Windows 10: dpc_watchdog_violation at seemingly random times

Discus and support dpc_watchdog_violation at seemingly random times in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi forum, I seem to get the dpc_watchdog_violation error code during my BSOD. I'm getting this BSOD multiple times a day and the last two times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Thyrez, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Thyrez Win User

dpc_watchdog_violation at seemingly random times

Hi forum,

I seem to get the dpc_watchdog_violation error code during my BSOD. I'm getting this BSOD multiple times a day and the last two times (within the last 6 hours) it has occurred whilst watching YouTube videos in full screen on Google Chrome.

I have attached the necessary .zip file.

All help is greatly appreciated and I will be forever in your debt. Thank you!

:)

Thyrez, Jul 17, 2016
  2. loglolol Win User

Constant Crashing / BSOD

Hey. I've been having issues with my computer crashing or bluescreening. The time inbetween the crashes are random, and the messages in the BSOD's are seemingly random. If you need anything to help ID the problem, please let me know.

Thanks for your time

loglolol, Jul 17, 2016
  3. Video encountering problems at seemingly random intervals

Hi Riley,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

• How are you trying to access it, by using a program or a Video app?
    • Do you face the same issue online, by using a browser?
    If you are using an app to watch it, then try the suggestions below.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Check for updates for apps from Windows Store and install if you find any.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/check-for-updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store#

Install Movie Maker and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-Live/movie-maker

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 17, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The zip file you uploaded is empty.

Try running DM_Log_collector again exactly as instructed.

Ztruker, Jul 18, 2016
  5. Thyrez Win User
    Apologies, don't know what happened there. I've updated the original post with the correct .zip file.

Thyrez, Jul 18, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Much better, thanks.

Latest dump indicates a problem with athw10x.sys
    It belongs to Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

Code: BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athw10x.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athw10x.sys[/quote] The one you have installed is dated Mon May 18 02:33:25 2015.

The only one I see on the HP web site is for Windows 7 X64 and pretty much matches the date you have.
    Code: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9000 Series Wireless LAN Driver (American, International) [/quote] You can give this one a try: Atheros / Qualcomm DEVices for PCI\VEN_168CSUBSYS_217F103C

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. dpc_watchdog_violation at seemingly random times - Similar Threads - dpc_watchdog_violation seemingly random

2. Unexplained reboots at seemingly random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexplained reboots at seemingly random times: Hello,I recently built my first PC and have been running into unexplained reboots on Windows 11. I don't get a blue screen or an error message at least that I can see, the monitor just cycles off and the computer reboots. It has been happening reliably while trying to...
  3. Unexplained reboots at seemingly random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexplained reboots at seemingly random times: Hello,I recently built my first PC and have been running into unexplained reboots on Windows 11. I don't get a blue screen or an error message at least that I can see, the monitor just cycles off and the computer reboots. It has been happening reliably while trying to...
  4. Blue screen of death at seemingly random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of death at seemingly random times: Lenovo legion 5 15ach6hAMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics 3.00 GHzNvidia Geforce GTX 165016GB ram dual channel both 3200MhzI'm not seeing any pattern for the crashes, it seems entirely random I've had it crash during windows updates, while trying to reset the pc to...
  5. Blue screen of death at seemingly random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen of death at seemingly random times: Lenovo legion 5 15ach6hAMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics 3.00 GHzNvidia Geforce GTX 165016GB ram dual channel both 3200MhzI'm not seeing any pattern for the crashes, it seems entirely random I've had it crash during windows updates, while trying to reset the pc to...
  6. Blue screen of death at seemingly random times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Random BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Random BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Usually every couple of weeks this machine will BSOD with a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on an unknown module. If I run heavy disk I/O the crash will happen a little more often but even then it could go days just fine. Most of the time it crashes when I am away and the...
  8. BSOD: 'DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION' at random times, even when idle

BSOD: 'DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION' at random times, even when idle: Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15, the model no. is 3541, with a AMD A6-6310 APU, and 4 GB of DDR3 RAM. Windows 10 x64. Started getting the BSOD 'DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION' a few weeks ago, and it annoyed me so much I re-installed Windows 10 about 2 weeks ago thinking that would...
  9. DPC_Watchdog_Violation at random intervals

DPC_Watchdog_Violation at random intervals: Hi TenForums, I have recently been experiencing DPC_Watchdog_Violations at seemingly random intervals. It doesn't matter if my computer is idle or in use and there is no specific time when it crashes, sometimes it happens on boot and others it happens after a few hours of...
  10. Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello, I would really appreciate some help with my issues here. This BSOD appears seemingly at random, it can go days without it occuring and it can happen a few times a day. I'm not really sure what seems to trigger it unfortunately. I hope you guys can shed some light on...