Windows 10: Downloading pictures to computer

Discus and support Downloading pictures to computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since installing Windows 10 I can't download pictures from my digital camera to my computer. What can I do to fix the problem 18018 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vickiray, Aug 20, 2015.

1. vickiray Win User

Downloading pictures to computer

Since installing Windows 10 I can't download pictures from my digital camera to my computer. What can I do to fix the problem

:)

vickiray, Aug 20, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

Downloading pictures to my computer

I guess you weren't auto-syncing the photos to a cloud service?

Unfortunately, you need to unlock the phone from the phone. There's no way to send remote commands like that to the phone.

Entegy, Aug 20, 2015
  3. 5090s Win User
    Downloading pictures to my computer

Hello,

My problem is that I accidentally broke my phones' glass (which also brakes the touch screen) and I have already a new phone, my last one is already quite old. I wanted to download my phones' pictures to my computer, but in order to do that I have to unlock
    my phone by tapping in the password. But my phones' touch screen is broken. Do I really have to pay a lot of money to repair the phone just to download the pictures to my computer? Is there an alternative for it? Can I somehow write the password in my computer
    instead?Thank you

Effy

5090s, Aug 20, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

What's the camera? What way are you trying to transfer pictures? (Some cameras will mount as external hard drives. Others use software.)

bobkn, Aug 20, 2015
  5. My wife is a photographer (half hobby, half paid), and I can't tell the last time she has ever connected her camera to a computer. Most laptops have card readers built-in, and USB models for desktops are dirty cheap. That always seems to be the best (and fastest) way.

DeaconFrost, Aug 20, 2015
  6. acmanten Win User
    Does you digital camera have a memory stick that you are able to remove ?
    What kind is it. ?
    If you can just load the memory stick into the computer and notice which device or drive has been opened, then sometimes the stick will always give you an option to save-all in some folder... or ask where you wish the files to be save?

Here is some info about itl
    Panasonic Online Store Support - Panasonic US

Does any of the above look familiar ?
    ... .. answers to the above ?

acmanten, Aug 20, 2015
  7. vickiray Win User
    The camera is a Panasonic digital DMC-ZS8 I am connecting with a cable from camera to computer When checking the computer recognizes the camera but the camera does not give me the optician to transfer pics to the computer. Always worked before downloading windows 10

vickiray, Aug 21, 2015
  8. bobkn Win User

I don't know what to expect for a Panasonic DMC-ZS8.

I have a Canon DSLR T3i. It shows up as an external drive (but with a special icon). I can transfer files in either direction, just as if it was a regular drive. I have never used the software Canon provides to manage the transfers.

If you're using such software, you may have to re-install it, even if it's compatible with Windows 10.

My preferred method is to use a reader for the SD card.

bobkn, Aug 21, 2015
  9. Caitlin Win User
    I'm sitting with exactly the same problem as vickyray. Plug the camera in and I see it but there's nothing when you open it. Nothing wrong with any hardware because I can see and download the pictures without problems on my laptop that still has Windows 7. The only difference is that I have a Fujifilm Finepix S100FS camera.

Caitlin, Aug 22, 2015
  10. acmanten Win User
    A digital camara would normally had an SD memory card or some kind of space available to store memory. That memory is normally a removable stick and it can be removed and put in the computer and get a directory of what is one it. Then the person could see what files and information is stored on it - in the folders.

Sometimes the name of folder on an SD card will be named: DCIM. ... and you can then use file explorer application to click on DCIM and see other folder on the SD card.... and the others folder will most likely include the photos and or JPG files. If you go to one of those folders you can copy/paste any and or all photos to your desktop or portable computer, then after delete them from your SD card. Best to all. Cliff M.

acmanten, Aug 22, 2015
  11. bobkn Win User
    It occurs to me that I had a similar issue with my old Canon Rebel XT (also known as 350D, outside the US). It didn't connect with a Windows 7 PC. There was a setting in the camera that worked around that. As far as I know, Canon never released a firmware upgrade for the camera to make a real fix, and no Windows 7 update ever changed it.

I transferred files using a card reader, so I didn't care.

You may have to resort to that, unless Panasonic or Fuji can assist you. I wouldn't count on any future MS updates to restore compatibility.

bobkn, Aug 22, 2015
  12. That's how you had your previous OS configured, but that doesn't mean it carried over to Windows 10, especially if your camera isn't being recognized. The easiest solution is to get a card reader, which is how most people transfer photos to their computer anyway.

DeaconFrost, Aug 23, 2015
  13. bagster Win User

I have the same problem. When I insert the Sd card, I get this error: the system cannot find the path specified
    No one I've asked knows how to fix it.

bagster, Aug 24, 2015
  14. intro Win User
    When you go to settings--devices and autoplay. Whats in the memory card section? You should have import photos and videos(photos) selected

intro, Aug 24, 2015
  15. Caitlin Win User
    Thanks for all the advice so far.
    As far as I can determine, Windows 10 or at least MY windows 10 does not see or recognize the DCIM folder. It sees the camera. It sees the card but after opening the camera icon... all is blank. It does not see the DCIM folder and then the Fuji folders in the DCIM folder. Properties on the card shows there is an amount of data written to the card but it cannot see what it is.
    How do I get windows ten to see or recognize the DCIM folder...? In Windows 7 there's something that can see and recognize a DCIM folder. That is what I need in Windows 10.

Caitlin, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Downloading pictures to computer - Similar Threads - Downloading pictures computer

2. HOW TO DOWNLOAD PICTURES FROM I-PHONE TO COMPUTER PICTURES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO DOWNLOAD PICTURES FROM I-PHONE TO COMPUTER PICTURES: HOW TO DOWNLOAD PICTURES FROM I-PHONE TO COMPUTER PICTURES*Moved from Office insider forum. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-pictures-from-i-phone-to-computer/315b8f3b-2a88-468c-a669-83e3177bf0bd
  3. HOW TO DOWNLOAD PICTURES FROM I-PHONE TO COMPUTER PICTURES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO DOWNLOAD PICTURES FROM I-PHONE TO COMPUTER PICTURES: HOW TO DOWNLOAD PICTURES FROM I-PHONE TO COMPUTER PICTURES*Moved from Office insider forum. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-pictures-from-i-phone-to-computer/315b8f3b-2a88-468c-a669-83e3177bf0bd
  4. downloading pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    downloading pictures: I want to download pictures from my phone to my computer. I have Windows 10. I want them to go to pictures but they go to Photos. How can I get them to download into pictures?...
  5. DOWNLOAD PICTURES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DOWNLOAD PICTURES: HOW DO I DOWNLOAD PICTURES FROM CANON CANERS TO COMPUTER FILES...THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-pictures/f56b37e2-332d-489b-8913-25ce2a36448d"
  6. how to download pictures from my phone to the computer

how to download pictures from my phone to the computer: download pictures from my phone to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-pictures-from-my-phone-to-the/ee15040c-b822-4400-a821-8f9c31ed9d5d"
  7. Downloading pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Downloading pictures: I am trying to download pictures from a Canon camera to my PC on Windows 10. Unsuccessfully. What are the steps to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-pictures/a5b10d80-764d-4150-b0e8-86d675bb42ed
  8. Download Picture

Download Picture: Suddenly when I try to download a picture I am told I do not have permission to save to that folder and to contact Administrator for permission. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-picture/2758b48e-9e6f-4c61-9edd-eb3d16913913"
  9. Picture downloads

Picture downloads: I download pictures from my camera to my pc and they showed up on my One Drive however when I searched my One Drive the pictures were not there. Help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-downloads/7058dbea-1c05-40eb-ae81-1515de1fd889"
  10. downloading pictures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    downloading pictures: I'm trying to download pictures to my computer and can't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/downloading-pictures/3da877cb-6e94-44af-9dca-43ea19163727