Windows 10: DPC_Watchdog_Violation at random intervals

Discus and support DPC_Watchdog_Violation at random intervals in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi TenForums, I have recently been experiencing DPC_Watchdog_Violations at seemingly random intervals. It doesn't matter if my computer is idle or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by peggory, Sep 24, 2016.

1. peggory Win User

DPC_Watchdog_Violation at random intervals

Hi TenForums,

I have recently been experiencing DPC_Watchdog_Violations at seemingly random intervals.
    It doesn't matter if my computer is idle or in use and there is no specific time when it crashes, sometimes it happens on boot and others it happens after a few hours of use.

I have tried the following:
    Manually updating the SATA AHCI driver
    Disabling Win auto driver updates
    Clean installed GFX drivers
    Force Windows to full shutdown instead of quick shut down
    Unplugged all attached USB devices and left the PC idle (still crashed)
    Used SlimDriver to find and update as many out of date drivers I could
    Run a /SFC scannow
    Run antivirus/anti malware checks

Attached is the crash dump
    Attachment 103038

Here is a Speccy overview:
    Attachment 103039

Can provide more information if required.

Thanks for your time *Smile

:)

peggory, Sep 24, 2016
  2. Drucie Win User

Internet dropping at random intervals

- I too have been struggling with this for weeks - internet dropping at random intervals whilst still showing wifi connection. My other laptop works fine. My computer was not showing the same updates as my other one. I have spent hours and days on this,
    factory resets and hours with Microsoft agents etc etc !! This is what I think happened. Microsoft downloaded the anniversary update. There were some glitches so they down loaded a fix on KB3206632 which my computer missed. They then downloaded a
    fix for a fix KB3213986 which somehow
    missed the dropping internet fix. When I tried to install KB3206632 it wouldn't allow me because it thought I had it because it had been superceded by KB3213986. What I eventually did was download
    KB3206632 to my desktop and saved it in a file. I then deleted KB3213986 - then opened KB3206632 and installed it and then windows automatically updated with KB3213986. My computer has been working fine since - no dropped internet. (so far).

hope this works!! PS - KB3206632 can be found in Microsoft update library.

Drucie, Sep 24, 2016
  3. Internet dropping at random intervals

Do you have similar problems when using an ethernet cable to connect the computer to the router?

Please provide more information so that the cause of your problem may be diagnosed.

Please restart your computer and allow 20 minutes for the system to run before uploading information required to help me investigate your problem. When examining Event Viewer log files many, not all, problems show in the period immediately after
    the computer has been booted.

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32
    and click OK . Place the cursor on
    System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save.
    Files in the txt file format are preferred.Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file.The system creates
    a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. If the
    report is in a language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload to your OneDrive and share with everyone a copy of your
    System log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type
    eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do not provide filtered files.
    Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Sep 24, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Latwest dump indicates a problem with nldrv.sys:
    Code: BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nldrv.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nldrv.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!WfpRefreshEntryLru+80 )[/quote] It belongs to Netlimiter. I suggest you uninstall Netlimiter and test for awhile and see if that resolves the problem.

win32k.sys and NETIO.SYS are OS files and unlikely to be a cause of the problem.

Ztruker, Sep 25, 2016
  5. peggory Win User
    Thanks for the help Rich, I'll uninstall it and give it a shot!

peggory, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DPC_Watchdog_Violation at random intervals - Similar Threads - DPC_Watchdog_Violation random intervals

2. Games randomly close at random intervals

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games randomly close at random intervals: so i have an issue i play a game for example fallout or remnant from the ashes or destiny 2 and all of a sudden less then a millisecond its like my game alt tabs me out i can still move and all that as i use a controller on certain games but to get audio back i need to...
  3. Games randomly close at random intervals

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games randomly close at random intervals: so i have an issue i play a game for example fallout or remnant from the ashes or destiny 2 and all of a sudden less then a millisecond its like my game alt tabs me out i can still move and all that as i use a controller on certain games but to get audio back i need to...
  4. Random BSOD at random intervals

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD at random intervals: Hello, I have been having troubles as of recent with random BSOD errors that happen at random times. I initially thought that it may have something to do with my ram as I have had troubles with it in the past, although I have used the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and no...
  5. Computer Crashing On Random Intervals

Computer Crashing On Random Intervals: Hello, So i have recently received a new desktop computer and having had to reset it to factory default due to consistent BSOD screens, I now have much less frequent crashes however recently it crashed giving me the following dump: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  6. Computer Hanging at random intervals

Computer Hanging at random intervals: Recently, my computer has been hanging a few hours after reboot. What will happen is I will be playing a game, and my system will freeze for a second or so. If I don't restart my computer a little bit after the initial freeze, it will occur until I restart, and the freeze...
  7. BSOD with random errors at random intervals

BSOD with random errors at random intervals: Hello, So a while back I upgraded my PC, since then i've been getting bsod at random times with random errors. I've tried alot of things like checking the health of memory and storage. Reinstalled windows 10. Now about 3 weeks ago I updated my motherboard software by...
  8. BSOD crashes in random intervals

BSOD crashes in random intervals: Throughout the day my computer will BSOD each time it will say a different reason and I will be doing something completely different each time. Sometimes I am gaming, watching live streams, or absolutely nothing. Thanks in advance for any help you guys give me. 51825
  9. Random BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Random BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Usually every couple of weeks this machine will BSOD with a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on an unknown module. If I run heavy disk I/O the crash will happen a little more often but even then it could go days just fine. Most of the time it crashes when I am away and the...
  10. Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello, I would really appreciate some help with my issues here. This BSOD appears seemingly at random, it can go days without it occuring and it can happen a few times a day. I'm not really sure what seems to trigger it unfortunately. I hope you guys can shed some light on...