Windows 10: DPC_Watchdog_Violation and Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error BSOD

Discus and support DPC_Watchdog_Violation and Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've done a fresh install, and am receiving these errors. Both showed up before, and after the fresh install. It has occurred while playing WoW, as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by plankersz, Sep 21, 2016.

1. plankersz Win User

DPC_Watchdog_Violation and Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error BSOD

I've done a fresh install, and am receiving these errors. Both showed up before, and after the fresh install.

It has occurred while playing WoW, as well as while having netflix playing.

:)

plankersz, Sep 21, 2016

2. BSOD: Windows 10 - driver issues, looking for solutions

Recently purchased a new laptop and have been having frequent crashes with BSOD. Issues are usually displayed as

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Other issues have popped up:

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nviddmkm.sys)

Example 1 dump file

Example 2 dump file

There are some smaller dump files about 326kb, but I get file is undreadable errors when trying to upload them.

SteveShanks, Sep 21, 2016
  3. New 2520 multiple lockups BSD and reboot

more errors BSOD

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

going to send it back

ramseyjack---01, Sep 21, 2016
  4. plankersz Win User

Sorry forgot to add specs.

Windows 10 64bit
    Asus Impact mobo
    Intel 4670k CPU
    16 GB ram
    MSI GTX 760 GPU
    Samsung 840 EVO SSD
    2 HDD's (can get the make/model if necessary)
    Silverstone SFX PSU (Might be 450w, cant remember, again, can get the model etc if necessary)

plankersz, Sep 22, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver, you can use this tutorial for the installation part *Arrow NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Attachment 102982
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`07fb0000 fffff800`08d8d000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Thu Aug 25 22:31:18 2016 (57BF5596) CheckSum: 00D90B2E ImageSize: 00DDD000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

DPC_Watchdog_Violation and Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error BSOD [​IMG]

DPC_Watchdog_Violation and Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error BSOD [​IMG]

6. plankersz Win User
    Okay i'm installing the Nvidia drivers now, will report back if there are any issues.
    And I updated my system specs.

plankersz, Sep 23, 2016
  7. plankersz Win User
    Was playing wow again, and it froze again. This time it didn't display a BSOD, simply froze.

Normally it would show fragments like the picture I will include, then go to BSOD, and the screen would still show the fragments.

Attachment 103215

Updated post with correct log collector file.

plankersz, Sep 25, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Is the provided information about your PSU correct?
    If so then it may be your PSU being not sufficient for your GPU, per the information provided by Geforce the minimum recommended is 500W.

9. plankersz Win User
    I do believe it is correct, i will double check when i arrive home, however i have used this same pc since 2014 with no issues. I did just move, do you think its possible that there was damage that occurred from bumps? I did have the case strapped down, but maybe from the trailer bouncing? I also noticed after my post i bumped my desk with the pc on it and i had the fragmenting occur as well, unless it was just coincidence.

Edit: i double checked emails for receipts and yes, it is the silverstone 450w sfx psu

plankersz, Sep 25, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Unfortunately, this is no valid reason. First hardware can fail at any time, second there is a time difference between then and now (Windows 10 mainly) wherein many OS changes have occured that provide changes in how the system behaves.

TBH, I'm having a little trouble in understanding what you mean, but that may be because I'm unable to translate this properly to my native language.
    If I understand correctly what you mean, then you may want to test all parts in a different system to ensure that it still works fine.

11. plankersz Win User
    Sorry, I wrote that on my phone earlier and did not have much time. I have been using the same build of windows 10 for some time now, with no major changes, aside from driver updates etc.

At any rate I will try to take parts out and swap in with new. I do have a feeling when I moved, during transport of the case, something may have come loose, or got damaged from bouncing around during the move.

Thank you for your efforts.

plankersz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DPC_Watchdog_Violation and Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error BSOD - Similar Threads - DPC_Watchdog_Violation Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error BSOD

2. BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR: What could be causing it?VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 119The video scheduler has detected that fatal violation has occurred. This resultedin a condition that video scheduler can no longer progress. Any other values afterparameter 1 must be individually examined according to...
  3. BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR: What could be causing it?VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR 119The video scheduler has detected that fatal violation has occurred. This resultedin a condition that video scheduler can no longer progress. Any other values afterparameter 1 must be individually examined according to...
  4. BSOD Errors Video_Scheduler_Internal_Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Errors Video_Scheduler_Internal_Errors: have a HP EliteBook notebook that is giving me BSOD - Video_Scheduler_Internal_Errors I have traced through similar threads and have found a tool that allows me to look at the miniDump. Could someone help me understand which Device/drivers the Mini Dump is pointing to so I...
  5. Dpc_Watchdog_Violation and Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error

Dpc_Watchdog_Violation and Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error: Problem A week ago I was playing a game on my laptop, when it locked up and went to BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (DWV) error code. At first I though nothing of it until later that same day when it started to happen within 2-5min of booting up. Forward 1 week I have...
  6. BSOD caused by VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

BSOD caused by VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR: I have been having a few BSODs. One by Non Paged...something I don't remember properly. One by DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. One was caused by atikmdag.sys file/driver. And this is the 3rd one. I am having AMD 530 Radeon. I did try uninstalling the driver & then using...
  7. BSOD - VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

BSOD - VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR: Hi, I suddenly got this error from yesterday. I tried to review the dump file and the problems seem to be about nvlddmkm.sys and dxgmms2.sys but then I don't know what should do for next step. I have made sure the display card driver and windows are updated, done sfc scan...
  8. BSOD Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error While playing

BSOD Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error While playing: So ive bought anew computer with MSI Gtx 1070 and Motherboard MSI Z170 M5 Gaming ive played a bit of medium-graphics games but the first high-graphics game i downloaded was sniper elite 3 which caused for me BSOD (Video_Scheduler_Internal_error) everytime I play (still...
  9. Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error BSOD help?

Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error BSOD help?: Hi all, Basically, I keep getting a bsod with this same thread. I thought at first it would be an issue with my graphics drivers so I simply reinstalled them. However, this keeps occurring. I have tried multiple versions of the drivers for my gpu and still the same issue....
  10. Bsod video_scheduler_internal_error

Bsod video_scheduler_internal_error: Hey! For around a week ago, I started to have blue screens every now and then. Usually happens 2-3 times a day and it can happen at any time. Error code is VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR. What I've done so far is to update my video card drivers. Have not noticed any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dpc_watchdog_violation and video_scheduler_internal_error