Windows 10: Downloads Folder has no location tab

Discus and support Downloads Folder has no location tab in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a very strange situation here. Under C: users my downloads folder has no location tab. I have moved desktop, music, pictures, videos to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by incloud, Feb 13, 2017.

1. incloud Win User

Downloads Folder has no location tab

I have a very strange situation here. Under C: users my downloads folder has no location tab.
    I have moved desktop, music, pictures, videos to another drive (E*Smile. Whats happening is I have a downloads folder and videos folder under this pc. Problem is that they both say videos and are acting as the same folder. If I put anything in either folder it shows in both. Also downloads are going to both. But I can't correct the issue without the location tab for downloads under c: users. Hope this is clear, as I'm very confused on why myself. Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and support!

Bobby C.

:)

incloud, Feb 13, 2017

2. Download Folders - Default C drive and Main F Data drive!

Thanks - but that didn't work.

I only get the Locations tab on when picking the Downloads folder Properties
    I want to make the default.
    ...on my Data drive.

However, the C:\ drive 'Downloads' folder does NOT have the locations tab under Properties and this is the one I want to either merge with the Data Drive folder, or ensure that this is NOT the main Downloads folder....

Cheers.

Flash_Gordon_2016, Feb 13, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Cannot restore path of a user shell folder (Downloads)

Create a folder on your D Drive called Downloads, set the location of your Downloads library to this folder, using the Right click - Properties - Location Tab - Location method, when asked if you want to merge files/folders, select No.

After that you should be able to reset the location to its default location . . .

DaveM121, Feb 13, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Bobby, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like something went wrong when you moved them causing this issue. If you like, you can use Option Two in the tutorial below to restore the affected folders back to their default location to start fresh with moving them.

Users Personal Folders - Restore Default Location in Windows 10

Brink, Feb 13, 2017
  5. incloud Win User
    Thank You! It appears I have gotten it straightened out but downloads are still going to Videos folder. How do you set the default downloads directory in 10?

incloud, Feb 13, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Correct. I would restore the default location of your "Downloads" folder first to see if that fixes it. If not, then you may also restore the "Videos" folder.

Brink, Feb 13, 2017
  7. incloud Win User
    My bad, it's through the browser and I had Chrome set to save to Videos somehow. Thanks for your help that was a much easier fix than I had expected.

incloud, Feb 13, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Great news. I'm glad you got it sorted. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Downloads Folder has no location tab - Similar Threads - Downloads Folder has

2. changing the location of the downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing the location of the downloads folder?: I accidentally moved the downloads folder to disk d without creating any files, and the entire disk d became downloads.The problem is that the files in the d folder are included in the downloads folder and I cannot move them back to the c disk because there is no space. Even...
  3. changing the location of the downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing the location of the downloads folder?: I accidentally moved the downloads folder to disk d without creating any files, and the entire disk d became downloads.The problem is that the files in the d folder are included in the downloads folder and I cannot move them back to the c disk because there is no space. Even...
  4. Problems with the downloads folder location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with the downloads folder location.: I tried to move my downloads folder to drive D but did not create a downloads directory in advance. Now all downloads go to the D root directory. I tried to reverse the process to the C drive but it won't let me. Now the D drive location says all files are being stored on the...
  5. Problems with the downloads folder location.

Problems with the downloads folder location.: I tried to move my downloads folder to drive D but did not create a downloads directory in advance. Now all downloads go to the D root directory. I tried to reverse the process to the C drive but it won't let me. Now the D drive location says all files are being stored on the...
  6. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab: When I click to downloads it take me to OneDrive folder, instead of download. My Download folder's location changed to OneDrive and I can't change this ,because location tab is not showing....
  7. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab: When I click to downloads it take me to OneDrive folder, instead of download. My Download folder's location changed to OneDrive and I can't change this ,because location tab is not showing....
  8. Download folder don't showing location tab and location tab

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. No Location Tab - Screenshots folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Location Tab - Screenshots folder: Hoping someone can help? I want to change the default folder where screenshots are saved. I've opened properties dialogue box to change the path - there is no location tab? Every help article I've researched refers to changing the saved path via the location tab? Any help...
  10. Changing downloads folder location

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing downloads folder location: I accidentally changed my downloads folder location to D:\ partition. I want to change it to a folder called DOWNLOADZ_NEW in D:\ partition, how do I do it? I'm using Windows 10 version 1909. (build 18363.628) This is how the downloads folder looks like in the left side...