Windows 10: DPC Watchdog Violation/Freezing and Audio Loops

Discus and support DPC Watchdog Violation/Freezing and Audio Loops in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've never used a help forum before for my OS and I don't know much about computers so forgive me if I'm not very good at helping you help me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Carnival, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Carnival Win User

DPC Watchdog Violation/Freezing and Audio Loops

Hello, I've never used a help forum before for my OS and I don't know much about computers so forgive me if I'm not very good at helping you help me. What's been happening for a while now since....a few weeks ago, I've been having this issue where if I'm watching videos on YouTube or rather watching any form of video at all, I get a sound loop, my computer freezes and eventually crashes. The BSOD then tells me that I need to look up a DPC Watchdog Violation error. This doesn't happen while playing games on Steam or anything else really. I don't usually buy any super graphically intensive games, I think. The games that would be the hardest on my PC I believe would be either Xenoverse 2 or Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations. And when I play Xenoverse 2 nothing out of the ordinary happens. And nothing weird happens when I do anything else really. Just when I watch videos. I've tried lots of methods like doing the chkdsk thing with command prompt, the scannnow thing, going into safe mode and uninstalling my graphics cards, reinstalling them later, turning off fast start up and switching the Intel Chipset Family to the standard SATA one. And after that I tried updating all of my drivers but it just kept happening. I just factory defaulted my computer but I just got a freeze and audio loop and I'm pretty sure it will keep happening unless I find some permanent solution for this.

Seeing as how I factory defaulted my computer and I haven't BSOD'd yet, I can't get you a dump file yet, which I apologize for. Sorry about disregarding the procedure for this sort of stuff but I didn't really know where else to ask about this. I want to prevent this from happening again but I also want to fix the problem I have now before it worsens.

I went into Event Viewer and saw this around the time I got the freeze and audio loop issue.

DPC Watchdog Violation/Freezing and Audio Loops [​IMG]

Here's the info that I knew how to get about my PC:

I also use an Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti as my display adapter if that's any help.

Again, sorry about not following procedure and probably making a messy thread about this. I hope this helps you help me and I thank anyone who takes the time to read this and help me out.

:)

Carnival, Jun 29, 2017

2. DPC Watchdog Violation

I'm playing the game Minecraft and my PC freezes and crashed with the error of DPC Watchdog violation.

Here is a link to my files: OneDrive

Thank You!

Vito Cicinelli, Jun 29, 2017
  3. titan21 Win User
    blue screen

stop code : DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

titan21, Jun 29, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

The DM collector will collect msinfo32, event logs in addition to any bsod. Please use: BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

If possible please use English as the default language before creating the logs so that we can read and troubleshoot the information within the logs.

zbook, Jun 29, 2017
  5. Carnival Win User
    Carnival, Jun 29, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    In the initial post it indicates that: watching any form of video at all, I get a sound loop, my computer freezes and eventually crashes. The BSOD then tells me that I need to look up a DPC Watchdog Violation error. Later though: Seeing as how I factory defaulted my computer and I haven't BSOD'd yet

This is confusing where there was and then wasn't a bsod. Please explain.

Do you do any over clocking?
    Do you use hardware or software raid?
    Have you modified the bios?

In the logs there was no watchdog violation.
    In the logs there were no unexpected shutdowns.
    Are you using Ccleaner? or other software that removes the dump files?
    For the memory there is 8 GB. How may dimm are there and how much ram is on each dimm?

Let's do so checking of the operating system and troubleshooting:

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) In the left lower corner type: control > click on control panel > change to large or small icons > click on troubleshooting > on the left pane click view all > run these troubleshooters:
    a) hardware and devices
    b) playing audio
    c) recording audio
    d) video playback
    For each troubleshooter click advanced and make sure apply repairs automatically is checked.
    For each troubleshooter click view detailed information.
    For any item that was fixed or any item that could not be fixed please use the snipping tool and post an image into the thread.

zbook, Jun 29, 2017
  7. Carnival Win User
    Sorry, I wasn't being clear. The BSODs were happening before I factory defaulted my computer and I was saying that since I have factory defaulted I have not had another one happen but I am in fear that another one could occur if I do not fix my current problem.
    I don't do any overclocking, I haven't messed with the BIOS at all and I don't do any hardware or software raids.

Winver:

Here's what the command prompt said:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.15063.0Image Version: 10.0.15063.0[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.C:\WINDOWS\system32>C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scanThe type of the file system is NTFS.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 1152000 file records processed.File verification completed. 50060 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 1225782 index entries processed.Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. 36892 data files processed.CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 35206016 USN bytes processed.Usn Journal verification completed.Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required. 976130047 KB total disk space. 72297424 KB in 241813 files. 155544 KB in 36893 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 1321243 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 902355836 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 244032511 total allocation units on disk. 225588959 allocation units available on disk.C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Hardware and Devices:

I had to restart twice and then it started telling me it couldn't identify the problem.

Playing Audio:

I use a TV as my monitor and I have a pair of headphones plugged in at the moment so I don't really know why it's saying this.

Video Playback:

Sorry about taking so long to reply, the command prompt stuff was taking forever so I just went to bed while it was going.

Carnival, Jun 29, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

zbook, Jun 29, 2017
  9. Carnival Win User
    Well, I just had another BSOD while watching some videos.
    I guess this problem is still pretty bad even after a factory default.
    I hope this isn't a hardware issue.

I tried doing the check for solution thing and just as I expected Windows provided no help.

Carnival, Jun 30, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    zbook, Jun 30, 2017
  11. Carnival Win User
    https://4.lithi.io/RTDFS0.zip
    I just downloaded WhoCrashed and it said this:

I'm going to try these solutions and maybe things will work out.

Carnival, Jun 30, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    Code: BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, fffff802539f1348}*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlane.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlane.sys Probably caused by : rtwlane.sys ( rtwlane+306c4 )[/quote] rtwlane.sys Realtek PCI-E Wireless LAN NIC NDIS Driver http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Level=4&Conn=3
    Code: RTWlanE Realtek Wireless LAN 8 Realtek Wireless LAN 8 Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 4,096 3,547,136 0 5/2/2017 10:44:59 PM C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rtwlane.sys 8,192[/quote] Code: 6/30/2017 10:58 PM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket 0x133_DPC_rtwlane!unknown_function, type 0
    Event Name: BlueScreen
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: db4e676b-6a84-41d0-befb-b472de0ee476

Problem signature:
    P1: 133
    P2: 0
    P3: 501
    P4: 500
    P5: fffff802539f1348
    P6: 10_0_15063
    P7: 0_0
    P8: 768_1
    P9:
    P10:

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\063017-33328-01.dmp
    \\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WER-142046-0.sysdata.xml
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD048.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD142.tmp.csv
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD152.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_133_cac82ded3ee4aeb5581cf2c1e9e5e523f3e7886d_00000000_cab_1ee61678

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: f1411eb8-c294-48e0-bcbc-18a5526cad2a
    Report Status: 268435456
    Hashed bucket:[/quote] 1) Uninstall all Realtek software and drivers using device manager and control panel
    reinstall: From the Asus web site entering your computer's product or serial number and operating system . If it is not listed there then use: Realtek

Change wireless to wired or ethernet before uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.

zbook, Jun 30, 2017
  13. Carnival Win User

. (Sorry about double-posting forgot to check to see if there was more than one page)

Carnival, Jun 30, 2017
  14. Carnival Win User
    What do you mean change wireless to wired or ethernet?
    I can't exactly connect my computer to my router/modem through ethernet because it's two floors below me.
    I've already downloaded all the drivers I need.
    They all have set-up files in them and they came from ASUS's website.
    Do I just need to run the set-up files and that's it?

Carnival, Jun 30, 2017
  15. Carnival Win User
    I uninstalled my Realtek Sound drivers the pcie gb family controller and my realtek wirelesss lan thing and installed the drivers from Asus.
    My computer had an update while I was restarting to see if the ASUS files were going to help and it seems that nothing really changed after I ran the setups and installed them.

Carnival, Jun 30, 2017
Thema:

1. DPC Watchdog Violation/Freezing and Audio Loops - Similar Threads - DPC Watchdog Violation

2. DPC watchdog violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC watchdog violation: Hi, I've had this issue before and fixed it by asking the community but I'm not sure if the same thing is causing it this time. My windows 10 pc freezes every once in a while and sends me to a screen that says "your device ran into a problem and needs to restart." along with...
  3. DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC Watchdog Violation: I've been getting a lot of this BSOD and I thought it was because of my Nord VPN but after switching it's not gone away. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gzvlzr7Y0K3v1zWhSQePtIN2vsB75S9v?usp=sharing...
  4. DPC Watchdog violation loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC Watchdog violation loop: Hello everyone,I'm cracking my head with the DPC Watchdog violation bluescreen on Windows 10 in my laptop. If I didn't need the programs inside I would've done a fresh install long ago.Recently I've been getting BSOD every time I try to boot. Laptop has been in use for more...
  5. DPC Watchdog violation loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC Watchdog violation loop: Hello everyone,I'm cracking my head with the DPC Watchdog violation bluescreen on Windows 10 in my laptop. If I didn't need the programs inside I would've done a fresh install long ago.Recently I've been getting BSOD every time I try to boot. Laptop has been in use for more...
  6. DPC Watchdog violation loop

7. DPC Watchdog Violation and Freezing

DPC Watchdog Violation and Freezing: My computer keep crashing. I'd say about 1/4 of the time it is DPC Watchdog Violation error that I just CANNOT pin down for the life of me, and the other 3/4 is a freeze that cannot be fixed unless I flip the switch on the PSU off and on again. Here are my minidump files, can...
  8. DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DPC Watchdog Violation: Need help with DPC Watchdog violation; pc was just kind of idle and suddenly BSOD. I'm running windows 10 version 1909 Build(18363.720) 2 of the latest updates have been giving me random bsods as well and I have felt that the KB4551762 update has been the most stable for me...
  9. Boot up loop. DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot up loop. DPC Watchdog Violation: I can’t get into my pc. Long story short, I was using my pc and needed to unplug my wall adapter for my phone behind my desk, because my regular one used was broken. I bumped my surge protectors and shut off my pc. It’s stuck on a loop of showing the manufacturer splash...
  10. DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Support
    DPC Watchdog Violation: hi recently I have a problem that I have blue screen (dpc watchdog violation) sometimes happens to me especially when I open the overwatch game sometimes I can play all day and without problems and other times just start the game I get the error of dpc watchdog violation blue...