-4d33-8a30-2dab1c50c801
  3. how can i turn off automatic update of all apps that I downloaded from edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i turn off automatic update of all apps that I downloaded from edge: I downloaded program in same venison when it’s finished and i opend he do auto update , in my older pc that was not happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-off-automatic-update-of-all-apps/52dcb4bd-f5b8-4d33-8a30-2dab1c50c801
  4. how can i turn off automatic update of all apps that I downloaded from edge

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...: I'm currently experiencing a problem when trying to download or save any files in Windows 10 from either Edge or Chrome. When trying to download a file in edge, I get the error "xxxx.pdf contains a virus and was deleted" - this happens for all files, regardless of source....
  6. MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...

MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...: I'm currently experiencing a problem when trying to download or save any files in Windows 10 from either Edge or Chrome. When trying to download a file in edge, I get the error "xxxx.pdf contains a virus and was deleted" - this happens for all files, regardless of source....
  7. MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Edge low download speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge low download speed: I used a speedtest to check my internet speeds and have 60mbps. However, my edge downloads are barely hitting 300 kbps. Nothing else is using internet. Is there a way to fix this?...
  9. Edge low download speed

Edge low download speed: I used a speedtest to check my internet speeds and have 60mbps. However, my edge downloads are barely hitting 300 kbps. Nothing else is using internet. Is there a way to fix this?...
  10. Edge freezes when I try to find and upload a anything from Downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge freezes when I try to find and upload a anything from Downloads: Microsoft edge freezes when I try to find something under downloads and I cannot get to what I am looking for nor am I able to upload anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-freezes-when-i-try-to-find-and-upload-a/0804c9a7-ccc5-4e36-823e-38a2f9dca3e4