Windows 10: Downloads error "the signature of this program is corrupt or invalid"

Discus and support Downloads error "the signature of this program is corrupt or invalid" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, everything was working fine until today. Now, every download I attempt on Microsoft Edge comes up with the message "the signature of this program... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Booms, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Booms Win User

Downloads error "the signature of this program is corrupt or invalid"

Hi, everything was working fine until today. Now, every download I attempt on Microsoft Edge comes up with the message "the signature of this program is corrupt or invalid".
    I haven't made any changes to my PC, or installed any new software, and I cannot find any solutions to this.
    Does anyone know how to cure this, please?
    Many thanks. *Smile

:)

Booms, Feb 1, 2016

2. Error - Signature of the program is corrupt or invalid.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft in Community.

- Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?
    - Do you have the latest version of this software installed on the pc?
    - Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?
    - Is the issue specific to this program or software?

Lets perform a Clean boot and check if the issue persist.

When you start Microsoft Windows, typically there are several programs that start automatically and run in the background that may interfere with the program. These programs may include antivirus and system utility programs. When
    you perform a clean startup procedure, you prevent these programs from starting automatically.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot
    in the article to boot to normal startup.

Also suggest you install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Let us know if this helps.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 1, 2016
  3. Error - Signature of the program is corrupt or invalid.

Original title : signature invalid or corrupt.

I tried to Neat Scanner Software and it says that the signature of the program is corrupt or invalid, any help would be greatly appreciated

carlforman, Feb 1, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Use another browser such as the built-in IE11 or install a 3rd party browser such as Chrome and see if you have the same issue.

davidhk, Feb 1, 2016
  5. Booms Win User
    Chrome works fine. Internet Explorer is fine. It just seems to be a problem with Edge.

Booms, Feb 1, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    I am biased, I openly admit.
    I hate Edge and I will never use Edge.
    I have been using IE since the Vista days and I am not going to change browser.

That's all I will say before I am accused of inflaming a "lightning fast and wonderful Edge ".

I apologize I am unable to help you fixing problems in Edge.

davidhk, Feb 1, 2016
  7. Booms Win User
    No worries, not too keen on it myself.

Booms, Feb 1, 2016
  8. b1rd Win User

It's no fix, but I did find the following: (Dated 1.19.16)
    Ref HERE.

I know there was no mention of that particular software, but I'm only using it as an example of one possible cause.

b1rd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Downloads error "the signature of this program is corrupt or invalid" - Similar Threads - Downloads error signature

2. New laptop secure boot violation invalid signature error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop secure boot violation invalid signature error: Hello,I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix this, I bought the MSI GF65 laptop and it came with no OS, so I installed it Windows 10 after changing in the BIOS the boot mode to UEFI instead of UEFI + CSM since it was giving me a GPT error in the partition.After that windows...
  3. New laptop secure boot violation invalid signature error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop secure boot violation invalid signature error: Hello,I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix this, I bought the MSI GF65 laptop and it came with no OS, so I installed it Windows 10 after changing in the BIOS the boot mode to UEFI instead of UEFI + CSM since it was giving me a GPT error in the partition.After that windows...
  4. New laptop secure boot violation invalid signature error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Fix iTunes has an invalid signature error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix iTunes has an invalid signature error on Windows 10: If when you try to update iTunes to the latest version on your Windows 10 PC, you receive the error prompt with the message iTunes has an invalid signature, It will not be installed, then this post is intended to help you. In this post, we will offer the most suitable...
  6. Invalid signature detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Invalid signature detected: Hi I have received an error message when turning on my Lonovo desktop this morning. Invalid signature detected. Check secure boot policy in setup. Can anyone please advise?...
  7. Invalid Signature Detected

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Invalid Signature Detected: Hello everyone I have an ASUS Notebook, but I’m not sure if which version of Windows I have (7-10?). This morning my laptop automatically updated and after that a message saying “Invalid Signature Detected. Check boot policy in setup.” appeared. We looked it up online and...
  8. Invalid signature detected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Invalid signature detected: Cuando enciendo el ordenador, es un ACER - Windows 10, me sale un mensaje diciendo: Secure Boot Violation. Invalid signature detected. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup". Le doy OK y trabajo sin problema tanto en office como en Internet; o sea, no me da más problema que el...
  9. Invalid Signature - Error Code 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invalid Signature - Error Code 0xc0000428: Hello I have recently just had this happen on my Asus G751JL-T7003H, it is 3 years old but have never had any problems with it. One day the laptop whilst starting to boot opened with a blue screen which says. "Recovery. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The...
  10. The signature of ccsetup516.exe is corrupt or invalid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The signature of ccsetup516.exe is corrupt or invalid: Since yesterday every new program I try to download I get a message similar to the above ?????????? This is for CCleaner Any ideas Thanks 48101

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows download corrupt or invalid ms edge

2. downloads are corruped or invalid

3. download corrupt or invalid windows 10

4. windows 10 download signature corrupt or invalid