Windows 10: DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD While Watching Youtube

Discus and support DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD While Watching Youtube in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been experiencing many BSODs while browsing Youtube videos. They are all of the DPC Watchdog Violation variety. I have searched through this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zesty, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Zesty Win User

DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD While Watching Youtube

I have been experiencing many BSODs while browsing Youtube videos. They are all of the DPC Watchdog Violation variety. I have searched through this site previously as I know there are many people experiencing the same problem but I felt it would be easier if I provided with my own personal minidump files and computer specs. I have tried some solutions already found on the site with varying success. My most helpful fix only lasted about 4 hours before I saw another BSOD. This should highlight the severity of my problem. I would really appreciate if someone could help me as I have been experiencing this problem for over a month now.

ASUS X555LAB
    Intel i5 5200U

If other info is required I can find it if someone directs me to it.

Thanks in advance*Smile

Attachment 152590

:)

Zesty, Sep 9, 2017
  2. LukeH0504 Win User

Stop Error Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

I was watching some normal YouTube videos and then my laptop suddenly went to an OSoD (Orange Screen of Death). The stop error was DPC Watchdog Violation and it was caused by ntoskrnl.exe. This is the third time I have seen this error and they all happened
    while watching youtube. This is the first time it has been orange however.

LukeH0504, Sep 9, 2017
  3. mjlaw201 Win User
    BSOD- DPC Watchdog violation

Bought a new HP laptop with Windows 10 two weeks ago. Have been getting the BSOD stating DPC Watchdog Violation while watching Youtube. Also happened once with Netflix. Already tried updating all of the drivers in device manager. Here is a link to my
    DMP files.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuFmms9ImEHugTjJY90G1M7lulwh

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mjlaw201, Sep 9, 2017
  4. Spectrum Win User

There are no crash dumps in the zip you attached. Please check if there are crash dumps in C:\Windows\Mindump\ or if C:\Windows\memory.dmp exists.

Upload minidumps as an attachment here; if memory.dmp exists, and it was created recently, compress it and upload it to google drive/one drive/<your favorite file host>.

Spectrum, Sep 9, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste: slmgr /dlv

Please post an image of the results into the thread or post a share link using one drive or drop box

zbook, Sep 9, 2017
  6. Zesty Win User
    Hi Spectrum I have looked in both the locations you listed but could not find any traces of anything. I know of what you speak of and have used BlueScreenView before to find such files. Recently however, I have not been getting any minidumps on that program either.

Zesty, Sep 9, 2017
  7. Zesty Win User
    Hi zbook I have done what you asked but since I am not a computer expert, I would appreciate it if you told me what you were trying to attempt.*Smile

Attachment 152612

Zesty, Sep 9, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

Theres a tool which is used to bypass the activation of microsoft products. If you are sure you did not use a tool like this, maybe a friend or store tech did it without your knowledge.

Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

One of the main reasons for this is that the act of pirating the software will inevitably change the working of the software and make investigation and repair impossible. Please install a legitimate copy of the software and if you are still experiencing the issue we will be pleased to assist - No further assistance will be provided until we are satisfied that the software is genuine.

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    licensingdiag.exe -report "%userprofile%\Desktop\Genuine.txt" -log "%userprofile%\Desktop\repfiles.cab"&del "%userprofile%\Desktop\repfiles.cab" /Q

Post the results into the thread or use a one drive or drop box share link.

zbook, Sep 9, 2017
  9. Zesty Win User
    Hi I am unsure of any illegally obtained software on this computer so I am quite worried as to what is happening at this point.*Shock I have provided the link to the file produced by the command below.

Genuine.txt - Google Drive

Zesty, Sep 9, 2017
  10. Zesty Win User
    Now I'm really worried is there some sort of problem?

Zesty, Sep 9, 2017
  11. Zesty Win User
    Hi is there anyone that can help me with this I'm thoroughly confused with whats happening now and I would really appreciate some clarification on my BSOD or whatever just happened above.

Please?

Zesty, Sep 10, 2017
  12. Spectrum Win User
    Spectrum, Sep 10, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

There is activation diverting software on the computer.
    Help can only be provided once all piracy software has been removed.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD While Watching Youtube - Similar Threads - DPC Watchdog Violation

2. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube videos: Hello, I've been getting DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD while watching youtube. It has happened twice now last week. Before the BSOD my laptop will freeze with a loud buzzing noise. Last month I also experienced BSODs but with a different error code. Last month's code was Kernel...
  3. BSOD when I was watching a YouTube video DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

BSOD when I was watching a YouTube video DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION: I faced the BSOD several each time watch video on youtube or vimeo. Basically online videos. Then I updated my nvidia driver and it resolved for few hours maybe. Then again this s happening. I tried to go to device manager and update drivers IDE ATA/ATAPI controller, Tried...
  4. BSOD DPC-Watchdog Violation when watching youtube or playing spotify

BSOD DPC-Watchdog Violation when watching youtube or playing spotify: Many apologies if this is a duplicate somewhere as my laptop is a Gateway so doing a forum search only turns up tons of network gateway results... This started back in June or so, but is becoming more and more frequent each week. Whenever I watch videos from the internet I...
  5. DPC Watchdog violations while watching Youtube, caused by HAL

DPC Watchdog violations while watching Youtube, caused by HAL: This comes in waves, it'll cause problems consistently for weeks, and then be fine for a while. I'm in the middle of another wave. Watching Youtube in Chrome, not every single time but often enough (sometimes once a day, sometimes multiple times in an hour). Attempting to...
  6. BSOD while watching Youtube videos: DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD while watching Youtube videos: DPC Watchdog Violation: I keep getting a BSOD every time I try to watch Youtube videos. It is always a DPC Watchdog Violation. I recently updated to a new windows version after having issues after doing a reset. Windows 10 i7-7500U Intel HD Graphics 620 92670
  7. BSOD while watching youtube videos, DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD while watching youtube videos, DPC Watchdog Violation: For the past few days I have been getting a BSOD while watching youtube videos. I've been updating some drivers to try and fix the problem but it's not working. As far as I know, there hasn't been a recent windows 10 update that caused this, it just started happening. 87995
  8. BSOD: DPC Watch Dog Violation while watching Youtube videos

BSOD: DPC Watch Dog Violation while watching Youtube videos: Hi, I've been getting this BSOD while watching youtube videos. The same thing hasn't happened while in another video platform. Here you can find the attached dump files. Thank your very much if anyone tries helping me. I'm very lost, I've tried updating all drivers with...
  9. BSOD watching Youtube Video, DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD watching Youtube Video, DPC Watchdog Violation: In the couple past of days after Windows 10 updated by itself, my computer has been crashing every hour while I'm attempting to watch some youtube videos. This is getting out of hand and I have no idea what to do to fix this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 67073
  10. BSOD dpc dogwatch violation while watching youtube/netflix

BSOD dpc dogwatch violation while watching youtube/netflix: I've been getting constant BSODs while watching youtube or netflix. It starts with a loud static noise which makes my laptop freeze; however, sometimes it goes back to normal after a few seconds or it gives me a BSOD. I've tried a lot of things like downgrading Realtek PCIe...