Windows 10: Downloads

Discus and support Downloads in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is it possible to stop any files accessed via download links from downloading automatically to the "downloads" folder. In Win 7 I was given options... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by carrotmuseum, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Downloads

Is it possible to stop any files accessed via download links from downloading automatically to the "downloads" folder. In Win 7 I was given options BEFORE download - open - save as.

This is particularly annoying with pdf reports, which often I just want to read on line but not download then have to delete.

:)

carrotmuseum, Nov 6, 2015

2. Unable to upload and download word documents and power point presentations

Since downloading Windows 10, I cannot download Microsoft Office PowerPoints or some Word documents from the internet -- not even a PowerPoint I created and uploaded to my own website. Any explanations? Any solutions? Much appreciated.

Blocked Downloads, Nov 6, 2015
  3. pockit Win User
    Downloads.. Downloads.. Downloads on IE?

Screen shots are a great way to get pictures from IE

pockit, Nov 6, 2015
Thema:

Downloads

1. Downloads - Similar Threads - Downloads

2. trying to download minecraft for the first time on pc windows 10 and it keeps saying there...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to download minecraft for the first time on pc windows 10 and it keeps saying there...: my problem is that ive paid for minecraft and its not allowing me to play or even open minecraft without it saying theres an issue and i havebeen stuck with this that comes up and doesnt do anything either...
  3. trying to download minecraft for the first time on pc windows 10 and it keeps saying there...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trying to download minecraft for the first time on pc windows 10 and it keeps saying there...: my problem is that ive paid for minecraft and its not allowing me to play or even open minecraft without it saying theres an issue and i havebeen stuck with this that comes up and doesnt do anything either...
  4. Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.: One day my system decided to look normal, login screen was great, until it wasn't. It goes black... after I login, I don't know if I'm effecting the eventual operation of it by my LOGO+CTL+SHIFT+B, but it does turn the display on after 30-45 minutes. The other stuff...I don't...
  5. Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.

Why can't I download/install, and my screen turns black after login. ERROR CODE 0x80070005.: One day my system decided to look normal, login screen was great, until it wasn't. It goes black... after I login, I don't know if I'm effecting the eventual operation of it by my LOGO+CTL+SHIFT+B, but it does turn the display on after 30-45 minutes. The other stuff...I don't...
  6. Fallout 76 Game from Microsoft Store Download Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout 76 Game from Microsoft Store Download Failure: I received a product code from Amazon Prime for the Fallout 76 game in the Microsoft Store. I went to the Microsoft Store and redeemed the code to purchase the game for $0.00. I then clicked on Download and nothing happened. I clicked repeatedly, and nothing happened. I have...
  7. Fallout 76 Game from Microsoft Store Download Failure

Fallout 76 Game from Microsoft Store Download Failure: I received a product code from Amazon Prime for the Fallout 76 game in the Microsoft Store. I went to the Microsoft Store and redeemed the code to purchase the game for $0.00. I then clicked on Download and nothing happened. I clicked repeatedly, and nothing happened. I have...
  8. How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?: I have windows 10, and cannot delete this file from my Downloads folder:Abstract 4629_ Expression of cancer-associated proliferating cell nuclear antigen caPCNA in various stages and types of neoplasia breast, cervix, colon, gastric, lung, ovary, thyroid, and uterus _ Cancer...
  9. How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?: I have windows 10, and cannot delete this file from my Downloads folder:Abstract 4629_ Expression of cancer-associated proliferating cell nuclear antigen caPCNA in various stages and types of neoplasia breast, cervix, colon, gastric, lung, ovary, thyroid, and uterus _ Cancer...
  10. How to delete file with a long name from Downloads folder?