Windows 10: DPC _Watchdog_Violation error in Windows 10 while playing games on my laptop

Discus and support DPC _Watchdog_Violation error in Windows 10 while playing games on my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys, a Few weeks back I was playing PUBG on my Windows 10 laptop. Suddenly a blue screen popped up with a sad face and some error text i.e. DPC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmyVanDan, Jul 25, 2018.

1. AmyVanDan Win User

DPC _Watchdog_Violation error in Windows 10 while playing games on my laptop

Hi Guys, a Few weeks back I was playing PUBG on my Windows 10 laptop. Suddenly a blue screen popped up with a sad face and some error text i.e. DPC _Watchdog_Violation error.

If you regularly update your Windows 10 operating system than there is no chance you will get this error. So always update your Windows 10 to the latest so that all Windows enhancements and fixes can be applied to your system.

DPC _Watchdog_Violation error in Windows 10 while playing games on my laptop 1f195cb9-2e26-44ad-a028-137a4f25da92?upload=true.jpg

I searched for the error and found that this error occurs due to incompatible SSD drivers that comes with the Windows 10 Operating system.

So today i thought to write a solution for this error. If you are facing the same issue, then here is how you can fix DPC Watchdog Violation error.

• The first thing you want to do is open the Device Manager in Windows 10. Just go to Cortana and search for Device Manager.
    • Once you have it on your screen, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers as you can see in the below screenshot.

DPC _Watchdog_Violation error in Windows 10 while playing games on my laptop 23c2849f-9ea0-48df-9ed0-800a1c618897?upload=true.png

• Now right click Standard SATA AHCI Controller and click on Properties.

DPC _Watchdog_Violation error in Windows 10 while playing games on my laptop 572b69b0-352a-4046-b1b4-6d495d94df7e?upload=true.png

• Now go to Driver tab and click on Driver Details

DPC _Watchdog_Violation error in Windows 10 while playing games on my laptop 9fa269da-f344-4da0-a4d9-2380c90735a5?upload=true.png

• Make sure that the driver listed is iaStorA.sys and click OK

DPC _Watchdog_Violation error in Windows 10 while playing games on my laptop 155b6ecf-769e-4379-8318-fc13cb8f5185?upload=true.png

• Now click on Update Drivers

DPC _Watchdog_Violation error in Windows 10 while playing games on my laptop a1d394c0-adef-406c-8fb4-ea4f1efa675a?upload=true.png

• Select “Browse my computer for driver software" in the next window.
    • Next, select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer“.
    • Select Standard SATA AHCI Controller and click Next

DPC _Watchdog_Violation error in Windows 10 while playing games on my laptop eaba83c0-d4ef-4a82-87cb-dfd79243652f?upload=true.png

• In few seconds your SATA AHCI driver will get updated.

DPC _Watchdog_Violation error in Windows 10 while playing games on my laptop 639e7409-781d-4515-b9d1-da45376cf3c8?upload=true.png

That's it now RESTART your system once and the DPC_Watchdog_Violation in Windows 10 is fixed.

Over to you...

Let me know if this simple solution fixed the blue screen of death. Also, there is an online Bluescreen Error Troubleshooting tool from Microsoft that you can always use to further troubleshoot. >> HERE

All the screenshots are taken from this blog.

Do upvote if this is helpful DPC _Watchdog_Violation error in Windows 10 while playing games on my laptop :)

:)

AmyVanDan, Jul 25, 2018
  2. mattyb_98 Win User

DPC _WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Ever since I first built my PC in early 2016, I have been having the DPC _WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen where my PC would completely lock up/freeze on its current screen and the only way to switch it off/restart is by physically pulling the plug out the
    wall.

This error only happens when I am gaming, some games more frequent than others and some games it never happens. If I leave my PC after it has frozen for a few minutes the blue screen will come up but even that will freeze after a while. This error has occurred
    before and after I have upgraded my graphics card, hard drive and installed an SSD drive.

I have been through all of my installed drivers and trying updating them all and I have tried the SATA AHCI Controller fix to no effect. I have no clue what to do now. Help would be appreciated.

System Specs

CPU: Intel i5 6400

RAM: 8GB

Graphics: GTX 1070

mattyb_98, Jul 25, 2018
  3. BSOD issues in video scheduler internal error and DPC watchdog violation

Hello,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues. The DPC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error typically means that either an ISR
    is hung at an IRQL that is below clock level and above dispatch level, or a DPC routine is hung on the specified processor.

For us to better assist you with your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Identify the games that you're running when you've encountered the said blue screen error.

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article to troubleshoot blue screen issues
    on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 25, 2018
  4. DPC _Watchdog_Violation error in Windows 10 while playing games on my laptop

BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

DPC _Watchdog_Violation error in Windows 10 while playing games on my laptop

1. DPC _Watchdog_Violation error in Windows 10 while playing games on my laptop - Similar Threads - DPC _Watchdog_Violation error

2. Laptop SHUTDOWNING while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop SHUTDOWNING while playing games: My pc gets shutdown while playing games Only games not any other optional software are facing the same issue I even tried installing windows still its not Fixing the problems...
  3. Laptop SHUTDOWNING while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop SHUTDOWNING while playing games: My pc gets shutdown while playing games Only games not any other optional software are facing the same issue I even tried installing windows still its not Fixing the problems...
  4. DPC _WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC _WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: My computer crashes usually within 20 minutes of startup and gives this error, after a reboot it is fine for the rest of the day but on the next day same issue repeats....
  5. DPC _WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

DPC _WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: My computer crashes usually within 20 minutes of startup and gives this error, after a reboot it is fine for the rest of the day but on the next day same issue repeats....
  6. My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.

My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.: My GPU is crashing while playing games. Screens flicker after 10 seconds of Nvidia GPU comes to use and it just vanishes from the taskbar and task manager. After the restart, it comes back and the same thing happens when launching games.I had used DDU then also nothing...
  7. My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop gpu is crashing while playing games.: My GPU is crashing while playing games. Screens flicker after 10 seconds of Nvidia GPU comes to use and it just vanishes from the taskbar and task manager. After the restart, it comes back and the same thing happens when launching games.I had used DDU then also nothing...
  8. My Windows 10 laptop crashed while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 laptop crashed while playing games: CPU: AMD A8-4500M APU BIOS: American Megatrends Inc., 217,9-7-2012 RAM:: 4GB OS recently upgraded to Windows 10 v2004 (OS Build 19041.508) Laptop crashed while playing Microsoft Solitare Collection The log file is attached here. Please let me know the reason for crash and...
  9. while playing games my laptop freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    while playing games my laptop freezes: My lenovo yoga laptop was fine at first, i have only had it for a month. I play roblox alot so I thought it was roblox that was the issue. My screen would start freezing and my mouse pointer would disappear and get stuck. Only until just when I'm writing this is when the...
  10. Windows 10 error while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 error while playing games: Hi there, My system is Intel Core I3 3110M, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 4GB Ram, Windows 10 LTSB Kinda old, right? When I’m playing Roblox, sometimes Roblox freeze, anythings stopped, and then It isn’t responding anymore. I upgraded my graphics card to the newest, or set...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. getting dpc watchdog when i try to play older game

2. my pc auto restart while playing watchdog

3. dpc watchdog while playing minecraft

4. how to fix dpc watchdog violation while playing games,
  5. dpc_watchdog_violation happend when playing video,
  6. dpc watchdog violation windows 10 games,
  7. dpc watchdog bluescreen when playing a game,
  8. watchdog violation while playing eso,
  9. dpc watchdog violations while gaming,
  10. DPC Watchdog Violation after running a game on my system,
  11. dpc watchdog when playing games,