Windows 10: DPC issues!

Discus and support DPC issues! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! new to the forum, and I am having a similar issue and wondering if someone here could help me. What I did about two weeks ago: -Installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pho3nix, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Pho3nix Win User

DPC issues!

Hello! new to the forum, and I am having a similar issue and wondering if someone here could help me.

What I did about two weeks ago:

-Installed Windows updates ("mandatory" these days because of Win10...)
    -Updated my firewall (Zonealarm)
    -Updater my antivirus (Avira Antivir)
    -Vacuumed the underside of my laptop (which I do quite regularly)

The result: I left my laptop idle for about 4-5 hours as I was out drinking Friday night, came home and turned it off after browsing Youtube. The next morning I turned it on and immediately notice that something is wrong... I hear audio crackling / lagging whenever I'm opening websites, especially heavy ones like NatGeo.com and whatnot - and not only that, the mouse cursor itself lags behind sometimes as if my CPU suddenly would not be able to handle having 5-6 tabs open in Firefox while opening a 7th for example. Have not had any issues before this. It really takes the joy away from surfing the web and listening to music at the same time (as a note using Foobar and Spotify for my music listening). Incredibly frustrating. *Mad

Anyone have any ideas? my worst fear is that I've permanently damaged my CPU fan since the vacuuming probably made it spin faster than It's supposed to, but I have no idea how to confirm this. Could Windows update screw these things up? or my Zonealarm / Antivir updates? really seems odd since I've _never_ had any issues before. The laptop I'm using (Acer Aspire V3-571G) is about 2½ / 3 years old by now, and has worked flawlessly up to this point.

Any help is appreciated! cheers

:)

Pho3nix, Mar 23, 2016

2. DPC Latency High

Hi,

Check these:

Solving DPC Latency Issues - Download Latency Monitor and DPC Latency Checker

Solving DPC Latency Issues - SweetCare | Sweetwater

DPC Latency Checker

Troubleshoot Driver Problems Using DPC Latency Checker - Windows Tutorials

DPC Latency Checker - Download

DPC Latency Checker

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Mar 23, 2016
  3. JonAPC Win User
    Windows 10 DPC latency issue with ndis & tcpip.sys

I've been fighting this DPC issues for years and doing a google search for something regarding DPC, but I found a simple fix. The problem was when I installed AVG. DPC didn't start right away (it took months) then I started doing all the disable this and
    that and no solution. So, I decided to start tracking down programs (applications/software) and AVG was one of the programs that would cause DPC issues.

I found a website regarding NDIS DPC issues with antiviruses with firewalls. First I tried disabling Web protection and Firewall and restarted and it lasted a week (normally 3 days) before DPC started. I went back to the site and found a solution that fixed
    my problem, it told me this,

Press Windows+R.

Typed NCPA.CPL

Right click on your ethernet and clicked Properties

Untick AVG network filter driver

Clicked OK

Restart

2 weeks late, no issues. 0.

I re-enabled web protection and firewall and still no issues.

JonAPC, Mar 23, 2016
  4. theo54au Win User

DPC issues!

To isolate any hardware damages you could try a System Restore to a point before the update.
    (Provided that System Restore is turned on as by default it is turned off in Windows 10 for some unexplained reason *Mad )

theo54au, Mar 27, 2016
  5. Pho3nix Win User
    That was my first thought, but for some reason the restore point I created manually just prior to the re-boot was gone when I checked. I blame this on the max disk space usage of the SR being at 2GB (a mere 1%), I changed it to 50%).

Pho3nix, Apr 5, 2016
  6. I would first look at Avira and/or Zone Alarm as you stated those were both updated. Maybe remove one and see how things act. Also, pull the battery out and unplug the laptop. With both the battery out and computer unplugged, hold in the power button for 10 seconds. Leave the battery out and then plug in the unit and turn on and see how it behaves.

cflusflwfl, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

DPC issues!

1. DPC issues! - Similar Threads - DPC issues

2. DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION - tracking down issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION - tracking down issues: DPC Watchdog violation - bsod - 1min to 4 days between issue, causing freeze for 3-5mins, then restarting.041024-8656-01.zipAny help to understand what is causing the issue is appreciated...
  3. DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION - tracking down issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION - tracking down issues: DPC Watchdog violation - bsod - 1min to 4 days between issue, causing freeze for 3-5mins, then restarting.041024-8656-01.zipAny help to understand what is causing the issue is appreciated...
  4. My computer keeps blue screening die to several issues the main one being dpc watchdog...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps blue screening die to several issues the main one being dpc watchdog...: My computer randomly 2 weeks ago started blue screening with the issue dpc watchdog violation i tried to fix it and it worked for 3 days and since then ive used a ddu and reinstalled my graphics drivers several times. Its gotten so bad i had a critical error and it reset my...
  5. My computer keeps blue screening die to several issues the main one being dpc watchdog...

My computer keeps blue screening die to several issues the main one being dpc watchdog...: My computer randomly 2 weeks ago started blue screening with the issue dpc watchdog violation i tried to fix it and it worked for 3 days and since then ive used a ddu and reinstalled my graphics drivers several times. Its gotten so bad i had a critical error and it reset my...
  6. Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions: Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-have-a-issue-of-dpc-watchdog-violation-need/878533ba-3f7e-41a8-abe2-0989eec34e15
  7. Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions

Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions: Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-have-a-issue-of-dpc-watchdog-violation-need/878533ba-3f7e-41a8-abe2-0989eec34e15
  8. Hi i have a issue of DPC watchdog violation need urgent resolutions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. DPC And General Latency Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC And General Latency Issues: Hey all, i've started having latency and stuttering problems about a month ago august 2023 and ever since i've tried so many different fixes online including bios update, disabling and re-enabling devices in device manager, downloading new drivers for audio and wifi and a...
  10. DPC And General Latency Issues

DPC And General Latency Issues: Hey all, i've started having latency and stuttering problems about a month ago august 2023 and ever since i've tried so many different fixes online including bios update, disabling and re-enabling devices in device manager, downloading new drivers for audio and wifi and a...