Windows 10: Downloading Windows 10 won't stop, over 4GB download

Discus and support Downloading Windows 10 won't stop, over 4GB download in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After I followed these steps: 1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder. 2. Now, run the command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Exhile, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Exhile Win User

Downloading Windows 10 won't stop, over 4GB download

After I followed these steps:

1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder.
    2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".
    3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch

Windows Update is stuck at 98% download of 2,085.1MB and won't stop downloading as I have task manager on. Anyone else having this same problem? It's been over 4.2GB download and I'm afraid to stop it.

:)

Exhile, Jul 28, 2015

2. windows 10 upgrade

My computer has 4GB of ram. My upgrade to Windows 10 is ready but won't download because it says need 5GB of space. Have run cleaner over and over but still get same answer. What do I do now?. I do not have very much computer knowledge

PAMWHITFORD, Jul 28, 2015
  3. My windows 10 down load installed, but at the end it just keeps flashing on and off the screen and won't stop. any suggestions

why won't my windows 10 download won't stop flashing on and off after the download.

JosephHaddaway, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Let it go. Some have reported 6GB+ downloaded. Just be patient and let it do it's thing.

Ztruker, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Exhile Win User
    I clicked on stop and windows update stopped but my computer continues to download. I restarted my computer and windows update began downloading again. windows update continued from 45% all the way to 95% and it's stuck there while still downloading. I'm going to restart my computer again and see what happens.

Exhile, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Downloading Windows 10 won't stop, over 4GB download - Similar Threads - Downloading won't stop

2. Windows 10 Updates Won't Download.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates Won't Download.: So I use a program called Netguard to block unwanted programs from accessing the internet. And By default I have it to block any newly installed programs trying to access the internet. I have the windows update service wuauserv to be allowed to access the internet and it...
  3. Windows 10 Updates Won't Download.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Updates Won't Download.: So I use a program called Netguard to block unwanted programs from accessing the internet. And By default I have it to block any newly installed programs trying to access the internet. I have the windows update service wuauserv to be allowed to access the internet and it...
  4. Windows 10 won't download;

Windows 10 won't download;: I built my pc last night and have being trying to get it to boot past a blue windows logo with no spinning dots. I boot through either a UEFI or USB and one of two things will happen. I either get stuck on an ASRock logo or the blue windows logo. I've been trying for the past...
  5. W10 DOWNLOADING 4GB ON METERED CONNECTION!!!!

W10 DOWNLOADING 4GB ON METERED CONNECTION!!!!: Though I switched off "automatically download updates" this always happen!! Installation doesn't work properly a program is corrupted and every time installation starts the pc crashes... I DON'T HAVE TIME TO BABYSITTER THE PC!!! I DON'T WANT UPDATES DOWNLOADED WITHOUT ASKING...
  6. Won't download?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Won't download?: Ark for windows 10 won't download on my pc. after about 100 mb of download, it says error. I have wiped my cash and i am very sure i purchased the game. any thoughts on how to fix?...
  7. My windows 10 won't download

My windows 10 won't download: I am soon buying a new pc, but I did not want to buy windows with it because i thought i could download it form an usb. I just tested it on my pc that im still using and when the download is complete is says that the pc has to restart. And when it restarts i get the "choose...
  8. My windows 10 won't download

in Windows 10 Support
    My windows 10 won't download: I am soon buying a new pc, but I did not want to buy windows with it because i thought i could download it form an usb. I just tested it on my pc that im still using and when the download is complete is says that the pc has to restart. And when it restarts i get the "choose...
  9. Minecraft for Windows 10 won't download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft for Windows 10 won't download: [ATTACH]I click on See Details... then this happens.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-for-windows-10-wont-download/dbbbb8c2-4c0d-40d4-9d44-e845457d6f10
  10. Download updates for Windows 10 - over and over - arrrggg

Download updates for Windows 10 - over and over - arrrggg: Hello People : Windows 7 Pro the update to Windows 10 Pro was going great until I received the dreaded " Something has happened Error " . Now the Download updates for Windows 10 is happening over and over - arrrggg . Looks like around 90 Gigs so far.... Ideas .... Thanks 12852