Windows 10: Dpc_ watchdog_violation

Discus and support Dpc_ watchdog_violation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hello. ive had this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION problem for some weeks now. ive tried to re instal windows, drivers etc. but nothing have worked. when im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mats1995, Sep 17, 2017.

1. mats1995 Win User

Dpc_ watchdog_violation

hello.

ive had this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION problem for some weeks now. ive tried to re instal windows, drivers etc. but nothing have worked. when im playing games the problem don comes, but when im browsing thing in the internet or listening to spotify i comes in random moments.

pleace help!

best regards
    Mats

:)

mats1995, Sep 17, 2017

2. BSOD Watchdog_Violation (2nd attempt)

These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver).

Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem. Please run verifier first. You do not need to run memtest yet unless verifier does not find the cause, or you want to.

If you are over-clocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
    In other words STOP!!! If you do not know what this means you probably are not

1-Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)
    answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-system/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983

2-Memtest. (You can read more about running memtest here)
    answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-system/bsod-memory-problems-test-easily-and-completely/21c3f63f-f570-4522-b2ef-ecc7b7ff6461

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 17, 2017
  3. BSOD Watchdog_Violation (2nd attempt)

I had posted before with a similar issue, but marked that thread as answered. Quick update: I had moved my SSD in my case, got BSOD, re-secured SSD and other connections, updated drivers and ran antivirus scan, thought issue was resolved.

I'm back... I thought I had fixed the issue, and it does seem to be occurring less often, but that almost makes it harder to troubleshoot.

New update - Watchdog BSOD (12/2) I think I included both the text file and minidump this time

Updated Google drive with new files. I like onedrive, but I'm not sure about the sharing for CMU's onedrive access.

Thanks again in advance! You guys are such great help!

BSOD – Google Drive

I will work with driver verifier if that's the recommendation, but I'm hoping the minidump can help pinpoint the issue.

CoreyCompton, Sep 17, 2017
  4. Dpc_ watchdog_violation

Hi,

looks like a driver problem with the NVIDIA driver. Please uninstall & reinstall NVIDIA driver using DDU

Dpc_ watchdog_violation [​IMG]
    Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use
    Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) is a small software that can help the user to uninstall the display driver from the users PC. It can uninstall the driver for all the lead display chip developers, viz. Nvidia, AMD and Intel.

After reinstalling the driver u should perform an GPU stress test:

Diagnostic Test
    GPU TEST

Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.
    Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.
    Take a Screenshot and post it here.

Analysis results showing the misbehaving driver:

Code: 0x00000133: [SPECIAL] DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (18.09.2017 17:28:33) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: nvlddmkm.sys [22.08.2017] * nVidia Video drivers * => Download Drivers | NVIDIA PROCESS: System ============================================================================================================== 0x00000133: [SPECIAL] DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (17.09.2017 19:57:57) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: nvlddmkm.sys [22.08.2017] * nVidia Video drivers * => Download Drivers | NVIDIA PROCESS: taskhostw.exe[/quote]

BSODHunter, Sep 18, 2017
  5. You should also remove Corsair link 4. Its known for causing bluescreens

EDIT: Main problem is the NVIDIA driver because I found those two disabled devices regarding NVIDIA:

Code: NVIDIA High Definition Audio HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0083&SUBSYS_38426286&REV_1001\7&E8CA62B&0&0001 This device is disabled. NVIDIA High Definition Audio HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0083&SUBSYS_38426286&REV_1001\7&26A99B64&0&0001 This device is disabled.[/quote]

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dpc_ watchdog_violation

1. Dpc_ watchdog_violation - Similar Threads - Dpc_ watchdog_violation

2. How to stop DPC-WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error from happening again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop DPC-WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error from happening again?: Hi,Today is the third day in a row that when I boot my pc, for the first hour or so it is stuck in a blue screen error loop, saying DPC-WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. As I understand, it may be related to faulty drivers, but I don't know which are the issue, or if it's driver related at...
  3. How to stop DPC-WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error from happening again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop DPC-WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error from happening again?: Hi,Today is the third day in a row that when I boot my pc, for the first hour or so it is stuck in a blue screen error loop, saying DPC-WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. As I understand, it may be related to faulty drivers, but I don't know which are the issue, or if it's driver related at...
  4. How to stop DPC-WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error from happening again?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DPC_ WATCHDOG VIOLATION BLUE SCREEN ERROR MESSAGE COMING EVERY TIME WHEN I BOOT MY PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_ WATCHDOG VIOLATION BLUE SCREEN ERROR MESSAGE COMING EVERY TIME WHEN I BOOT MY PC: DPC_WATCHDOG ERROR MESSAGE COMING EVERY TIME WHEN I BOOT MY PC. MOUSE POINTER STOP AT ONE POINT AND SCREEN GET STUCK AND THE ERROR MESSAGE APPEAR PLEASE HELP ITS TRUE...
  6. DPC_ WATCHDOG VIOLATION BLUE SCREEN ERROR MESSAGE COMING EVERY TIME WHEN I BOOT MY PC

DPC_ WATCHDOG VIOLATION BLUE SCREEN ERROR MESSAGE COMING EVERY TIME WHEN I BOOT MY PC: DPC_WATCHDOG ERROR MESSAGE COMING EVERY TIME WHEN I BOOT MY PC. MOUSE POINTER STOP AT ONE POINT AND SCREEN GET STUCK AND THE ERROR MESSAGE APPEAR PLEASE HELP ITS TRUE...
  7. DPC_ WATCHDOG VIOLATION BLUE SCREEN ERROR MESSAGE COMING EVERY TIME WHEN I BOOT MY PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. DPC_ WATCHDOG VIOLATION BLUE SCREEN ERROR MESSAGE COMING EVERY TIME WHEN I BOOT MY PC

9. DPC_ WATCHDOG VIOLATION BLUE SCREEN ERROR MESSAGE COMING EVERY TIME WHEN I BOOT MY PC

10. Bsod- dpc_ watchdog violation

Bsod- dpc_ watchdog violation: Hello, My sister seems to be having issues on her laptop with it constantly having to restart and being presented with a blue screen with it saying DPC_ WATCHDOG VIOLATION. I was wondering if anyone could help out with the issue as neither her or I have any real...