Windows 10: DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD help when playing games

Discus and support DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD help when playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, my PC recently got this DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD while I was playing games like CS:GO or GTA5. The BSOD comes unexpectedly in between 5 mins~2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zSam, Jul 8, 2018.

1. zSam Win User

DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD help when playing games

Hi, my PC recently got this DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD while I was playing games like CS:GO or GTA5. The BSOD comes unexpectedly in between 5 mins~2 hours of gaming it's really annoying.

FYI I've tried checking system files (sfc scannow), switching SATA/AHCI controllers both Intel and Windows default driver still got the BSOD.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

:)

zSam, Jul 8, 2018

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 8, 2018
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Mattie,

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues. Now, you mentioned that you already changed the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to standard. Did you update the driver as well? And also,
    are you getting the same blue screen error when you play other games? Or is it only occurring when you play a particular game?

For the mean time, if you haven't tried any further troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you perform the suggested steps from this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, Jul 8, 2018
  4. DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD help when playing games

BSOD when playing games windows 10

So when playing games, I am getting a BSOD. Tried a clean installation of NVIDIA drivers, but the problem appears to persist. BSOD message is DPC_Watchdog_violation. Here is a link to the memory dump:

Shared items 11-19-2016

My specs:

windows 64 bit enterprise

Graphics card: gtx 1070 g1 gaming

CPU: i7-6700k

mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Thanks for your help

AndrewGingerich_977, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD help when playing games

1. DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD help when playing games - Similar Threads - DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD help

2. Bluescreen when playing games DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen when playing games DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: My computer always cause blue screens when running games these days.I got the minidump files and try to analyze them by WinDbg, but I failed.Could anyone help me to figure out what happened?Here's a zip file of all minidump...
  3. Bluescreen when playing games DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen when playing games DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: My computer always cause blue screens when running games these days.I got the minidump files and try to analyze them by WinDbg, but I failed.Could anyone help me to figure out what happened?Here's a zip file of all minidump...
  4. BSOD when playing game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when playing game: I only have issues when trying to play games. Below is my whocrash report. I've made sure everything is plugged in and sitted correctly RAM/GPU and still getting a BSOD. I've reinstalled windows 11 to see if something was corrupt to no avail. Any help would be great.Link to...
  5. BSOD When playing game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When playing game: Recently I got BSOD several times while playing games, and here is the DMP text: ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck...
  6. BSOD When Playing Game

BSOD When Playing Game: Hi Everyone I have been having BSOD problems when i play game that used alot of graphic such as Dota 2 , Overwatch etc. The BSOD that i getting is Internal_Video_Scheduler_Error , Video_Tdr_Error and sometimes the graphic driver has been stopped and successfully recovered...
  7. BSOD "dpc_watchdog_violation" when playing videos

BSOD "dpc_watchdog_violation" when playing videos: Hello, As many on the Internet, I have a BSOD when watching videos on Netflix, and sometimes on YouTube (it happens more often on Netflix than on YouTube). I read some threads about it, then I checked my graphic card drivers (there are up to date) and Windows Update,...
  8. BSOD playing GuildWars2, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD playing GuildWars2, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, In the past I have gotten this BSOD "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" a couple times but recently it has been almost once an hour. I have read through several other threads and gotten the program BlueScreenView and can see that ntoskrnl.exe is mentioned on all of the .dmp...
  9. BSOD when playing games

BSOD when playing games: Hi, I keep having the blue screen when I'm gaming and its says something like etd.sys or whatever it is. Hope that I can get some help from here. 91885
  10. BSOD playing Hearthstone, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD playing Hearthstone, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello. I've been having many BSODs while playing Hearthstone. It firstly freezes then the BSOD screen exists. I updated my graphic card driver and others, but didn't change anything. It's usually DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and minidump files indicate ntoskrnl.exe . Any help...