Windows 10: DPC latency tests. High latency?

Discus and support DPC latency tests. High latency? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello *Smile I have done some latency tests on my computer after I began to get some audio popping in my headphones. I have had this problem for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joakia, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Joakia Win User

DPC latency tests. High latency?

Hello *Smile I have done some latency tests on my computer after I began to get some audio popping in my headphones. I have had this problem for a few months now. I cant seem to understand if my results are okay or not, which is why Im asking you. No games was running while the latency test was on.

I have uploaded some pictures below. (as attachments) It would have been nice if anyone could tell me if something if wrong. I have already tried to reinstall all Nvidea drivers. Also the network drivers. It seems directX graphics Kernel (Microsoft corporation) and Kernel mode driver framework runtime (microsoft corporation) is the main problem. I have experienced that the latency has gone gone much higher than the pictures showed. (up to 2ms) The wierd thing is that my friend is getting around 50% lower latency than me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
    CPU: Intel i5 7600K (no OC)
    GPU: Nvidea Geforce 1070 (no OC)
    MB: MSI Z270M

:)

Joakia, Nov 19, 2017

2. Windows 10 High Dpc Latency

Windows 10 High Dpc Latency please help me someone

donnieadler, Nov 19, 2017
  3. Windows 10 High Dpc Latency

I believe DPC Latency Checker does not support WIN 10. Please try LatencyMon and check.

I had this issue so thought of sharing.

GypsySoul13, Nov 19, 2017
  4. DPC latency tests. High latency?

Explain this popping noise a little further. Is the audio cable plugged in fully and does it touch anything that may be creating static?

LatencyMon says you passed their testing. *Zip

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 20, 2017
  5. Joakia Win User
    The audio cable is fully plugged in. Its wired together with a few other cables to make my system look clean. The thing is, when the audio popping is coming, I see a small jump in Latencymon. Not a huge one. This popping sound does not come often. It mostly comes when gaming GPU demanding games while speaking with my friends on Discord. (voicechat) *Think I have to do some more testing. Im still not 100% sure of when the popping is at its worst.

Joakia, Nov 20, 2017
  6. Plankton Win User
    Since this only happens when you're gaming and then only when you're using Discord.....as a test I would try a different voicechat software and see if it still happens. Are you using a headset when this popping happens?

Plankton, Nov 20, 2017
  7. fireberd Win User
    The DPC Latency Checker is invalid for Win 10. Latency Mon shows system does not have any DPC Latency problems.

Wi-Fi is a known cause of the problem you are having. Does it only happen with on-line apps?

fireberd, Nov 20, 2017
  8. Joakia Win User

After a while testing and reinstalling different softwares and drivers on my PC, I found out that the equlizer for my headphones was the main problem. (why didnt I think of that before?) *Tongue Also, turning the heater and lights in my room on and off also leads to my headphones "popping". Which is very wierd. I hope its not harming my computer.

But anyways, thank you all for your answers. *Smile

Joakia, Nov 20, 2017
  9. That actually isn't that strange as you may think it is. Electrical interference can greatly change the sound being sent to your headphones. Was one of the reasons I asked if the wires were touching. *Wink

One of the ways to stop the items in your room from interfering with the PC is by using a UPC/Backup Battery.

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 21, 2017
  10. Joakia Win User
    Thanks *Smile Im definitely going to look after one.

One problem with my house is that its very old, which means most of my outlets are not grounded. Do you think plugging an UPS/UPC into an non grounded outlet is OK/safe?

Joakia, Nov 21, 2017
  11. You mean use an adapter from a two-prong to a 3-pronged? Technically those are grounded through the electrical box if you install the adapter correctly.

I am not an electrician, so I can't answer your question fully. I personally wouldn't plug it into a wall outlet that would require an adapter.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DPC latency tests. High latency? - Similar Threads - DPC latency tests

2. High DPC latency dxgkrnl.sys and nvlddmkm.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High DPC latency dxgkrnl.sys and nvlddmkm.sys: Hi,I have recently bvuilt a new PC, but it's unplayable due to high DPC latency. I've had this for over a month now and I've done everything:Updated latest BiosIn Bios I've disabled onboard graphics, sound, wifi, serial connector, network, stack and power saving...
  3. Audio cracking and high dpc latency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio cracking and high dpc latency: I have been struggling to solve an issue with audio cracking and popping on my pc. Using latency mon it is showing that ndis.sys is the highest dpc routine and that dxgkrnl.sys is the highest isr routine but sometimes when I'm having the audio issues latency mon doesn't...
  4. Audio cracking and high dpc latency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio cracking and high dpc latency: I have been struggling to solve an issue with audio cracking and popping on my pc. Using latency mon it is showing that ndis.sys is the highest dpc routine and that dxgkrnl.sys is the highest isr routine but sometimes when I'm having the audio issues latency mon doesn't...
  5. Dpc latency

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dpc latency: Hi Guys, For a while now I've had popping and clicking from my headset and crackling when in games. I downloaded Latencymon and found that if I disable one of my drives ( I've 2 ssd and a hdd) the latency stays green. I've done this for over an hour twice with the hdd...
  6. High DPC latency in windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High DPC latency in windows 10: Recently, I have updated windows to version 2004 and i have found the DPC latency to rise. I used LatencyMon application to check the DPC latency and found the main problematic drivers are ndis.sys, acpi.sys, Hdaudbus.sys and dxgkrnl.sys. Here are the links to latencyMon and...
  7. High DPC Latency - Computer freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High DPC Latency - Computer freezing: [ATTACH]Hello, My computer show a high DPC Latency and its cutting sound and freezing all time, how can i solve this? Already did sfc /scan now and the result shows that all normal, no integrity violation, my video card driver is updated. Can u help me? I had formated my...
  8. High DPC Latency

High DPC Latency: Hi everyone! Lately, I've been facing such a high DPC latency and it's annoying so much. I'm currently using an Inspiron 14 5458 with Windows 1909. Drivers are all updated I used latencymon to check what was wrong and I see something wrong with ACPI.sys and ndis.sys. I...
  9. High DPC latency

in Windows 10 Customization
    High DPC latency: I use my Dell XPS for recording and live playback but the system suffers from high DPC latency caused by ACPI driver. I removed Dell audio drivers and installed those from RealTek with no avail. Latency is an issue because I need this computer for live recording. Please your...
  10. High DPC/ ISR Latency

High DPC/ ISR Latency: Hello community, So by way of background, for a while now I have experienced issues regarding audio crackles and pops. This primarily occurs when using Cubase 9.5 but also exists outside of the software too, occasionally. After searching for solutions, I came across...