Windows 10: DPC Watchdog Violation - Random Freeze/BSOD

Discus and support DPC Watchdog Violation - Random Freeze/BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, This is a clean installation of Windows 10 64-bit, computer locks up completely at random times and all I can do is reset, if I wait enough it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zardozzo, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Zardozzo Win User

DPC Watchdog Violation - Random Freeze/BSOD

Hello,
    This is a clean installation of Windows 10 64-bit, computer locks up completely at random times and all I can do is reset, if I wait enough it gives this BSOD, I have a GTX 690 and if I enable SLI this happens immediately if I play games, but without SLI its somewhat random that made me think its because of the GPU, all drivers up to date btw.

Wtih SLI enabled for example I cant get past the Rockstar logo on GTAV, with SLI disabled its somewhat random but more frequently when browing (Chrome). I get BSODs while idle too, dont need to do anything, sound keeps playing as nothing happened btw. I can hear stuff happening untill BSOD, Oh and also if I'm quick to push power off when it freezes computer responds to that and shuts off as normal. I think its a driver issue on Nvidia's as BSOD is pointing at a graphics related file. I think I did everything please help me.

:)

Zardozzo, Dec 18, 2017

2. BSOD- DPC Watchdog violation

BSOD - DPC watchdog violation how to fix?

JamesJagow, Dec 18, 2017
  3. DPC Watchdog Violation

I am getting random computer freezes that follow with a stop code DPC Watchdog Violation at least once a day.

I would post the minidump files but i don't see where to attach them.

JesseDenson, Dec 18, 2017
  4. DPC Watchdog Violation - Random Freeze/BSOD

HI,
    What size and brand power supply do you have ?

ThrashZone, Dec 18, 2017
  5. Zardozzo Win User
    Raidmax 1000W

This one: Power Supplies_RX-1000AE

Zardozzo, Dec 18, 2017
  6. Zardozzo Win User
    I did the first 2 steps:
    Code: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.125](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.16299.15Image Version: 10.0.16299.125[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.C:\WINDOWS\system32>[/quote] I will do checkdisk and HDTune tonight then post again.

BTW I think the drive errors caused by that OCZ COLOSSUS LT labeled D:/ , It wasnt reliable from day 1, it sometimes disappears under write load very rarely but used it for years as a data disk to install stuff with Windows 7, 8, 10 and never caused something like a BSOD.

I already did the 8th part (DDU) before reinstalling windows on this device, I'm getting drivers from nvidia.com.

Information regarding drivers I used:
    I tried default Windows installed drivers. BSOD
    I get drivers by myself from manufaturer sites: ASUS for chipset etc. Nvidia for GFX. BSOD
    I used a program called Driver Easy to update all drivers (it found a lot). BSOD

There are no other dump files because all of them were in the previous installation, i did a clean install before posting.

Zardozzo, Dec 18, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    For drivers the best source are from the computer manufacturer / motherboard manufacturer.
    The next best source is from the component manufacturer.
    When using the software websites that have drivers you don't know what you are getting.
    We see many BSOD. Some need to clean install.
    The component manufacturer drivers are modified by the computer manufacturer for their configurations.
    So computer manufacturer / motherboard manufacturer drivers are the best sources.

zbook, Dec 18, 2017
  8. Zardozzo Win User

I'm already getting them from my parts manufacturers, I put this thing together myself so there is no computer manufacturer.
    I have ASUS Sabertooth X79 Board so I get my drivers from asus.com
    EVGA GTX 690 , getting drivers from nvidia.com as evga.com supplies the same files on their site.
    I had a Creative Soundblaster installed, was getting drivers from Creative.com, but removed it while troubleshooting to see if it may be related.

Zardozzo, Dec 18, 2017
  9. Zardozzo Win User
    Thanks! Wish it was still running smooth.

Zardozzo, Dec 18, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    The graphics has been the achilles heel with hundreds of BSOD.
    Soon you see if the "clean install" fixes the BSOD.

zbook, Dec 18, 2017
  11. Zardozzo Win User
    Rolling back NVIDIA driver to 388.13 solved this issue.

Zardozzo, Dec 26, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    When available please post the drive test results (chkdsk, HD Tune).

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DPC Watchdog Violation - Random Freeze/BSOD - Similar Threads - DPC Watchdog Violation

2. Random freeze then bluescreens error DPC watchdog violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freeze then bluescreens error DPC watchdog violation: Hi thereThis issue has been bugging me for a while now. It happens randomly but mostly when I'm browsing.I had the pc checked up by the retailer, they found some issues with the SSD but the problem remains even after the ssd replacement. PC would go into a "frozen" state for...
  3. Random freeze then bluescreens error DPC watchdog violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freeze then bluescreens error DPC watchdog violation: Hi thereThis issue has been bugging me for a while now. It happens randomly but mostly when I'm browsing.I had the pc checked up by the retailer, they found some issues with the SSD but the problem remains even after the ssd replacement. PC would go into a "frozen" state for...
  4. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD and random freeze. Help me fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD and random freeze. Help me fix it.: I get the BSOD with DPC Watchdog Violation.This mostly happens when starting up virtual machines in Vmware. It also happens when using Microsoft Edge, At first, The computer freezes and never recovers and then a BSOD appears. This happens frequently and please help me fix...
  5. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD and random freeze. Help me fix it.

DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD and random freeze. Help me fix it.: I get the BSOD with DPC Watchdog Violation.This mostly happens when starting up virtual machines in Vmware. It also happens when using Microsoft Edge, At first, The computer freezes and never recovers and then a BSOD appears. This happens frequently and please help me fix...
  6. DPC watchdog violation BSOD

DPC watchdog violation BSOD: SYMBOL_NAME: mtkwl6ex+335ceMODULE_NAME: mtkwl6exIMAGE_NAME: mtkwl6ex.sysSTACK_COMMAND: .cxr; .ecxr ; kbBUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 335ceFAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_ISR_mtkwl6ex!unknown_functionOS_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1BUILDLAB_STR: vb_releaseOSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64OSNAME: Windows...
  7. DPC Watchdog Violation and Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC Watchdog Violation and Freezing: My computer keep crashing. I'd say about 1/4 of the time it is DPC Watchdog Violation error that I just CANNOT pin down for the life of me, and the other 3/4 is a freeze that cannot be fixed unless I flip the switch on the PSU off and on again. Here are my minidump files, can...
  8. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD

DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD: Hello, I've been recently getting BSODs with error code DPC Watchdog Violation when waking PC up from sleep mode. My log files and system info can be found here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap87I0ekZbOF3WhuIjiI--QnKxbn?e=oOiOh8 Thanks, Daniel...
  9. Random DPC Watchdog violations

Random DPC Watchdog violations: So I am confused about what is happening. I am getting this bluescreen around once a month. It would be good to know what is going on. Dump https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-dpc-watchdog-violations/bd49b216-5fa2-434e-a370-c5e1d315e797
  10. Random BSOD with DPC Watchdog Violation

Random BSOD with DPC Watchdog Violation: I've searched around the internet but apparently this BSOD can be caused by literally anything and I've been struggling to figure out how to narrow down the issue. The blue screens tend to be most frequent when running an application in full screen, like watching a video or...