Windows 10: Downloads will Save...I used to be able to open

Discus and support Downloads will Save...I used to be able to open in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I download a file in Firefox (latest ver), it states to SAVE. I would like it to give option to OPEN. It used to do give me a choice, but I must... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Silver0066, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Downloads will Save...I used to be able to open

When I download a file in Firefox (latest ver), it states to SAVE. I would like it to give option to OPEN. It used to do give me a choice, but I must have changed something.

Is there any way to get this option back?

Many thanks,

:)

Silver0066, Dec 5, 2015

2. Will i be able to save my pictures when i upgrade to windows 10

Hey ZekaxD,

Welcome to Microsoft forums.

As you have reserved your upgrade to Windows 10, it would be an "upgrade" not a "clean install".

So, your all files including programs and Pictures will remain Intact.However, if you do a "clean Install" your programs and Stuff from Drive C:/(or perhaps the Partition to which Windows is installed ) could be erased if you format it.

Hope it helps.DO reply back for any question.Please mark it as answer too.(if you can!)

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 5, 2015
  3. ZekaxD Win User
    Will i be able to save my pictures when i upgrade to windows 10

So i reserved my free copy of Windows 10, but im concerned about one fact: Will i be able to save my personal files, pictures, games?

ZekaxD, Dec 5, 2015
Thema:

Downloads will Save...I used to be able to open

1. Downloads will Save...I used to be able to open - Similar Threads - Downloads Save used

2. I am not able to save files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am not able to save files.: I am not able to save files using a number of applications. When using Reaper, -Newtemp is added to the file name, and I am asked if the path exists. When I open a new project and use the "Save as" the popup says File not found which is correct because I have not given the...
  3. I am not able to save files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to save files.: I am not able to save files using a number of applications. When using Reaper, -Newtemp is added to the file name, and I am asked if the path exists. When I open a new project and use the "Save as" the popup says File not found which is correct because I have not given the...
  4. I am not able to save files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I am not able to save files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. attachments have to be downloaded and saved. i used to be able to lcick on them, open them...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    attachments have to be downloaded and saved. i used to be able to lcick on them, open them...: When i click on an attachment now or a photo, instead of it opening it required me to save it first in windows and I don't want to do that. I want to OPEN it and then save it as I choose. It used to do that. I would click on the photo, once opened, and then choose save as....
  7. attachments have to be downloaded and saved. i used to be able to lcick on them, open them...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    attachments have to be downloaded and saved. i used to be able to lcick on them, open them...: When i click on an attachment now or a photo, instead of it opening it required me to save it first in windows and I don't want to do that. I want to OPEN it and then save it as I choose. It used to do that. I would click on the photo, once opened, and then choose save as....
  8. attachments have to be downloaded and saved. i used to be able to lcick on them, open them...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I want to open downloaded files without saving them. Was able to do this until your...

I want to open downloaded files without saving them. Was able to do this until your...: I want to open downloaded files without saving them. Was able to do this until your updates were installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-open-downloaded-files-without-saving/147d725b-3d1c-42b2-9bd6-7c77d6b53ec6
  10. Not able to save or open files

Not able to save or open files: Hello everyone . I bought a brand new windows 10 laptop to go along with with a new guitar amplifier I purchased . The amplifier comes with free software to download . The software ( BLACKSTAR INSIDER } is a very valuable tool for downloading amp setting patches that I can...