Windows 10: Downloading on Windows10

Discus and support Downloading on Windows10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I removed W10 and reinstalled my W7 after I was frustrated that I could not select the download button on sites, as I have always done before with my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by brisser, Aug 5, 2015.

1. brisser Win User

Downloading on Windows10

I removed W10 and reinstalled my W7 after I was frustrated that I could not select the download button on sites, as I have always done before with my W7 and then could not see the "Save As" drop down box to select which file I wanted to save the download to and I could not even overwrite the title of the download, instead it had an alpha numeric file name as a default and I could not change it to the proper film clip name or one of my own choice.

This is one of the most common reasons I use my PC and was very annoyed that I could not get the downloads to work from various sites, as I have previously done with W7 and previous versions. I am now back using W7 but would install W10 again, if I could get round this problem. Any suggestions ?
    *Sad

:)

brisser, Aug 5, 2015
  2. Quixter Win User

Downloading Fitbit app on windows10 problem

Hi Andre,

Running wsreset.exe seems to have done the trick. All is good. Thanks!

Quixter, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Quixter Win User
    Downloading Fitbit app on windows10 problem

Hi,

Just got back home. I'm running windows 10 home version 10.0.14393. Troubleshooters returns Windows Store Cache may be damaged but was unable to auto fix.

After trying wsreset.exe clicking install goes to downloading status now but seems stuck at .10 KB of 273.7 KB. Will give it some time and post back if it fails again.

Quixter, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Downloading on Windows10

Hello Brisser, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like you are using Microsoft Edge??

If so, then you could use Internet Explorer instead if you like. Start -> All apps -> Windows Accessories -> Internet Explorer

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 5, 2015
  5. brisser Win User
    thank you. I reinstalled W10 and used explorer instead of edge and now I can download like I used to.
    . *Smile Many thanks for your help

brisser, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm happy to hear that you got it sorted Brisser. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Downloading on Windows10

1. Downloading on Windows10 - Similar Threads - Downloading Windows10

2. Download Windows10 to new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Download Windows10 to new computer: Hello. My windows account is included in Microsoft 365 A3 licenses, which included Windows 10 enterprise. Can I directly download and install it to my new computer just like normal account? Or should I do anything else? What is the correct installation procedure?Thx in...
  3. Download Windows10 to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download Windows10 to new computer: Hello. My windows account is included in Microsoft 365 A3 licenses, which included Windows 10 enterprise. Can I directly download and install it to my new computer just like normal account? Or should I do anything else? What is the correct installation procedure?Thx in...
  4. Download Windows10 to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. i just downloaded windows10 and no drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i just downloaded windows10 and no drivers: i downloaded windows 10 and i saw the speaker icon and it had an red dot. and no drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-downloaded-windows10-and-no-drivers/8c1844ca-ecda-45ee-bb6a-5c15ac80e0a2
  6. i just downloaded windows10 and no drivers

i just downloaded windows10 and no drivers: i downloaded windows 10 and i saw the speaker icon and it had an red dot. and no drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-downloaded-windows10-and-no-drivers/8c1844ca-ecda-45ee-bb6a-5c15ac80e0a2
  7. i just downloaded windows10 and no drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows10 downloaded Windows 11 without my permission and is threatening to install on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 downloaded Windows 11 without my permission and is threatening to install on...: I bought a new PC a few weeks ago, and I specifically searched for a computer with Windows 10 as the OS. I have no interest in 11, and have denied installation every time I have been prompted. Very much to my chagrin, Windows update decided to start downloading 11 yesterday....
  9. Windows10 downloaded Windows 11 without my permission and is threatening to install on...

Windows10 downloaded Windows 11 without my permission and is threatening to install on...: I bought a new PC a few weeks ago, and I specifically searched for a computer with Windows 10 as the OS. I have no interest in 11, and have denied installation every time I have been prompted. Very much to my chagrin, Windows update decided to start downloading 11 yesterday....
  10. Windows10 downloaded Windows 11 without my permission and is threatening to install on...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade