Windows 10: DPC latency RME Babyface Pro

Discus and support DPC latency RME Babyface Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone, so recently I did a complete OS upgrade to Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I have already gone through my BIOS and tweaked everything as this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eox08, Jan 15, 2016.

1. eox08 Win User

DPC latency RME Babyface Pro

Hey everyone, so recently I did a complete OS upgrade to Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I have already gone through my BIOS and tweaked everything as this machine is my DAW but I am having some issues with the audio cracking and popping on my RME Babyface Pro. I get bad pops using 128-256 samples and relatively bad at 512 and the occasional at 1024.

Now, I am running an intel i7 3770k (not oc'd) with an SSD for my main OS and 3 other hard drivers for my samples, backups, and VST's. I have noticed that when I am working in a project (Reason rewired into Reaper) the audio stops crackling/popping when I minimize all of the windows but the audio is still playing. Granted there is the occasional pop here and there but the moment I maximize any of the windows of the programs the audio goes to heck. Is this an issue due to GPU? I have had this issue on my 780gtx as well as when I run the integrated intel hd 4000 gpu (with the gtx 780 completely out of the mobo). I would sincerely appreciate any sort of help as I have been battling with this for weeks now.

:)

eox08, Jan 15, 2016
  2. bowzin Win User

Wdf01000.sys Latency - Windows 10

No haven't messed with it in a while. I have an HP Omen laptop with a quad-core (8 threads) processor. I was considering switching to an RME Babyface Pro for the better RME drivers. What I really would like to do is expand to an RME Digiface USB setup, but
    that's just an interface and you have to connect your own outboard AD and DA separately but it would ultimately mean more channels. But even if RME's drivers are able to overcome some things and make it more usable, that doesn't change this driver from spiking
    on my laptop, obviously something's wrong. I think before I do anything, I need to bite the bullet and do a full Windows re-install without any of the bloatware. Big pain in the neck.

bowzin, Jan 15, 2016
  3. DPC Latency High

Hi,

Check these:

Solving DPC Latency Issues - Download Latency Monitor and DPC Latency Checker

Solving DPC Latency Issues - SweetCare | Sweetwater

DPC Latency Checker

Troubleshoot Driver Problems Using DPC Latency Checker - Windows Tutorials

DPC Latency Checker - Download

DPC Latency Checker

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jan 15, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

I have a Sonar (Platinum version) studio, with a Roland Octa-Capture. I have an i7 3770 with 16GB of RAM and an SSD for OS and Sonar. I was able to get better latency with Win 10 than I had with Win 7 or Win 8/8.1. I went from 6ms to 4ms (reliable) latency.

Most of the posts I see on recording forums, including Gearslutz.com and the Cakewalk Sonar are positive for Win 10.

Run the Resplendence Latency Mon and see what that tells you. The DPC Latency checker is invalid for 8/8.1/10 so don't use that.
    Resplendence Software - LatencyMon: suitability checker for real-time audio and other tasks

One thing that I do when I record is to disable the network adapter. I've always done that, even on older OS'.

fireberd, Jan 15, 2016
  5. maarkr Win User
    ?new RME drivers for Win 10? new vid card and mobo drivers for Win 10? i can imagine the onboard graphics affecting your CPU, but not the 780gtx... what CPU use does your DAW show?

maarkr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DPC latency RME Babyface Pro - Similar Threads - DPC latency RME

2. Administrator privilege? // Asio driver issue RME BABYFACE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator privilege? // Asio driver issue RME BABYFACE: Hello, i have an issue with the access to the asio driver of my RME BABYFACE. Please let me describe the situation : - when i start windows 10, the drivers are recognized by the default software that RME provides called TotalMix. My RME BABYFACE is also recognized in the...
  3. Administrator privilege? // Asio driver issue RME BABYFACE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator privilege? // Asio driver issue RME BABYFACE: Hello, i have an issue with the access to the asio driver of my RME BABYFACE. Please let me describe the situation : - when i start windows 10, the drivers are recognized by the default software that RME provides called TotalMix. My RME BABYFACE is also recognized in the...
  4. Administrator privilege? // Asio driver issue RME BABYFACE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DPC Latency Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC Latency Help: Hi! I am experiencing heavy input delay whilst gaming and even on the desktop. As a competitive gamer, this makes playing games extremely unenjoyable and essentially unplayable as my mouse has no precision and feels floaty. I have tried a variety of hardware replacements...
  6. DPC Latency problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC Latency problems: Hi, over the last few days out of the blue I started to hear weird crackling and popping noises during video and audio playback, I tried to investigate and check to see what the problem was myself, I stumbled upon LatencyMon that test DPC Latency, seems that my problem is due...
  7. Dpc latency

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dpc latency: Hi Guys, For a while now I've had popping and clicking from my headset and crackling when in games. I downloaded Latencymon and found that if I disable one of my drives ( I've 2 ssd and a hdd) the latency stays green. I've done this for over an hour twice with the hdd...
  8. High DPC latency

in Windows 10 Customization
    High DPC latency: I use my Dell XPS for recording and live playback but the system suffers from high DPC latency caused by ACPI driver. I removed Dell audio drivers and installed those from RealTek with no avail. Latency is an issue because I need this computer for live recording. Please your...
  9. DPC latency tests. High latency?

DPC latency tests. High latency?: Hello *Smile I have done some latency tests on my computer after I began to get some audio popping in my headphones. I have had this problem for a few months now. I cant seem to understand if my results are okay or not, which is why Im asking you. No games was running while...
  10. Terrible DPC Latency

Terrible DPC Latency: Hey guys, I am using an Acer VN7 791G gaming notebook with: - Core i5 4210M - GTX 860M - 8 gigs of ddr3 - no ssd - win10 64 My problems: - Mild slowness in general. - Constant delay of audio when playing videos, both streams and downloaded videos, movies etc....